ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Rhode Island

Rhode Island has the same color as UNC, same mascot as UNC & copied the UNC fight song, hopefully the own Duke like UNC did this year.

Rams shouldn't even be in Round 2. Oklahoma choked like usual so.....may be like Nova/Bama game. Close in the first half, not in the 2nd

Rhode Island has the same color as UNC, same mascot as UNC & copied the UNC fight song, hopefully the own Duke like UNC did this year.

Actually, North Carolina copied Rhode Island's mascot.

The Rhode Island ram has been their mascot since March 8, 1923.

Rameses wasn't adopted as the North Carolina mascot until.... 1924.

Fun fact of the day.

I would love to see the RI ram and NC ram in a real life face-off. That is how they should determine seedings for the tourney. Laughing

Still a very long way to go.

You're playing a team that lost 4 of their last 9, and didn't win their mid-major conference (Davidson beat them twice in their final 4 games, and they were blown out by Saint Joseph's by 30 at home). I'm not counting on Rhody to do anything here lol.

Never seen a team get fouled as often as duke does on 3 point shots.

Got damnit Duke is really good with those bigs. I’d try a junk triangle and 2, chasing everyone but Duvall

Never seen a team get fouled as often as duke does on 3 point shots.

Not a coincidence.

Got damnit Duke is really good with those bigs. I’d try a junk triangle and 2, chasing everyone but Duvall

It's two five star bigs against a grossly undersized team, with the Rhode Island center being really, really hefty and 6 inches shorter than Bagley. Duke should go inside every single time on this team.

Do you disagree with either call today?

I'm speaking to the grand scheme of things. Don't disagree with those calls, Rhode Island just isn't a good team and they're playing an incredibly dumb, undisciplined brand of basketball. There's a reason that after today, they will have lost half of their last 10 games.

RI is just completely overmatched. What's worse is taking poor shots. Credit Duke on both.

You're playing a team that lost 4 of their last 9, and didn't win their mid-major conference (Davidson beat them twice in their final 4 games, and they were blown out by Saint Joseph's by 30 at home). I'm not counting on Rhody to do anything here lol.
I don't care, a 16 seed just beat the brakes off the overall #1 seed. Anything can happen.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Actually, North Carolina copied Rhode Island's mascot.

The Rhode Island ram has been their mascot since March 8, 1923.

Rameses wasn't adopted as the North Carolina mascot until.... 1924.

Fun fact of the day.
They didn’t introduce the ram until 1929.

A Duke vs Rhode Island thread with a Kentucky fan vs a unc fan blabbing about who was the first team to use a pussy ass ram as their mascot. Hahaha. Love it.
I mean I can definitely see your point, but what do you call a guy wearing blue spandex and horns/a tail?

I mean I can definitely see your point, but what do you call a guy wearing blue spandex and horns/a tail?
Don't see any spandex here bro. I also like what's written on his headband.

Men+s+Final+Four+Preview+bMuqQ6pu5aPl.jpg

But to answer your question. Less gay than a ram with baby blue horns.

Reactions: Global Havok
We can talk about Duke winning by 20+ with Allen having a very quiet game.
Allen played great in the quiet game too. He and Duval. Bagley and Carter take care of the noise.

As if anyone needed another reminder, UVA losing last night was certainly reinforcement that winning this time of year can’t be taken for granted. I think both Nova and Duke came out today and made sure to take care of business, like they are suppose to. Very focused.

Yeah... The LIVE ram. The actual, living ram that they had as a mascot for 31 years. The mascot itself though, live or not, was introduced in 1923.
Why are you even bringing this up? I never said they copied the ram from UNC, I said they copied the UNC fight song.

ADVERTISEMENT