ADVERTISEMENT

***Elite 8 Games Thread***

BYU actually supports my argument even more .
BYU didn't present much of a challenge to UCLA at all

Gonzaga is beatable. But given their pace and efficiency, and defensive pressure, it sure won't come easy.

Also, I wouldn't be too crazy about using transitive property.

Gonzaga is beatable. But given their pace and efficiency, and defensive pressure, it sure won't come easy.

Also, I wouldn't be too crazy about using transitive property.

Timme and Kispert are the keys...
Especially Timme.
WVU took him out of his game. Reason for their success.

The other things you are speaking about is why Gonzaga was able to take control late in the game.

But Tyger Campbell doesn't turn the ball over that much. Has been very important in their run.

That defensive pressure and creating turnovers.
We can go back to Michigan St vs Duke in 2019. Duke was clearly the better team but their defense wasn't great in the half court and used that pressure to make up for it
Michigan St...with Winston didn't turn the ball over.

Learn something.

Only team that gave Gonzaga a game was West VA

Cronin....is very similar in a lot of ways to Huggins. Actually worked for him.

Cronin is looking all over that game.

Not to mention UCLA has more offensive weapons
Cronin did everything he could to hand the game away.

Cute telling me to learn something. You’re as ignorant as they make them, old man.

Cronin did everything he could to hand the game away.

Cute telling me to learn something. You’re as ignorant as they make them, old man.

He did?

I can explain why UCLA is a tougher matchup for Gonzaga than Michigan.

But it doesn't matter....

This isn't an attack on Michigan. Basketball is all about matchups.

UCLA
Low turnovers
Physicality
Numerous scoring options

Bernard is probably the key in this matchup for UCLA.
He left probably 9 points out there and didn't play well against Michigan for the most part.

Bernard, Juzang and Jaquez all can score 20+ points...

Michigan doesn't have that. Michigan's offense is one dimensional.
Dickinson could give Gonzaga issues

But an offense who can attack with numerous people is a lot more dangerous.

He did?

I can explain why UCLA is a tougher matchup for Gonzaga than Michigan.

But it doesn't matter....

This isn't an attack on Michigan. Basketball is all about matchups.

UCLA
Low turnovers
Physicality
Numerous scoring options

Bernard is probably the key in this matchup for UCLA.
He left probably 9 points out there and didn't play well against Michigan for the most part.

Bernard, Juzang and Jaquez all can score 20+ points...

Michigan doesn't have that. Michigan's offense is one dimensional.
Dickinson could give Gonzaga issues

But an offense who can attack with numerous people is a lot more dangerous.
Learn something.

Michigan doesn’t have multiple guys that can score 20? 7 guys on their roster have scored 20 points in a game. Go ahead and move the goalposts.

UCLA has zero shot in this game. We don’t need to discuss it. Michigan wouldn’t have won either, but they’re a better team despite shitting the bed. A healthy Michigan might keep it within 5. UCLA will lose by 15.

Learn something.

Michigan doesn’t have multiple guys that can score 20? 7 guys on their roster have scored 20 points in a game. Go ahead and move the goalposts.

UCLA has zero shot in this game. We don’t need to discuss it. Michigan wouldn’t have won either, but they’re a better team despite shitting the bed. A healthy Michigan might keep it within 5. UCLA will lose by 15.

You are vastly overrating Michigan.

There is a reason why they took a L.

Only reason they did get back in that game was when Juzang went down for a few minutes
UCLA had went up 9...
Michigan does deserve credit because they did an excellent job in that game...

But to think that somehow UCLA lucked into a win would be a lie.

Timme and Kispert are the keys...
Especially Timme.
WVU took him out of his game. Reason for their success.

The other things you are speaking about is why Gonzaga was able to take control late in the game.

But Tyger Campbell doesn't turn the ball over that much. Has been very important in their run.

That defensive pressure and creating turnovers.
We can go back to Michigan St vs Duke in 2019. Duke was clearly the better team but their defense wasn't great in the half court and used that pressure to make up for it
Michigan St...with Winston didn't turn the ball over.

I can agree with your assessment of the MSU-Duke Elite Eight game in 2019. We had zero fastbreak points in that game. Zero. Turnovers killed us in both directions.

However, Gonzaga's transition game isn't entirely predicated on live ball turnovers. Just look at what they do after defensive rebounds. Suggs, Nembhard, and Ayayi are consistently looking up court for outlet passes. They're using the speed dribble to create scoring opportunities with 3-on-2 or 2-on-1 breaks. They don't need a steal to get a basket in transition. They'll get a fair share of transition baskets, regardless. That's just how they play. Even if UCLA minimizes it to a certain extent, their halfcourt sets are still among the best in the country. They can exploit defenses from just about any spot on the court. I think Timme will be the biggest mismatch. Can't really guard him one-on-one. When you double, he'll find an open shooter or cutter. Also, not sure anyone can really stay in front of Suggs when he's attacking. I like the fact that UCLA is a bit more rugged than USC - and they're a little cocky, too. That should help. But, they certainly face an uphill battle against a very elite team. If the Zags play their B game or better, they should win by double-digits, IMO.

You are vastly overrating Michigan.

There is a reason why they took a L.

Only reason they did get back in that game was when Juzang went down for a few minutes
UCLA had went up 9...
Michigan does deserve credit because they did an excellent job in that game...

But to think that somehow UCLA lucked into a win would be a lie.
learn something.

If you had any semblance of an idea about basketball beyond reading the scoreboard, it would be worth my time to explain to you the many ways a team that barely qualified to be seeded, and who is now catching some breaks in a single elimination tournament, is not better than a 1-seed, despite the results of a single game, but alas.

learn something.

If you had any semblance of an idea about basketball beyond reading the scoreboard, it would be worth my time to explain to you the many ways a team that barely qualified to be seeded, and who is now catching some breaks in a single elimination tournament, is not better than a 1-seed, despite the results of a single game, but alas.

UCLA is a better team than Michigan right now...Has nothing to do with the scoreboard

Seeding doesn't matter....Even without the game I told people UCLA had a great chance to win that game.

Learn to give credit. I don't think I have seen a team improve the way they have throughout the tournament in awhile.

@jhmossy Where's today's thread?

itch-crack-head.gif

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT