ADVERTISEMENT

***Elite 8 Games Thread***

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
Just like we all predicted, 3 Pac-12 teams in the Elite 8. Can Oregon State make it to the Final Four?

Arkansas has overcome 3 double digit deficits in this tourney. Probably not wise to try that vs. Baylor.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiieeeee!
Razorbacks!

I think that both Baylor and Houston cover tonight, but I hope I’m wrong and we have a couple of good games

Just like we all predicted, 3 Pac-12 teams in the Elite 8. Can Oregon State make it to the Final Four?

Arkansas has overcome 3 double digit deficits in this tourney. Probably not wise to try that vs. Baylor.
Watching the last five minutes of Arkansas, did you notice they ran out of gas. Arkansas is symptomatic of SEC, lack of depth and conditioning, it is a Covid year.

I can't give over Oregon State's historic run. UCLA-Oregon-Colorado-Tennessee-Oklahoma State-Loyola Chicago. Incredible. And they do this the year after losing one of the all-time greats in program history.

I assume Wayne Tinkle is getting a 30-year contract extension after this performance?

Baylor will give up leads...

They had two double digit leads that Texas erased when they played.

Arkansas has to do what Villanova did. Force them into bad shots.

What Villanova didn't do...
Take advantage of them when Mayer is on the floor
Mayer isn't Vital on the defensive end....

When Mayer is on the floor Baylor usually goes on a run.
Arkansas has to prevent this.

That combination with Mayer and those guards is maybe the most efficient Offense in college basketball this year.

No disrespect to Gonzaga

Love watching both these squads too bad one has to lose. So cliche, but applicable here.

Gonna have to Tivo it I'm too old to stay up to watch it hope this thread is an entertaining read tomorrow

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sheriff do you pull for Houston with TX out of it or not care either way? Or pull against?

About people...

I know people around that program and have seen a few of their players come through the basketball in and around Houston.

But it is like that with a lot of these programs.

LJ Cryer isn't getting much time with Baylor but I know all about him.
I am familiar with Vital as well.

Oregon State is the team of destiny this year like VCU 2011, they are going to make history and become the first ever #12 seed in final four.

Silva bullied Oklahoma State...

Boone is too young and thin. He needs another year.

Difference is Houston doubles the post. They have been doing this for the longest time.
They are ruthless about it. Create confusion.

Truthfully I would like to see Oregon State play without Silva.

We will see.

The other issue is Jarreau's health. He definitely going to be all over Ethan Thompson.

The Beavs are tightening up a bit on defense. They arent giving it up so easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT