Election Poll

Discussion in 'College Basketball Board' started by schoonerwest, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who did you vote for?

1. Clinton

2. Trump

3. Johnson

4. Other

5. None

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IUBtown

IUBtown Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

lulz thats been the lefts go to for the past 8 years.

2. ndesgeorges

ndesgeorges Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Some good discussion happening. I am sure you have been waiting to use that gif tho

3. tw3301

tw3301 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I literally spit my drink out when i read the bolded part. I'm about 3-4 pages behind on this thread and it seems to be the same crap over and over going in circles. So...

[​IMG]

Good luck to you guys.

4. toonces11

toonces11 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He isn't, he is just pointing out that most comments you make circle the drain of whenever ending race talking point.

treyforuk likes this.
  5. Quavarius

Quavarius Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

"We want our country back!"

6. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

Wait? So y'all calling Obama a secret Muslim and saying he wasn't born in the US is my fault?

7. toonces11

toonces11 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

#1 who is y'all
    #2 what is a secret muslim
    #3 how the world is anybody still talking about this

You are trying to assign blame to really normal people in this thread that have nothing to do with any of your strange ramblings. Your like the cable access version of far right and far left media. Its ok to disagree on certain issues and have your own beliefs----but you handle race talk and political discussion in a very elementary manner. It cuts out any meaningful discussion.

treyforuk likes this.
  8. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

I guess facts would seem elementary to some in here.

9. LetsGoDuke301

LetsGoDuke301 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

That's because Q takes anyone who does not vote Democrat and paints them with a broad brush. He generalizes an entire group of people and judges them as being one in the same. What do we call this kind of thinking?

treyforuk likes this.
  10. Mark Gastineau

Mark Gastineau Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

On a related note, has anyone been following the North Carolina gubernatorial race? What a mess. A recount appears highly unlikely to swing the race McCrory's way. Not to mention his unsubstantiated voter fraud claims.

11. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

It is a mess. I did not vote for Cooper, but it is apparent that he won the election. McCrory is going full Al Gore, he needs to concede.

12. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yep, and McCrory is wasting a lot of taxpayer money demanding recounts that will lead to nothing.

2016 hasn't exactly been the best year for McCrory. He might want to find another line of work.

13. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

I think he did a great job as governor. HB2 had such a negative effect on our state, that all of the good things are obsolete. I just hope Cooper doesn't take us back to the failures of Bev Perdue.

Just curious, were you concerned with the amount of money that tax payers spent on Obama so he could campaign for hilldogg? Since it's something you brought up.

14. treyforuk

treyforuk Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it went north...or south. Anyway, you have options.

15. crazyqx83

crazyqx83 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes

treyforuk and toonces11 like this.
  16. crazyqx83

Expand Collapse

"Reputable media outlets" like the NYT and NBC turned into overt sensationalists the second it was apparent that trump was going to win. You're an abject fool if you trust and/or listen to those rags.

Somehow I suspect you won't agree.

17. crazyqx83

Expand Collapse

Crybaby

18. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

Coming from Harry Fedora RollLaugh

19. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

What else ya got?

20. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

Goodnight Richard Spencer.

21. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Can we get some substance back in here, I kinda liked this thread.

Someone sell me on the electoral college.

Mark Gastineau likes this.
  22. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

It saved us from Hilldogg being our president. Not much to sell after that. ;)

23. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Look forward bro, youre living in the past

Mark Gastineau likes this.
  24. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

I feel like people are influenced by their surroundings. It's almost like a big family where if you grew up in a Democrat household, you are more than likely going to be a Democrat and vote according. And vice versa. Obviously the bigger the family, the more likely you are going to have one or two members go against the grain (usually the ones who are capable of thinking for themselves), but in that house, majority rules. I don't feel like the rest of the neighborhood should have to concede because a couple of houses have bigger families that blindly support the party their daddies tell them to. Just because your family has more members, doesn’t mean your family always makes better decisions.

Maybe that didn't make any sense, but that's why I am sold on the electoral college.

25. JimboBBN

JimboBBN Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

If we didn't have it then four states would pretty much determine the outcome of the election each year (Cali, NY, Texas, and Florida) these four make up a third of our population. The whole reason we have the college is so smaller states have a little more say in the matter.

26. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

Lets tweak your example a tad and say that in the past, those families didnt have access to much information, nor did they have time to consume it. So they had a neighbor from each block designated as someone who would be more informed and have an extra level of power. There is a special person for every 20 people on the block. These special people meet once a week and go over bulletins and discuss issues that the rest of the neighborhood is not privy to. Now lets also say that the family down the street runs an orphanage. They have 10+ people living there, but only two registered voters. The neighborhood meets and decides that they should get some power but not full. So the orphans get 3/5ths the power voting wise as the rest of the neighborhood. So, now lets say an election happens and the neighborhood unanimously votes for someone that has ties to a rival neighborhood, wears red coats and may try to undermine the neighborhood. Well not to worry! Those certain neighbors that were elected with the special powers meet and discuss the situation. They decide that despite what the neighborhood has decided, they will override it and elect the other candidate. The neighborhood is saved from disaster!

Now fast forward a ton. Each family has figured out their routines and they all now get newspapers delivered. So they have access to information and time to consume it. The orphanage was closed down, it was a whole big thing. Also, those people with the special powers never go against what the neighborhoods have voted for anymore. It would be absurd to think that they would go against it, despite it being a fundamental part of the system in the past. Also, that rival neighborhood is now pretty much best friends with ours. Additionally, the houses have turned to rentals so people move in and out more often. Its harder to keep the amount of special people per block updated for each election because people are moving in and out more often. So now the neighborhood still uses an aspect of the system, but not the main purpose of it. Blocks still cast their votes through their special people, but now it seems like a formality at this point. Many neighbors think that the system served its purpose in the past, but now its not needed. The Johnsons on the first block dont feel like their vote counts as much as the Hamiltons on the second block. They think 1 vote should count as 1 vote and what block they live on shouldnt make your vote more or less important.

27. ndesgeorges

Expand Collapse

That was only part of it originally, now its the main justification. If we didnt have it, four states wouldnt decide elections, voters everywhere would.

28. Spacegrass

Spacegrass Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You had a lot of people question Obama yes. Again what does that have to do with the most recent election? In 6 weeks he is no longer our president. Stop acting a fool you know you implied race. When it is irrelevant to the topic at hand because the options for the new president elect... neither was Obama

Bert Higginbotha likes this.
  29. Bert Higginbotha

Bert Higginbotha Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

well the scumbag New Black Panther Party supported Clinton and Obama. My dad supported Harry Truman and the clan also supported Truman, so according to the twisted logic of you, Q and Mark my dad was a damned racist.

I voted for Trump which means that I am a member of the clan, a neo-Nazi and a vile racist. We who voted for Trump are anti semite when Obama is the only American President who has been anti semite. It is incredible that I would support Trump when I am part jewish. Some of you folks are funny as hell on dreaming up Al Sharpton type shit to throw on the wall. This shit that Trump supporters are fascist is just pure stupidity. Do any of you know what the hell fascist even means?

The KKK is basically nil as far as numbers go. I am 70 years old and I have never know a member of the clan, yet they got Trump elected. Plus do you not know that the KKK was an all democrat organization? Read a little history.

treyforuk likes this.
  30. Bert Higginbotha

Bert Higginbotha Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

When we the last lynching of a black man?

treyforuk likes this.
  31. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

Just talked to about 8-9 white guys at work who stated they voted for Trump because he was a white male and they couldn't identify with a woman as President. Now I don't have an issue with the way people vote but I know that's frowned upon in certain areas, especially around here.

32. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

I don't know your dad and yes the Dixiecrats *used* to be in the Democratic Party until Southern voters started voting Republican after the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964.

Now why would the Dixiecrats feel comfortable in the Republican Party? Hmmmm

33. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

34. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

I love the smell of guilt early in the morning

35. LetsGoDuke301

Expand Collapse

No white guilt here buddy. And I haven't spoken to a single person who has said they voted for Trump because he was a white male. But we are to belive that you, a black man, had a conversation with 8-9 white men who openly told you they did? Or did they say it was because he was a man and you added the white part? Either way, I don't believe this conversation took place. It's just you being a race baiter trying to fabricate stories to justify your anger.

36. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Jesus Christ, are you freaking serious? When have I tossed around the race card in this thread? You're acting like a total clown mischaracterizing some people in this thread.

If you're incapable of having a reasonable discussion about politics, you should really stick to basketball. Your nonsensical rants in this thread add nothing and just make you look unhinged. No wonder @Longstrangetrip thinks you're a lunatic.

anon_0astpxev9h4gk and Quavarius like this.
  37. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't agree, which is perfectly fine. We're both entitled to opinions on this issue. I am curious as to where you get your news. Mind sharing the news outlets that you find trustworthy and reputable?

38. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

39. Quavarius

Expand Collapse

I get it, when you deny reality you create your own Alt-Right. Ahhhhhhhh

40. Mark Gastineau

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

President Obama's level of campaigning for Secretary Clinton was certainly unprecedented. I have no problem admitting that. Obviously I was happy to see him do it, even if it didn't result in a victory for the Democratic party. I still think that's quite distinguishable from McCrory's push for a recall that even Republicans in NC admit won't change a thing. Not to mention, there was taxpayer money spent so that Republican Governors and Congressmen could actively campaign for Trump.

Quavarius likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.