ADVERTISEMENT

Durant down...

Huge sequence there when they were down 4 and couldn't secure the rebound and Klay buried a 3.

I just got home and started the game. 5min to go 1stQ. Haven't got there yet.

...and there it is.

I don't know if his injury is really a calf or achilles but I hurt my calf playing once and a week later it was feeling better so thought I would give it a go. First time I made a quick move I wasn't really consciously thinking about it tore and I was out a long while.

Definitely took that GSW jersey off for the last time.

Hate that for him though, could have pushed this to 7 with him healthy.

I don't know if his injury is really a calf or achilles but I hurt my calf playing once and a week later it was feeling better so thought I would give it a go. First time I made a quick move I wasn't really consciously thinking about it tore and I was out a long while.
I’ve done the same with a hammy. Fine for a half and then one tweek and it’s a ton more serious. Hate to see it. He was looking good too. Iggy fighting injury. Klay not full strength. Cousins is a shell of himself. Kd out. Looney totally injured. If GS wins this series it will be pretty crazy.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's always fun (i'msick I know), but it's always fun to see the disappointment on the crowds faces. When two college rivals play, I always root for the away team for times like this.

Reactions: remc and Noahtogo24
On the replay it looks like he really did not walk.

Drake acting a fool makes one want to pull for the Warriors.
I understand the story behind Drake and Calipari (Calipari goes way back with Drake's dad), dealing with his dad in Memphis, but dude is really insufferable.

Local Memphis news just came on and their lead story is Gasol is one game away from winning a title.

Good news, no one was murdered.

I felt so bad for him. It was very very very upsetting to see the Toronto fans cheering his injury. I lost so much respect for their fanbase tonight. Even their own players tried to stop them from their madness!

I felt so bad for him. It was very very very upsetting to see the Toronto fans cheering his injury. I lost so much respect for their fanbase tonight. Even their own players tried to stop them from their madness!
Any real sports fan wants to beat the other team at their max. No asterisk.

Reactions: remc
I’ve done the same with a hammy. Fine for a half and then one tweek and it’s a ton more serious. Hate to see it. He was looking good too. Iggy fighting injury. Klay not full strength. Cousins is a shell of himself. Kd out. Looney totally injured. If GS wins this series it will be pretty crazy.
I did so with my quad muscles.Pulled it running for a fly ball. Was out a week. Felt better, so I came back. Ended up tearing it on a swing. Those injuries seem petty. They are anything but that. Especially to an elite, pro athlete. That plays at a level, speed we could only dream of.

I mean shit, even as an official, I have to keep myself it solid shape. A slightly pulled muscle is very annoying, and can hamper your ability to call a game.

I did so with my quad muscles.Pulled it running for a fly ball. Was out a week. Felt better, so I came back. Ended up tearing it on a swing. Those injuries seem petty. They are anything but that. Especially to an elite, pro athlete. That plays at a level, speed we could only dream of.

I mean shit, even as an official, I have to keep myself it solid shape. A slightly pulled muscle is very annoying, and can hamper your ability to call a game.
it stands out when a ref is not in shape. Most seem fit as a fiddle.

it stands out when a ref is not in shape. Most seem fit as a fiddle.
Not always. And really, not the case. I am very good shape. Second game of the year, I slipped while going out to cover a fly ball. Grass was wet. Pulled my hammy so slightly. It had a huge impact on me. Especially Game 2 of the DH, when I had to work the plate. I mean, I get what you are saying---Out of shape ref getting huts is more visible than that of an official who is in shape, getting hurt. And that is true. But, for thre most part, most officials(basketball/baseball) are in pretty darn good shape.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not always. And really, not the case. I am very good shape. Second game of the year, I slipped while going out to cover a fly ball. Grass was wet. Pulled my hammy so slightly. It had a huge impact on me. Especially Game 2 of the DH, when I had to work the plate. I mean, I get what you are saying---Out of shape ref getting huts is more visible than that of an official who is in shape, getting hurt. And that is true. But, for thre most part, most officials(basketball/baseball) are in pretty darn good shape.
Your wife loves posting pics of your fit ass. I enjoy them as well.Winking

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Being honest here, I laughed my ass off when it happened. I don't feel bad at all for him. That's how much I dislike Durant and what he has done to ruin the competitiveness of the NBA over the past few years. Felt like I was watching karma/the basketball gods in action.

ADVERTISEMENT