ADVERTISEMENT

Esa Ahmad back from suspension for WVU on Saturday....

doogie503

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Had me thinking of other players who were key guys on a team and sat out a large chunk of a season due to injury or suspension, and what kind of impact they had when they came back.

Allonzo Trier was great last year after sitting out half the season.

Who are some others?

It is not fair for other teams that one of the best defensive teams in the nation and #2 team gets its 2nd best defender and rebounder back from last year.

Even with that said, I have a bad feeling about the Texas Tech game.

Had me thinking of other players who were key guys on a team and sat out a large chunk of a season due to injury or suspension, and what kind of impact they had when they came back.

Who are some others?
Doesn't matter, WVU doesn't even belong on the same court as Villanova and we're all just playing for 2nd anyway.

Reactions: doogie503
Doesn't matter, WVU doesn't even belong on the same court as Villanova and we're all just playing for 2nd anyway.

They would probably win but it would be a close game. To say we don't belong on the same court is like saying WVU didn't belong on the same court when they upset Kentucky with John Wall, Cousins, etc in 2010 to get to the final 4. On paper and how each team looked all year we should have had no chance but somehow pulled it off. Anything can happen in college basketball.

They would probably win but it would be a close game. To say we don't belong on the same court is like saying WVU didn't belong on the same court when they upset Kentucky with John Wall, Cousins, etc in 2010 to get to the final 4. On paper and how each team looked all year we should have had no chance but somehow we pulled it off.

Anything can happen in college basketball.
jokeoverurhead_zps63078f7f.gif

Who are some others?

This season, McDuffie at Wichita State.

At least you guys aren’t letting this recent bit of success go to your head!!!!

haha We've been a pretty damn good program since 2004 or 2005, but we're not used to being ranked this high and being in the 1 seed conversation. Huggs really seems to have it rolling now. Should be really good for the next 3 or 4 years until he hangs it up.

After Huggs retires who knows what will happen to this program. We have to have our fun now. SmokinSmile

This is all true.

The NCAA should force Villanova to play with only their backups and walk ons. Try to even the playing field a little.

Reactions: tw3301
Even without Ahmad, we'd still get beat this upcoming Monday. KU doesn't have the depth, defensive prowess or an aggressive enough bone in their bodies to compete on the boards. Add Ahmad into WVU's mix and Monday will not be pretty for KU. I'm fully expecting to get beat and get beat rather handily. By the 15 minute mark of the 2nd half of games, KU players are flat out worn out. Unless we get Preston or DeSousa or both by Monday, WVU will dominate us in almost every phase of the game.

Reactions: KisteK
We both know that’s not happening. Oliver Luck will get around to clearing them, after we play his team.

Totally agree. Any optimism I had just a few days ago about getting Preston and/or DeSousa is damn near gone. Personally I don't think either plays for KU this season. For Preston, he's either eligible or he's not. KU was encouraged as are other schools in conducting an independent investigation before sending everything to the NCAA. It did take KU a while to put everything together but the NCAA has also had the info long enough to make a ruling. In short, make the ruling so Preston, his family and KU can move forward to do what they need to do. The DeSousa decision should've been done by now as well but once again, mum is the word with the NCAA.

As far as the Oliver Luck conspiracy theory is concerned, I'm finding it difficult to believe that dude can make something as big as holding 2 major recruits out so another school can keep KU from winning their 14th straight Big 12 regular season title. Then again I have read up on Luck and he does sound like a major asshat. I'm hoping for the best and also prepping myself for the possibility of neither playing for KU this season.

Back to this upcoming Monday, I just don't like KU's chances. Hope I'm wrong about that I'll be extremely happy if I'm wrong about this Monday.

Reactions: npreston
De Sousa cleared, will suit up today vs Kstate. We’ll have him just in time for WVU on Monday. Looks like Oliver threw us a bone (thanks bud). I welcome every single minute he plays (granted, they’ll be limited, and one mistake will land him on the bench).

Bring it @doogie503!!!

One down, one to go! RCJH!

De Sousa cleared, will suit up today vs Kstate. We’ll have him just in time for WVU on Monday. Looks like Oliver threw us a bone (thanks bud). I welcome every single minute he plays (granted, they’ll be limited, and one mistake will land him on the bench).

Bring it @doogie503!!!

about-to-go-down.gif

Reactions: KisteK and npreston

Bring it @doogie503!!!

Not to keep bringing up UK, but it appears Vanderbilt will be playing prior to the match up with them as well. WVU, KU and UK all getting good players adds to the storyline and should make the games better.

Wvu getting Ahmad is nowhere near equal as Kansas getting deSousa. Silvio is 5 fouls and gives dok a breather. Ahmad is a legit top of the line contributor.

Reactions: KisteK
Not to keep bringing up UK, but it appears Vanderbilt will be playing prior to the match up with them as well. WVU, KU and UK all getting good players adds to the storyline and should make the games better.
My dad told me once, everything before the word “but” is bullshit.

That said, I totally agree. Winking

Tech is quickly becoming my most hated B12 team. All world performance in Allen, followed by pathetic performances vs the other contenders. They don't look top 50 today.

Tech is quickly becoming my most hated B12 team. All world performance in Allen, followed by pathetic performances vs the other contenders. They don't look top 50 today.

Does anyone look great on offense against WVU's crazy press/defense?

WVU was solid before getting Ahmad back. Getting Ahmad back now is a huge lift for WVU. Playing his first game back at TTU is one hell of an environment to a welcome back party. Ahmad has been terrific all day so far and just drilled a monster 3 to tie the game back up.....wow!!

Reactions: Big ol arms
haha We've been a pretty damn good program since 2004 or 2005, but we're not used to being ranked this high and being in the 1 seed conversation. Huggs really seems to have it rolling now. Should be really good for the next 3 or 4 years until he hangs it up.

After Huggs retires who knows what will happen to this program. We have to have our fun now. SmokinSmile

I think this team has a legit shot at the title this season..
Win the conference, win the Big XII tourney, but above any of that, do work in the NCAAT
I really think Huggs has the horses..

This game, tho.

What a great day of games for the Big XII.

I think this team has a legit shot at the title this season..
Win the conference, win the Big XII tourney, but above any of that, do work in the NCAAT
I really think Huggs has the horses..

This game, tho.

What a great day of games for the Big XII.

WVU's offense is why right now I won't trust them in the tournament. See in a month if the offense is much better with Ahmad fully integrated.

ADVERTISEMENT