ADVERTISEMENT

Duke @ UNC game thread.

Finally watching. What an absolute ass kicking. Couldn’t happen to a better fan base. Outclassed and outplayed. And of course the students had to show their class by shouting F Coach K. Enjoy Hubert.

Reactions: SWAG82
Lol, that means you are probably old like me.
44! Already had a hip replacement and tore my ACL/MCL and had to have them both surgically repaired. All happened in my 30’s🤦🏼‍♂️

2 top 50 recruits coming in next season, plus another top 150- early thoughts on UNC next season?

I mean, they are going to be awful. I guess they could pick up a ton of guys in the portal but Hubert hasn't shown the ability to really identify talent when signing guys yet so who knows.

Some will say look at Manek, which is true. He also brought in McKoy and Garcia and I didn't like either of those pickups. The staff hasn't shown they can really get new guys playing well in whatever the heck his system is anyway.

The class next year is a foundation class that will counted on to contribute right away. Considering he hasn't even tried to develop Styles or Dunn this year they may just transfer anyway so who is left from this year? Walton and Davis and McKoy and Puff I guess, if none of them transfer.

Looks like he wasn't wrong.

Finally watching. What an absolute ass kicking. Couldn’t happen to a better fan base. Outclassed and outplayed. And of course the students had to show their class by shouting F Coach K. Enjoy Hubert.

"We'll open with 'F#$k Coach K.'"

"Yeah, that's brilliant! What should we chant after that when we're losing by double digits the entire game?"

Reactions: tw3301
Looks like he wasn't wrong.

"We'll open with 'F#$k Coach K.'"

"Yeah, that's brilliant! What should we chant after that when we're losing by double digits the entire game?"
Not surprising coming from that group.

BTW, how many illegal screens did Mandy Bacot set on Saturday. She may look like a girl with her cute hair, but she really puts those man tits into her screens.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukedevilz
The outrage over students cursing is hilarious coming from Duke fans. I did not like it but your actual coach says worse to the officials and your fans have definitely chanted crap in the past. .

I wish the UNC fans would be better than Duke ones though so I’m with you. It’s embarrassing. I thought the DUI chants were fine but not that one.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
NC has the worst guards I can ever remember there.

Love and Davis are decent shooters. Just soft on defense, and sometimes turnover prone.

Worst backcourt duo, without question, has got to be Adam Boone and Brian Morrison in 2002. Deliciously underwhelming.

The outrage over students cursing is hilarious coming from Duke fans. I did not like it but your actual coach says worse to the officials and your fans have definitely chanted crap in the past. .
So you have heard K or have a recording of K saying **** you to an official?

I have yet to see or hear one of those. Please supply.

And please, watch a college basketball game and 75% of the coaches cuss.

And lastly, does the entire student body chanting **** you K that can be heard on TV something you are proud of. I cant recall any Duke games where the student body cussed out an opposing coach.

I, personally, just shrugged my shoulders over it. But there's a difference between cussing while talking to someone, cussing at someone and saying fvck someone. I disagree that cussing at someone is worse than saying fvck someone. But I guess we're splitting hairs. Either way, I haven't seen the outrage, but I haven't looked for it either. Fans take things a little too far oftentimes, it's not exclusive to one base or the other. I would rather us fans be crude and crass towards each other and not direct it at the players or coaches. Unless we're talking about Hansbrough. Fvck that big bird looking waterhead.

And lastly, does the entire student body chanting **** you K that can be heard on TV something you are proud of.
He did say that he didn't like it. So I guess he is not proud of it.

He did say that he didn't like it. So I guess he is not proud of it.
guess so. But I still dont like the whataboutism and acting like Duke does it all the time.

I have been to enough games in Cameron and have never heard the crazies cussing in unison to a Coach.

And I am sure K would try to stop it or cuss them out himself.

I do agree that K more than likely would have grabbed a mic and told them to shut up. But to each their own.

Reactions: Afamu
Tons of people I know where at the UNC game and didn't hear it either. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. We all know some Duke fans have said inappropriate things to various UNC players. It happens everywhere. Sometimes it has been shut down, sometimes it hasn't (possibly because it wasn't heard).

I admitted I didn't like it. I think they should have shut it down. I wish Hubert would have done that. That MC guy they have tried to by drowning it out apparently. I'm not sure Hubert even knew though. I mean, I'm not sure he even is aware of the players on his bench.

ADVERTISEMENT