Election Poll

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by schoonerwest, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who did you vote for?

1. Clinton

2. Trump

3. Johnson

4. Other

5. None

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. toonces11

toonces11 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

So you bumped into a collection of 8-9 white guys (one was kinda tan), who just so happened to be all hanging out, talking politics----and in pops Q!!!!! We all know Q to be moderate, rational, and well liked.......so why wouldn't they let you jump on in. Here is where I get confused......At what point did all 8-9 white guys clarify with you that they individually voted for trump based on the exact same reason. Were you taking notes? Was there a hand raising vote? I don't know of many males that would ever.........and i mean ever......use the term "identify". Thats a safe space word.

2. Bert Higginbotha

Bert Higginbotha Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Q., you totally misrepresent what actually happened. The Republican Party voted a far higher percentage for the Civil Rights Act than the Democrats. On the other hand a dixiecrat was the President of the U.S. who pushed it through. He was from that evil state of Texas that voted for Trump.

Every thing in your little life revolves around race. You need to let it go. All those bastards that voted yea for the Civil Rights Act were evil white people except for a few black men like Adam Clayton Powell, Jr..

Peace to you brother, but remember that most of us white folks do not have horns and we sure as hell are not interested in keeping minorities down. You listen to Al Sharpton too much.

3. Mark Gastineau

Mark Gastineau Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Great idea.

I found it pretty interesting yesterday that Trump walked back the waterboarding/torture talk and the campaign promise to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement. I think these were very positive admissions from him, and I hope he sticks to them. I do, however, wonder how his voting base feels now that two more campaign promises have been shelved. The list appears to keep growing.

I did find it disconcerting how flippant he continues to be about the conflict of interest questions he keeps getting asked.

4. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I mean its seems pretty obvious he used peoples anger about the way our gov't has been conducting business. Most Trump voters knew he wasn't going to build an enormous free flowing wall and have mexico pay for it-----but they did know he would tighten up security and actually try to enforce our immigration laws. Most Trump voters knew he was hammering Hilary about sending her to jail b/c people were upset she lied so many times----they knew it was a tactic used to highlight her shadiness and i would guess most don't care if she goes to jail or not---they just don't want her leading the country. He said a lot of things about Syria and muslim refugees.....I think most Trump voters don't want to limit a religion, all they want and see Trump eventually doing is increasing the scrutiny they have to go thru to be secure----and halting acceptance until we have a better system in place.

treyforuk likes this.
  5. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You certainly could be right (and likely are about a large number of his voters), though you could also be giving a lot of his voters a lot more credit than they deserve.

6. anon_0astpxev9h4gk

anon_0astpxev9h4gk Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't matter, it still happened. I see now where you're going with this, and I'm just going to leave it be, because it's pointless trying to have a discussion with you. You will just try to patronize and plug your ears, because you're a bitter old man.

Mark Gastineau likes this.
  7. JustinSphere

JustinSphere Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

8. Clive Gollings

Clive Gollings Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

People can learn a lot about other people in this thread.

9. ndesgeorges

ndesgeorges Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree. I think I had to come to this realization early or I would have freaked out after election night.

The one promise that I thought was somewhat realistic was "draining the swamp" and as weve already mentioned, its not happening. Hes just surrounding himself with life long bureaucrats.

10. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Wait what

11. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

You guys are dicks and glossed over my rambling electoral college post.

toonces11 and Mark Gastineau like this.
  12. Quavarius

Quavarius Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

EYE didn't care how they voted. It's their right. I'm just saying it was interesting they said that cause some people here had an issue with black folks voting for Obama for the same reasons. You cool with the way they voted or na?

13. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Right?

ndesgeorges likes this.
  14. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

Sooooooo most Trump voters voted for lies and were cool with that?

15. treyforuk

treyforuk Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

As compared to bitter young men(liberals)?

16. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

I misrepresented what happened? Sir, after President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act he said the Dems would lose the South for generations and he was right. Look at a map, the South votes Republican now. Al Sharpton? I forgot he was the default when losing an argument. Come on and you're supposed to be a historian.

17. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Can I get some thoughts on Gen Flynn? I dont need his credientals, I just want to know thoughts on him. He seems to have gotten a little goofy.

18. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Also, electoral college supporters, I have read 3 (some places say 6) electors are planning on going against their state's results. While this is the exact power the system gives them, I hate that idea. Thoughts?

19. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Why did your post about people not voting for hilary bc she is female turn into another race discussion? (am I really supposed to believe each of those 8 guys said Im voting for Trump bc he is a white male)

I personally think people are idiots and too dumb to vote if they base it on someones skin color. Obviously there are people that conduct themselves this way and its hilariously sad.

20. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What are the negatives about Flynn? Ive seen the positives.

21. treyforuk

Expand Collapse

I'm a 56 yo, white male, who has voted democratic since I was 18. I feared 4-8 more years of what we have seen. Plus, since becoming a grandparent of four, I am strongly against abortion. And I am a gun owner. I saw nothing good coming from Hillary that protected babies or rights. So, yes, I'm a racist, sexist, xenophobic (what the hell is that?)( sarc). I will honestly say I am against illegal, dangerous, smuggling, terrorists aliens...of any religion, culture, country.

22. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Well hes been going off on Islam for a while and thinks Sharia law is getting worked in to legislation. Kind of Brietbart line of thinking.

I have some facebook friends who are former military and they talk about him being wildly aggressive. I will leave it at that tho for that point because I havent paid enough attention in that aspect.

23. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Thats a bold stance

24. treyforuk

Expand Collapse

Bold? I would hope all were against this? Did I mistype?

25. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Just joking man, was sarcasm

treyforuk likes this.
  26. treyforuk

Expand Collapse

So Sharia law should be the new norm for us?

27. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Seems like a rational reason to choose your vote. Voting for someone does not assign every negative quality they have onto yourself.

treyforuk likes this.
  28. toonces11

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think most people that have misgivings about Islam are well intentioned. They see how much violence is involved, they see how women and children are treated.....and they draw the line there.

treyforuk likes this.
  29. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Lol not at all. But this is this time's red scare. Nearly 2 million Muslims in the world, there are gonna be some bad ones. The vast majority are peaceful, but theres a growing movement that wants to group them all together. Its irrational to believe Sharia law will ever gain any footing here.

30. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

I think I agree with that for the most part, but I also think some do it to create a boogeyman.

I also think that Islam, specifically in the Middle East, has trouble existing with modern religions. Tho thats bound to happen, to an extent, in homogenous populations, doesnt excuse some of it tho.

31. anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Expand Collapse

That's the best ya got, Trey? You and AllINYOURFACE just love to follow me around, and obsess over each and every thing I post. It's sad really, I can literally see every post you like on someone else's stance whom i'm in a conversation or debate with, and you guys always end up liking the other guys views just to spite me. It's so strange that a grown man like yourself just can't get someone like me off of your mind. Actually it's rather creepy now that I think about it. #Rentfree

32. anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Expand Collapse

LOL RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh This is all too perfect!

33. treyforuk

Expand Collapse

You are the reason I breath. Thank you for giving me purpose...now, get over yourself and say something I agree with. Or you can expect the same results from me, and anyone else that disagrees with your nonsense.

34. treyforuk

Expand Collapse

Perfect for what? Instead of giggling, say something with substance.

35. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

I have to ask, why wouldnt the birth of your own children lead you to that position?

36. anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Expand Collapse

Could care less what you agree with old man, quit being weird and hop off my Johnson. I'm sorry I don't agree with your backwoods views or lifestyle. I've seen Deliverance before Trey, I won't be playing any dueling banjos with you. Sorry man.

treyforuk likes this.
  37. billyinky17LoL

Expand Collapse

I voted for Trump. Voted for Obama in 2008. I'm also white. Paint me in a box, please.

Hillary was nothing more than a corrupt political hack.

What I respect most about Trump is he took on everyone, Liberals/Media/Republicans and god knows who else and he still prevailed. What is that old saying, Don't count your chickens until they are hatched. The American people decide elections, not the hopes and wishes of a biased misinformed media and it's sheep followers.

treyforuk likes this.
  38. treyforuk

Expand Collapse

Good question. I have always been pro life. And with me, the love is just different with grand babies. They make this shitty old man melt, and smile. They make the sun shine and the world rotate. And life without them( four babies in five years. Most recent is 3 weeks old) is unimaginable. Corny, huh?

39. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

No not really corny at all. I am surprised to hear that you ever voted Democrat.

I think abortion is probably murder, at the very least its f'd up. We should do everything we can do to prevent it, but making it illegal is asinine imo.

My problem comes from the far right when they talk about how gun control doesnt work. Thats probably true (I am a gun owner myself), people will just get them illegally. Prohibition didnt work. People just got alcohol illegally. The drug war doesnt work. People just get them illegally. Well when you apply the simplest logic to abortion, it would work in the same vein. Except in this case you would get mangled women and fetuses with docs going to jail.

For that reason, whenever I see staunch pro-life politicians I basically cringe.

40. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Sorry to keep going back to this post...but as far as protecting babies, she said "I have said many times that I can support a ban on late-term abortions, including partial-birth abortions, so long as the health and life of the mother is protected." And she staunchly supported Roe v Wade which respected states restriction for late term abortions.

What she said got twisted immediately by Donald, saying that she wants to go around murdering babies a day before their due date.

As far as guns, pretty much everything she said was about reasonable gun control. I dont agree with her stance on "assault weapons", but the gun show loophole (which is real, dont give me the stuff about that being made up, private to private transactions, where the seller doesnt have an FFL, take place at gun shows when they shouldnt, I have seen it) and the FBI watch list issues were real issues that should be fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.