ADVERTISEMENT

Duke, North Carolina and Kentucky

I swear Coach K was more pumped after tonight's win than winning previous ACC Tournament Titles.

giphy.gif

No more misery here, bro. Duke is on the way up. Beating the powerhouse known as Georgia Tech is the confidence booster this team needed. I feel sorry for Clemson's butthole, really.

I mean, they did beat Kentucky and North Carolina. So, does that makes us the best of the group?

Reactions: tw3301 and sgrooms
Calipari put us into a position to win. We folded down the last few minutes.

I can't recall so many offensive fouls called in such a short amount of time.

Any fan here would have been perplexed. I'm not one to blame refs and not doing it here. We had plenty of chances to overcome the foul discrepancy.

Only thing to do is just eat shit from here.

It's humiliatingly to lose to Bama in back to back games.

Haha, I noticed that. It has to be a great feeling for the players though to struggle for a few games and finally get a win.

For sure. Sometimes it's kind of hard to enjoy wins when you expect to win every game. That definitely isn't the expectation this year.

Calipari put us into a position to win. We folded down the last few minutes.

I can't recall so many offensive fouls called in such a short amount of time.

Any fan here would have been perplexed. I'm not one to blame refs and not doing it here. We had plenty of chances to overcome the foul discrepancy.

As much as I like to joke with you guys about this season I’m just taking shots while I can because you won’t be down for long.

That said, I do sort of question that first point you made. Is it possible that the players put you in a position to win and then Cal’s coaching helped you fold? I only ask because he has a history of putting the wrong players in at the wrong time and his end of game coaching sometimes leaves much to be desired.

As much as I like to joke with you guys about this season I’m just taking shots while I can because you won’t be down for long.

That said, I do sort of question that first point you made. Is it possible that the players put you in a position to win and then Cal’s coaching helped you fold? I only ask because he has a history of putting the wrong players in at the wrong time and his end of game coaching sometimes leaves much to be desired.
Could have, but I thought he called a great game and had a plan for us to be in it to a team that's hot right now and beat us by 20 recently.

Subbing Askew for Mintz there close to the end hurt in hindsight, but Askew wasn't the turnover machine(not asking for much there), he usually is.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Could have, but I thought he called a great game and had a plan for us to be in it to a team that's hot right now and beat us by 20 recently.

Subbing Askew for Mintz there close to the end hurt in hindsight, but Askew wasn't the turnover machine(not asking for much there), he usually is.

Very fair. It’s really easy for all of us to Monday morning quarterback coaches decisions. Kentucky was right there with just a few minutes left and if it goes the other way everyone says what a genius move it was.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Outside of Kentucky I think I’ve watched like 2 games of college basketball this season. It’s the Zags and everyone else, right? Kentucky will not make the NIT. At least Duke will have that feat!

Outside of Kentucky I think I’ve watched like 2 games of college basketball this season. It’s the Zags and everyone else, right? Kentucky will not make the NIT. At least Duke will have that feat!
I'm in the same boat. Watched some Carolina games and a few Illinois games (and only cause I know couple of their players). That's really it. Tough to get into hoops this year.

Reactions: tw3301 and JimboBBN
I'm in the same boat. Watched some Carolina games and a few Illinois games (and only cause I know couple of their players). That's really it. Tough to get into hoops this year.

I’ve had trouble finding time to watch full games these days. For the ones I was interested in but missed there’s a YouTube station I’ve been checking out that condenses them into 20-25 minutes. That’s been pretty cool.

It was against GT, I know. But last night was the first time all year that Duke had multiple stretches where they looked like a functioning basketball team. Also, GT isn't exactly a pushover team either. If they can figure out how to pass and how to catch passes, clean up on the turnovers and continue to improve defensively, they have enough offensive weapons to be competitive with anyone in the ACC. (saying a lot). There's a window for them to sneak in. But they're going to have to string together a good winning streak and get some top tier victories.

It was against GT, I know. But last night was the first time all year that Duke had multiple stretches where they looked like a functioning basketball team. Also, GT isn't exactly a pushover team either. If they can figure out how to pass and how to catch passes, clean up on the turnovers and continue to improve defensively, they have enough offensive weapons to be competitive with anyone in the ACC. (saying a lot). There's a window for them to sneak in. But they're going to have to string together a good winning streak and get some top tier victories.
I don't think they'll have to sneak in. Weak bubble, I'd assume. And Coach K gonna get special treatment, as he should, even if he is a wanker.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ive seen Kansas play both Gonzaga and Baylor this season...and our normal yr-to yr team could compete with them expecting to win. Its hard to jusge how good both are based on our roster this season, but they both seem to have all the pieces to be a final 4 lock.

Tonight’s Alabama team looks exactly like the one WKU beat.
I guess UK's defense had nothing to do with it huh?
UK has the 12th best adjusted defensive rating according to Ken Pom, WKU has the 109th rated defense, so it wasn't WKU's defense that slowed Alabama down. UK took away most of their open 3 point looks.

I’ve had trouble finding time to watch full games these days. For the ones I was interested in but missed there’s a YouTube station I’ve been checking out that condenses them into 20-25 minutes. That’s been pretty cool.
Sounds awesome . . . Link?

They started out hot, but Uk weathered the storm and got right back in it.

Not so sure I wouldn’t let Brooks run point over askew. Since cal doesn’t seem to want mintz or even Boston to do it. I just haven’t see why askew was ranked so highly. He doesn’t do anything great, not pass not shoot not get to the rim not defend, nothing that I’ve noticed. Hindsight is always 20/20 but if Louisville has landed askew and missed out on carlik as a result we might not even be an NIT team. And we have DJ who can run point so that’s more of an endorsement of how good carlik has been over askew being underwhelming. Which I know we were recruiting askew super heavy, but I’m not sure if that was before he decided to reclassify or not, so it might be a moot point.

But I called out Allen on the homeboard right before the MSU game lmao and called out Boston for sucking and he’s went for 18 the last two games since. So maybe my haterism is all askew needs to wake up.
Brooks at pg? OMG no. He's a 4.
Askew wasn't highly ranked. He was 33 on rivals, a 4*. Not only that, but Cal puts more on his pg's than most other coaches do. You have to be able to consistently beat your man and any help defenders that came at you and still try to score through them it's all isolation crap that Askew doesn’t have the tools for.
He’s a 4 year kid that should still be in high school and shouldn't be asked to run point at UK.
Cal screwed up the second he didn't find a way to get Hagans to come back or successfully recruit a legit star pg.

Man no lie there. I bet at least 4 diff guys had one as well.

Can’t believe UK posted Jackson that possession he turned it over instead of Sarr smdh I needed the win after Texas shit the bed at home.
Cal posted Jackson 5 straight times in the first Alabama game when we were down 15.
So far on the year, Jackson has yet to score in a post up situation, but Cal keeps running it.

Not only that, but Cal had him in the game the last 4 minutes. Mind boggling.
The worst player Caliapri has started in his time at Kentucky. Worse than Harrow. Worse than Green. I’m trying to think of crappy starters we’ve had and those two are the only ones in the ball park of Askew

Reactions: kyjeff1
I swear Coach K was more pumped after tonight's win than winning previous ACC Tournament Titles.

giphy.gif
Haha, I noticed K's celebration, one of the weirdest things I've ever seen him do. He’s usually very reserved win or lose. But it was Georgia Tech, which made it really weird.
That guy has experienced a ton of huge wins in his time.
I think he's feeling the pressure.

Bingo

Haha, I noticed K's celebration, one of the weirdest things I've ever seen him do. He’s usually very reserved win or lose. But it was Georgia Tech, which made it really weird.
That guy has experienced a ton of huge wins in his time.
I think he's feeling the pressure.

Yeah, not sure if it's more sad or funny. I guess he forgot what it's like to win. There was a pretty big fist pump coming from K.

And as it is, we have yet to win a game against a top 50 opponent. We're currently 0-4 in those games.

Reactions: kyjeff1
The 2017 title team only had 1 person drafted and he played 3 years.
Well, yeah, they didn't get drafted, but you had several Mcdonalds AA's didn't you?
A quick search on google shiws you had

-Justin Jackson (JR) #9 recruit 2014
-Joel Berry (JR) #25 recruit 2014
-isaiah Hicks (SR) #14 recruit 2013
-Tony Bradley (FR) #19 recruit 2016
-Theo Pinson (JR) #15 recruit 2014

Plus guys like Britt, Kenny Williams and the biggest asshole cave dweller of them all, Luke stupid ass Maye… jerk.

I'm not sure I would brag too much about only 1 dude getting drafted, that team was stacked with talent that SHOULD have been drafted.

Yeah, not sure if it's more sad or funny. I guess he forgot what it's like to win. There was a pretty big fist pump coming from K.

And as it is, we have yet to win a game against a top 50 opponent. We're currently 0-4 in those games.
I know the feeling. A 3 game losing streak is bad, but just think about tacking a 6 game losing streak on top of it. Ughhhh

Reactions: dukedevilz
The worst player Caliapri has started in his time at Kentucky. Worse than Harrow. Worse than Green. I’m trying to think of crappy starters we’ve had and those two are the only ones in the ball park of Askew
I'm glad we have Askew, but only if he stays 4 years.
This is on Cal, I feel bad for DA, it's not his fault, but damn.

Well, yeah, they didn't get drafted, but you had several Mcdonalds AA's didn't you?

Plus guys like Britt, Kenny Williams and the biggest asshole cave dweller of them all, Luke stupid ass Maye… jerk.

I'm not sure I would brag too much about only 1 dude getting drafted, that team was stacked with talent that SHOULD have been drafted.
Amazing, he forgot those MCDaa rankings and used the NBA draft. Wonder why?

Every team that wins a title is talented. Talented enough to be on a NBA roster is the question. BTW that cave man you speak of was a 3 star recruit who did in a UK team who had 3 dudes who got drafted in the lottery.

ADVERTISEMENT