Emily Ratajkowski poses naked in protest of US abortion laws

Discussion in 'College Football Soundoff' started by maxpower024, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsAllWhine

LetsAllWhine Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

My careless notion meant I was not going to have sex unprotected and with taking the time to consider how not to get a young lady pregnant, as I was not one for abortion, nor taking on the responsibility of raising a child out of wedlock. I was a young man full of hormones, but I was able to at least reason out my actions with the help of more then one head.

2. BTSBuckeye

BTSBuckeye Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't even get through 2 minutes.

My daughter was born 2lbs 14ounces .... basically the size he is describing. I can't EVER ... in a millionaire years EVER imagine a doctor doing that to my daughter.

I'm sorry, but that's a flat out baby. It's murder. We can debate on whether we should allow that type of murder .... but it's murder. Don't pretend like we're debating on whether a doctor can suck a wad of gum out with a straw. We are debating on state sponsored murder ... period.

3. leatherhemet

leatherhemet Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I just find it very telling, to say the least that the most permissive societies in the world, the countries of western Europe have significantly more restrictions on abortion than the U.S..most are illegal after 12 weeks with exceptions for "life of the mother" issues, etc.. And there are all kinds of other requirements such as counseling beforehand and others.

4. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

I mean ... if it looks like a baby, it's a baby. It really isn't controversial in most other countries.

Only in America do we pick and choose what science to believe .... we are a baffling bunch to most foreigners in that sense.

5. MelbBamaFan

MelbBamaFan MelbBamaFan@hotmail.com
    Expand Collapse

Okay, with all that support, why didn't a democratically controlled Congress make it happen? The democrats controlled Congress for a generation - about 40 years. Why didn't they reflect the will of the people and pass federal legislation to permit abortion on demand? I'll tell you why, because southern protestants didn't want that, northern Catholics didn't want that, non-denominational Midwesterners didn't want that - only the coastal elites favored it, because they favored a great many things the middle of the country didn't.

Reconsider your sources (if you really are searching for truth - if not, keep drinking the kool aid) because what you think is true isn't. The math doesn't even make sense - the democrats had a stranglehold on Congress for 40 years - why didn't they act on their majority? They couldn't, because that wasn't what the country wanted.

1959, Skyhawk48, leatherhemet and 2 others like this.
  6. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

This country is trapped in some form of psychosis when making it very restrictive after 12 or 16 weeks is considered controversial. I know Bama's is 6 weeks but that is 1 out of 50 states.

1959 and MelbBamaFan like this.
  7. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

I feel like it's because the abortion debate was re-wrapped and resold as a woman's right issue. That turned focus from a science debate to a ethics debate. But in reality it clouds the issue to a point you can never settle it.

At some point both sides have to give and make way for a more centered view. You can CLEARLY respect a right of a woman to choose without killing actual babies.

Yes, some will still argue the gum ball is a baby, but if you want to save actual baby babies ... shut up and nod. This mid-late term abortion business has GOT to go ... it's borderline "evil".

1959, Skyhawk48, leatherhemet and 3 others like this.
  8. Deathroll

Deathroll Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Tangent alert!

I find it interesting to say the least that American Lefties think Western Europe the apex of civilization, desire to ape it in all things and think it some kind of never never land. Having lived in multiple countries there for years I know that’s not close to being true. That said:

- I wish we could build nuclear power plants like France or Sweden.....or reprocess our nuclear waste like they both do

- as you’ve pointed out, their abortion laws are far more restrictive than ours and that goes for all of them

- Denmark will pay for your college.....BUT.....you WILL study from a set list of majors like math, engineering, science, business etc OR you get no funding. You will not major in women’s studies, philosophy, African studies, Sociology, 17th century French Literature, and lots of other crap that does not lead to an economically productive career - at least not unless you pay for the classes out of your own pocket.

- their drinking laws in practically every country are far more slack and have a lower drinking age than we do.

I could go on but there are several examples like this where those progressive Western Europeans have laws and policies that would absolutely outrage American Progressives if they were even proposed on this side of the pond.

1959, Skyhawk48, MelbBamaFan and 3 others like this.
  9. Duckdude73

Duckdude73 Moderator
    Expand Collapse

I have 3 adopted sisters, two born before Roe, I’ve often wondered what their mothers might have done if they were conceived after.

1959, Skyhawk48, leatherhemet and 3 others like this.
  10. ALMDawgfan

ALMDawgfan Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Why is it always "Free"? WTH? I'd wager 9 in 10 "unwanted" pregnancys stem from being just too slack to take any precautions "Just because"... Free wouldn't make much of a difference... If buying beer and cigarettes, having hair and nails done, is more important than BC free won't matter. Next it will have to be delivered and administered... Sheeze...

11. Duckdude73

Duckdude73 Moderator
    Expand Collapse

BTW @legalizequack, while it’s fair to say most Americans would not ban all abortion, 53% would either ban all or only allow in a few circumstances vs 43% who would allow under any or most circumstances. It would be smart if we tried to find the middle ground as a country here...

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

MelbBamaFan likes this.
  12. Deathroll

Deathroll Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The Founding Fathers provided us a wonderful way for different political communities within the country to make laws which meet their community standard.

Perhaps we ought to get back to that....

(The alternative is a continuation of very nasty political fights to see who gets to impose their worldview on others and/or perhaps either secession or civil war).

13. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

I'm fine with European laws for abortion ... I think it's the most compassionate "choice" there is.

I also think we need to do a better job about educating kids ... and I mean REAL education. Let them talk to people who have experienced both positive and negative consequences with having sexual relationships at an early age. Make it "ok" to wait to have sex and if so, do it safely. I'm fine with tax money going towards free contraception for low income families. Heck, I'm fine with high schools providing condoms if need be.

Less unwanted pregnancy is the ultimate goal here. Having loving, stable homes has HUGE benefits for society. Having an abortion law that "makes sense" is only one part of the solution. Education and the ability to prevent pregnancy are the other.

Skyhawk48 and MelbBamaFan like this.
  14. legalizequack

legalizequack Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

The issue is that it will be very hard to come to a consensus. It is not about when something is alive or isn’t. It’s the point where a zygote gots human rights. If you ask from person to person, it will be different.

15. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

I will bet that doctor in the video has a difficult time dealing with what he did as an abortion doctor.

1959 likes this.
  16. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

A 2lbs baby isn't a zygote though .... and it is literally crushed and sliced alive while in the mother's womb in order to be aborted. Not cool with that ....

1959, Skyhawk48 and leatherhemet like this.
  17. CardX

CardX Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Emily gets naked a lot. And, I'm not complaining. I support the message she's trying to send, as well, but if she's attempting to be provocative, that's a fail. We've all seen her naked before many times. Now, if someone really hot did this, who we haven't seen naked before, that would have been more impactful.

18. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

Most abortions aren’t even at that point.

92% of Abortions occur at 13 weeks when the fetus is at .81 oz.

19. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

Good. So a law that places abortions at 12-14 weeks shouldn't be an issue with you? Me neither ...

20. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

8% of one million is fairly significant...1 tenth of 1% of one million is.

1959 likes this.
  21. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

I think personally the cutoff would be 16 weeks, and it could happen if and only if, the mother’s life is in danger.

22. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

Trying to create laws that limit the 8% but then affect the other 92% is a miscalculation IMO. It is going to rally support for Dems.

23. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

16 weeks? Ooof ... that's pretty late. At that point, it's a baby to me.
    And I'm fine with a life threatening late term abortion. I can only imagine the kind of choice a family would have to make in that case. Thank goodness they are ultra rare.

24. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

At 2 oz though? At that point the fetus can’t survive out of the womb.

And I get that for some that is late. The problem is that there is no consensus on when the right time is.

25. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

If we save 100 babies in a trade for 8 years of Democrat rule, I will take it. The Dems will over play their hand like always and we will take it again anyway.

Kinda like let's keep all murderers alive (there are hundreds of innocents that are murdered bc of this btw) bc we MAY execute one innocent.

26. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

https://www.babycenter.com/16-weeks-pregnant

That's a baby dawg .... 14 weeks is really pushing it IMHO.

Like I said, the Europeans have this one right IMHO.

27. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

It looks like a baby but can’t survive out of the womb. Once again though, this isn’t black or white.

28. Duckdude73

Duckdude73 Moderator
    Expand Collapse

When a pro choice woman is pregnant and desires to have her BABY it’s funny that she does not use terms like Zygote or Fetus. She’ll talk to her unborn child and marvel at how it feels when little Madison kicks her.

1959, Skyhawk48 and leatherhemet like this.
  29. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

Yep, "How is your fetus doing?" said no one ever.

1959, Skyhawk48 and Duckdude73 like this.
  30. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

Doesn't matter what you call it. It is still a zygote.

31. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

No, but as some point both sides have to set a number. If you truly want to fix the issue. But it's used as a political tool too often at the federal level, which is why states are stepping in to fill the gap.

And maybe it SHOULD be left at the state level.

32. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

It's a more medical term. People do that all the time and not call it by the medical name. If you get hit in the balls, does someone go? How are your testes? No, they ask how are your balls feeling.

33. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

Besides, 99.999% of the time you are stopping a human life from being lived out regardless. I will never understand it.

34. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

At the federal level? What is happening in Alabama IS using at a political tool. It is the very definition.

35. leatherhemet

Expand Collapse

You (generic) are stopping a human life from being lived out.

36. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

No, because it's actual legislation that the people of Alabama can either fight for or against. If the people of Alabama don't like the law, it will change.

Using it as a political tool is when you use the subject to stir the voter base while having no real world plan to change ANYTHING regarding the subject. Happens all the time with a lot of things at the federal level.

37. Duckdude73

Duckdude73 Moderator
    Expand Collapse

It’s beyond phraseology, she KNOWS that her baby is inside her, talks to her, plays Mozart, eats certain things for her etc. She would be happy to prosecute anyone who causes her unborn child harm.

1959 likes this.
  38. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

The people who have designed it have even said it is too strict. They just did it so that they can get it to the Supreme Court.

39. BTSBuckeye

Expand Collapse

And I don't agree with the Alabama situation because of that. Doesn't change the fact that this issue needs to come to a conclusion soon. The entire other civilized nations of the West have figured this one out .... time for us to solve it.

40. legalizequack

Expand Collapse

Because she wants the child? Do you treat things that you want differently than not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.