ADVERTISEMENT

Duke fans concerned at all?

I don't even know who Collins is tbh but there was some image of him dunking last night and he can definitely get up, lol.
He's 6'9", 7.5 wingspan and a 42" vertical. He played at a small school in Texas and hasn't played high level competition. Rail thin but has gained 15 lbs while at UK. First time he's ever lifted weights. He actually has very good skills and a good shot blocker which we need desperately.

Hopkins has been the head scratcher. Cal said he was the best player during summer and practices. He could be our Trevor Keels. We have a stretch of games where both will get some minutes to improve. Mostly their confidence.

Any update. Duke did not look overpowering today. Mark Williams seems regressed
It’s hard to say it’s regression when this is what he looked like +\- 75% of last season. Most people, including myself, clearly put too much stock into how he closed the season. I bet there will be times when he looks like that again, but it’s clear that MW is a variable, not a constant.

Duke’s definitely got some issues, and Banchero isn’t at the stage yet where he can carry a team on pure talent - it’s only been 3 games so I’m hopeful he gets there. That said, when depth (mostly from an offensive perspective) is an issue, the difference between a great freshman and a superstar is felt.

Ya'll were bad last year. Somebody had to score points. Ended up being him towards the end of the year. He'll be fine, just gonna have to learn how to be the second fiddle in the front court. Was just funny how much Nish gassed him up.

Long term one of my concerns with Duke still is three point shooting. I don't see any real knockdown guys. Paolo is better than I thought but having him on the perimeter does him a disservice imo.
This is partly why I’m so disappointed - I don’t WANT Williams to be the first fiddle. He needs to get 14 points on alley oops and putbacks, not post ups and jumpers.

I thought Banchero would really impact Williams positively. I was picturing running the offense through Banchero, and Banchero getting a couple of assists per game by just simply dumping it off to Williams when he draws in the defense. There’s been zilch of this.

Did Duke play b2b Fri/Sat?

I wouldn't put a bunch of stock into what you're seeing right now, just my opinion though.

ADVERTISEMENT