ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN COMBINING Men's and Women's Basketball Scores?

WestTexasRaider

Feb 2, 2016
Just opened ESPN and saw this. I hate making a big deal out of something like this, but dammit I shouldn't have to deal with this crap trying to look through scores.

I don't care if this is "wokeness" or what, but it's stupid.

Screenshot-20211202-210102-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Who gives a fck? Are you too stupid to recognize where it says NCAAW? When I click my top scores, it mixes ncaab, ncaaf, soccer, nfl, nba, etc.

Reactions: UL_1986
Who gives a fck? Are you too stupid to recognize where it says NCAAW? When I click my top scores, it mixes ncaab, ncaaf, soccer, nfl, nba, etc.
I get his complaint somewhat. I like to peruse all of the happenings in MBB each day, and having the same logos for would throw me occasionally. I don’t care about the gender aspect of it, but it would slow me down.

I’d be annoyed if the scores app I used combined scores I wanted with scores/sports I don’t give a shit about lol. It wouldn’t be my scores app for long.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I get his complaint somewhat. I like to peruse all of the happenings in MBB each day, and having the same logos for would throw me occasionally. I don’t care about the gender aspect of it, but it would slow me down.

Yahoo makes it really easy to sort by top 25, conference, etc.

If I wanna see Big Ten scores, I don’t want C-USA men’s scores littering my page.

If I wanna see men’s scores, I don’t want women’s scores littering my page.

I don’t get the argument for not separating them. What is it?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
There’s tabs for your selected game casts/scores. I don’t really understand. 🧐

Reactions: brooky03
I give a ****. You got a problem with it? Never seen it done like that before when I check scores. It a minor inconvenience, sure, but why the hell did they have to do it to begin with. Was never like that before today.

Just texted my buddy about this last night. No, I don’t want womens scores mixed in Bc I have less than zero interest in womens basketball. There is no reason to combine them together. Drives me crazy.

Reactions: englandnu
Obviously he gives a Fvck. As do I.

Yahoo makes it really easy to sort by top 25, conference, etc.

If I wanna see Big Ten scores, I don’t want C-USA men’s scores littering my page.

If I wanna see men’s scores, I don’t want women’s scores littering my page.

I don’t get the argument for not separating them. What is it?
Yeah, I use and love the yahoo app too.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Just go to the NCAAM page instead of looking at some random scoreboard that is way down the page and only shows like 6 games total?

To be fair, I saw this as well, and also thought it was dumb, but that scoreboard would be pretty useless either way.

Just opened ESPN and saw this. I hate making a big deal out of something like this, but dammit I shouldn't have to deal with this crap trying to look through scores.

I don't care if this is "wokeness" or what, but it's stupid.

Screenshot-20211202-210102-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Don't use ESPN for anything

Just texted my buddy about this last night. No, I don’t want womens scores mixed in Bc I have less than zero interest in womens basketball. There is no reason to combine them together. Drives me crazy.

You will be made to care about women's basketball. Ultimately, they will probably force teams to start playing half girls, or people who "identify" as female....

That's really the only way this can end.

Just go to the NCAAM page instead of looking at some random scoreboard that is way down the page and only shows like 6 games total?

To be fair, I saw this as well, and also thought it was dumb, but that scoreboard would be pretty useless either way.
Lol this. I swear some of you guys probably need help opening up PDF’s. Good lord.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
I'm not kidding when I say, me and four out of shape friends would look better five on five than that

For sure! The gap between men's basketball and women's basketball is enormous. Your average high school boys basketball team would crush UConn.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but even without high school basketball experience, I think I could hold my own against D1 women's players (at least when I was a college-aged). I'm 6'3, could dunk, and I ran track in college. Rebounds, blocks, and put-backs would be easy to come by.

Reactions: JimboBBN
It would be cooler if they actually combined the scores. For instance of Villanova men beat Georgetown 75-70 and the Villanova women beat Temple 50-40 then the score on the App should say:

Villanova 125
Georgetown/Temple 110

For sure! The gap between men's basketball and women's basketball is enormous. Your average high school boys basketball team would crush UConn.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but even without high school basketball experience, I think I could hold my own against D1 women's players (at least when I was a college-aged). I'm 6'3, could dunk, and I ran track in college. Rebounds, blocks, and put-backs would be easy to come by.
You could. In hs out womens coach would ask a few shortish non-basketball players to help scrimmage the girls bc they didnt have enough upperclassmen to even scrimmage and it was laughable. And that wasnt even full cpurt and he made us play zone and not block shots.

And our basketball teams arent good, but ida never logged a minute had i played on the boys team.

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
And that wasnt even full cpurt and he made us play zone and not block shots.

lol love the part where you're told not to block shots. The coach clearly had no confidence in the players.

Honestly, playing pick-up against women is never especially enjoyable. If you play too hard and block their shot it's instant "What are you doing?! She's a girl." If you let them score then you hear, "How could you let her score? She's a freaking girl." So f it. I'm not dealing with that non-sense anymore. I'm blocking their shot.

ESPN app isn’t great but it’s far better than cbs sports app or nbc sports app. Those two are absolutely atrocious.

I have zero problem using the ESPN app for NCAAM basketball scores.

It takes all of 2 clicks to get exactly the info I need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT