ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs. Miami

Scotty00

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2008
Just been watching this game for a few mins but Miami has went full on showtime on Duke. It’s just been dunk after dunk for Miami. Duke guys do you all have players out or something?

Whitehead is out. Miami has been doing whatever they want all game and Duke has about 90 turnovers.

• Love
Reactions: TKBray
Just been watching this game for a few mins but Miami has went full on showtime on Duke. It’s just been dunk after dunk for Miami. Duke guys do you all have players out or something?
Duke has overrated HS talent.

Terrible.

This wasn’t terribly far from what I expected. Duke hasn’t performed terribly well against good competition, and doesn’t have the maturity for a two day turnaround after beating Carolina.

It’s just so hard for them to score.

Reactions: TKBray
This wasn’t terribly far from what I expected. Duke hasn’t performed terribly well against good competition, and doesn’t have the maturity for a two day turnaround after beating Carolina.

It’s just so hard for them to score.

Agree with all of this, although I didn't expect it to be quite that bad.

Fran & Dan talked a lot about Duke being such a young team, coming off an emotional win at home over your biggest rival just 48 hours ago. Turning around and traveling to play a Miami team with loads more veteran experience on their home court, now 13-0 at home. I absolutely felt like Miami had the 2 point loss they suffered to Duke at Cameron Indoor just a couple weeks ago on their mind and it showed in how strong they started the game. And that was the best Miami crowd I've seen in some time so that definitely played a role in it.

Not to mention, with such a young roster like Duke has, when they go on the road against a quality, experienced team if they come out flat and the other team gets off to a hot start and playing with more of a sense of urgency, it can be curtains early for Duke. I didn't watch very much of when Duke played at NC State but I know they were down by some crazy margin to start the game. Wasn't it like a 20-2 score early in that game?

Wasn't it like a 20-2 score early in that game?

I believe it was 20-2, yes. The games were very similar. Huge early deficits where we never really got close to recovering. It only spiraled and got worse.

Duke is a decent team. On the road, however, we're extremely underwhelming (only road wins are against GT and BC). I think on a neutral court, Miami still wins semi-comfortably.

Just hoping Duke can win a game in the tournament. Sweet 16 is the absolute ceiling. Not sure where Miami will be seeded, but their backcourt is talented enough to reach a Final Four, IMO.

I'm sure someone like Jaylen Blakes will go 7-9 from 3 against UVA on Saturday. Can't wait.

Reactions: PA_Panther
I'm sure someone like Jaylen Blakes will go 7-9 from 3 against UVA on Saturday. Can't wait.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT