ADVERTISEMENT

Early start to college basketball season

KuwaitHawk

Apr 18, 2004
Start the season last week of October with each conference playing their postponed tournaments from last season. To make it even have a winners bracket and a consolation bracket. Each team gets 3 (or 4 ) games. For the conferences that finished their tournament, let it be a ‘2020-21 preseason’ tournament.

Would love it. But will never happen. Think it’s more likely we start the season in late January.

January? Ugh. I hope not. I think it's very possible that the start of the season is delayed, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how the committee could possibly make determinations of which teams are most deserving of at-large bids if there are little to no out-of-conference games. Comparability goes out the window at that point.

Start the season last week of October with each conference playing their postponed tournaments from last season. To make it even have a winners bracket and a consolation bracket. Each team gets 3 (or 4 ) games. For the conferences that finished their tournament, let it be a ‘2020-21 preseason’ tournament.
Why would you start a new season by playing a tournament from last year?

I understand that but I don’t see the need to play something from last year.
It was cancelled, it’s over with, let’s just move on to next year.
no I was agreeing with you...it can't carry over from last year with new rosters...I mean I am all for additional basketball games but damn it I want to see Dok dunk on some fools and KU hoist a national Title...anything else will feel hollow

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Not a fan of this. Let 2020 be. Its over.

Reactions: dukedevilz
there were a lot of teams left with the "WHAT IF's" so lets just leave it at that, let the future historian play it out in there fantasy touyney's.

but I would like to see the season start at the end of October if not the middle of OCT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT