ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Recruiting

a-little-racist-confused.gif
It is about time Duke shed the racist past and hired a AA coach.

So how would K maintain some control. I’d get it if he became AD or something. How would Scheyer be happy about never being responsible for the glory or the blame and stand on his own 2 feet?

Why would K keep his hand on the seat?

bike4.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Aren't they just relaying Ian O'Conner's words? Why attack the messengers?

I was attacking both of them. Sorry, I went after Barstool at the start and again at the end... the MIDDLE stuff was really as much about the book.

I am going after Barstool b/c they are trash. Barstool is always looking to get the most XTREME headline they can get, to get people riled up. Its the modern approach to sports "journalism." We don't get some of the really great in-depth writing we used to get... now it's just cut'paste sensationalism.

And I was attacking O'Conner, too; nothing in the actual source material of the book seems to indicate anything about ego, and he doesn't seem to have any actual factual backing for some of what he said. Literally what was said was that K had a conversation with Amaker about coming onto the staff being awkward. All of that other stuff is speculation.

Hah, when I said Barstool was the Post of sports journalism, I didn't realize that he actual author of the book was a Post columnist. That explains a LOT.

Listen, if someone wants to believe a Post columnist and Barstool Sports, that Duke offered the job to someone without K knowing, and even offered a staff spot in the meantime to said coach without K knowing, and that K doesn't like Tommy Amaker of all people, a player who helped K cement his career and who was on staff for YEARS, and that he put Jon Scheyer in place bc he wants to be a shadow dictator of Duke basketball... go ahead? Seems pretty far fetched to me.

Last edited:
I was attacking both of them. Sorry, I went after Barstool at the start and again at the end... the MIDDLE stuff was really as much about the book.

I am going after Barstool b/c they are trash. Barstool is always looking to get the most XTREME headline they can get, to get people riled up. Its the modern approach to sports "journalism." We don't get some of the really great in-depth writing we used to get... now it's just cut'paste sensationalism.

And I was attacking O'Conner, too; nothing in the actual source material of the book seems to indicate anything about ego, and he doesn't seem to have any actual factual backing for some of what he said. Literally what was said was that K had a conversation with Amaker about coming onto the staff being awkward. All of that other stuff is speculation.

Hah, when I said Barstool was the Post of sports journalism, I didn't realize that he actual author of the book was a Post columnist. That explains a LOT.

Listen, if someone wants to believe a Post columnist and Barstool Sports, that Duke offered the job to someone without K knowing, and even offered a staff spot in the meantime to said coach without K knowing, and that K doesn't like Tommy Amaker of all people, a player who helped K cement his career and who was on staff for YEARS, and that he put Jon Scheyer in place bc he wants to be a shadow dictator of Duke basketball... go ahead? Seems pretty dumb to me.
It's on ESPN now.

It's on ESPN now.

Yes, it is. And it sort of makes my point.

ESPN article headline:

Book: Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski pushed for Jon Scheyer to succeed him over Tommy Amaker​

Barstool article headline:

SHOCKING: Egomaniac Coach K Reportedly Refused to Let Duke Hire Tommy Amaker So He Can Keep Control Of The Program

Yes, it is. And it sort of makes my point.

ESPN article headline:

Book: Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski pushed for Jon Scheyer to succeed him over Tommy Amaker​

Barstool article headline:

SHOCKING: Egomaniac Coach K Reportedly Refused to Let Duke Hire Tommy Amaker So He Can Keep Control Of The Program
Aren't they saying the same thing?

As a Duke fan who has posted on this board for a decade, I have learned to just laugh these things away. There wouldn't be hit pieces like this if it didn't get the response it does.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
K kept Duke from hiring Amaker so his boy can be hired instead?

So, I should be working. But lemme take a second with this.

First up, ESPN:

Book:​

Yes, it is a claim from an upcoming book.

Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski pushed for Jon Scheyer to succeed him over Tommy Amaker​

Okay, that's not too wild of a claim. I mean, it says that a source shared that K spoke with Amaker about it being tough for Amaker to take the job. So... sure, I guess?

Next... Barstool:

SHOCKING:

Uh, okay...

Egomaniac Coach K

Well, that's quite a diagnosis by UK grad and blogger "Reags"...

Reportedly Refused to Let Duke Hire Tommy Amaker

I don't see anything in the actual summary of the book that shows that K refused to let Duke hire Tommy Amaker. Like... nothing.

So He Can Keep Control Of The Program

Again, I don't see any quotes from any sources, named or unnamed, that support this... it is just author speculation.

Sooo... yeah.

If only thedude cared about shoddy journalism, sensationalism and unnamed sources when it come to, muh Russia, maybe I could join him in this pursuit.
If only thedude cared about shoddy journalism, sensationalism and unnamed sources when it come to, muh Russia, maybe I could join him in this pursuit.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
@JimboBBN : "Come on man, take Ghost off ignore, it will be fine. If you can take SNU off, you can take Ghost off."

Me: "Fine, fine, maybe you are right, I'll just stick to basketball threads."

*clicks unignore*

First post seen:

f838f6334f84cec3aa7fa6391761d787.gif
C_uGl26UIAEf0a7.jpg

Does Duke University have a class where they teach the males on how to drop their balls?

Reactions: GhostOf301
I like taking jabs at him knowing that there is only a 20% chance he's sees them and a 100% chance he whines about them when he does.

That’s strange.

And no idea where you get twenty percent from. It’s, like .5 percent, if that. You realize I’ve had you on ignore for years, right? And you aren’t interesting enough to peek at?

But do go on.

I like taking jabs at him knowing that there is only a 20% chance he's sees them and a 100% chance he whines about them when he does.

That’s strange.

And no idea where you get twenty percent from. It’s, like .5 percent, if that. You realize I’ve had you on ignore for years, right? And you aren’t interesting enough to peek at?

But do go on.
Wait, you two are at odds? When did this happen?

I mean, K being an egomaniac isn't like a huge revelation.

I don't know why anyone would have an issue with K not wanting Amaker at Duke though.

C_uGl26UIAEf0a7.jpg

Does Duke University have a class where they teach the males on how to drop their balls?

Yes, they teach this class both at Duke and UNC. The only exception is that the Duke students are expected to attend the class and UNC students are not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT