ADVERTISEMENT

Emoni Bates

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
Any news sparty fans? Reclassifying? Thought him and Watts were really tight?

Anything new on the Bates front. Excited to see the kid play, been hearing about him for years but have yet to see him play.

I think it would be a win win for everybody if he reclassified but idk how realistic that is or isn’t.

Just haven’t heard anything about him in a while.

It seems pretty unlikely he’ll come to MSU but I wouldn’t rule it out. It sounds like he doesn’t want to play in the G League, and if he reclassifies he actually couldn’t play in the G League barring a rule change because of his age. I could see him sitting out a year to train for the draft or try to do his own thing. He just doesn’t seem like the kind of kid that would love to play in college and have to play within a team system, which I think would be beneficial for him, but it’s all about if he’s willing.

Our insiders have said his family is very quiet with our staff, and our staff isn’t preparing for him to be on the roster next year, although they will be prepared if he decides to. This situation could stretch out until summer like Marvin Bagley until we finally find out what is going to happen.

His best friend on the team is Gabe Brown. I don’t think Rocket impacted much if at all.

Damn that sucks.

My mistake I thought he was tight with brown, henry, watts and a few other guys.

Granted, if I was him, I wouldn’t play the ncaa for free to line emmerts pockets either. Wouldn’t risk the injury.

Reactions: GE Nole
He just go play overseas next year. It would be fun to see him in college, but can't blame a guy for wanting to get paid.

It seems pretty unlikely he’ll come to MSU but I wouldn’t rule it out. It sounds like he doesn’t want to play in the G League, and if he reclassifies he actually couldn’t play in the G League barring a rule change because of his age. I could see him sitting out a year to train for the draft or try to do his own thing. He just doesn’t seem like the kind of kid that would love to play in college and have to play within a team system, which I think would be beneficial for him, but it’s all about if he’s willing.

Our insiders have said his family is very quiet with our staff, and our staff isn’t preparing for him to be on the roster next year, although they will be prepared if he decides to. This situation could stretch out until summer like Marvin Bagley until we finally find out what is going to happen.

His best friend on the team is Gabe Brown. I don’t think Rocket impacted much if at all.

Regarding the bolded part, I hope not. By the way, has Bates’ parents recently bought a $1M house?

Regarding the bolded part, I hope not. By the way, has Bates’ parents recently bought a $1M house?
They aren’t poor people are probably anticipating him about to be wracking in millions. He’s the number 1 pick in whatever draft he goes to barring some big change and will most definitely get insane sponsorships.

They aren’t poor people are probably anticipating him about to be wracking in millions. He’s the number 1 pick in whatever draft he goes to barring some big change and will most definitely get insane sponsorships.
Understood. My post was not meant to poke at the Bates or their likely decision. Just saying that the less that Bates’ situation is like Bagley’s was out of HS the better.

Reactions: RR30 and MGC_07
As already discussed, pretty sure MSU is prepared not to have him, but there's always room on the roster for someone like him who might decide late to come. It would be figured out I'd imagine. He's played complete isolation street ball in the system his dad coaches in the prep circuit, and I think they only played 10 games this year due to covid.

MSU would never turn him away obviously, but he's not used to team basketball or playing defense, so there would definitely be a feeling out period if he came. Would love to see that develop, but who knows at this point.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT