ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE Bailing?

I think Jalen Johnson’s sprained ankle makes it absolutely clear that we should not be playing until a vaccine is widely available.

Injuries suck. Hopefully he has a quick recovery. At least it isn’t something severe.

I would assume at some point soon he may just say they are out for the year.

Ugh, that sucks. Yeah, when UNC guys have had them they seem to really cause some issues. Really do hate that. There is just nothing enjoyable about seeing a college kid getting injured.
Even if the team ignores ankle workouts. It's still not fun watching the young men suffer.

Ugh, that sucks. Yeah, when UNC guys have had them they seem to really cause some issues. Really do hate that. There is just nothing enjoyable about seeing a college kid getting injured.
I wouldn't say "nothing enjoyable". You do remember marshall henderson, and devendorf right?

Maybe later in the season when they start playing again, I'll start noticing them again. Unfortunately ,my the time consist of relevant teams....and UK.

UK is irrelevant for playing and losing.

I agree with coach K saying the teams with one done players are hurt the most by covid this season. Lack of summer practice and more early OOC games. The teams with returning experience really have an even bigger advantage.

We really shut the critics up with our decisive victory over Notre Dame. They didn't stand a chance even if Rudy himself put his pads down and laced up for the Fighting Irish.

Take that RIVALS! We're BACK!!!! Hell yeah!
;)

We really shut the critics up with our decisive victory over Notre Dame. They didn't stand a chance even if Rudy himself put his pads down and laced up for the Fighting Irish.

It could be our turn for a little slide. 3 straight games against ranked teams.

No doubt. The experienced teams should have a huge advantage.

It may could benefit young teams to 'cancel' games because of Covid to get more practice time for conference games.
Can only get so much better in practice vs playing. But it keeps your losses low which helps seeding time.

I can remember a time, if you didn't play you forfeited the game. Duke should have to forfeit all games they refuse to play. Not fair to the other teams. K should retire, he's becoming bad for the game 😎

Reactions: Matt Laurer

I expect we'll be receiving some first-place votes in next week's AP Poll - or, at least we should. I mean, could anyone else put up 75 points against a sub-100 defense? Doubt it.

I expect we'll be receiving some first-place votes in next week's AP Poll - or, at least we should. I mean, could anyone else put up 75 points against a sub-100 defense? Doubt it.

Lol... Seriously tho you can see the talent. Duke gets their top freshman back and these guys improve game to game...Duke will be back to normal.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I can remember a time, if you didn't play you forfeited the game. Duke should have to forfeit all games they refuse to play. Not fair to the other teams. K should retire, he's becoming bad for the game 😎

Why would you want Pete Gaudet to get all those losses?

When this thread was started I felt devastated at the thought of this.

Now that they’re back, I’m devastated they didn’t bail on the season.

Reactions: toonces11
When this thread was started I felt devastated at the thought of this.

Now that they’re back, I’m devastated they didn’t bail on the season.
Bunch of traditionally top teams with very strange rosters. Its going to be a rock fight all year. We went from making jack sh*t against texas and looking helpless, to shooting the lights out the next game and burying a solid opponent. I think its going to be a roller coaster of f^ck this season and "hell yeah, we might actually be good".

Bunch of traditionally top teams with very strange rosters. Its going to be a rock fight all year. We went from making jack sh*t against texas and looking helpless, to shooting the lights out the next game and burying a solid opponent. I think its going to be a roller coaster of f^ck this season and "hell yeah, we might actually be good".

I’m still waiting for the up part of the roller coaster for my team. This down part seems to be the entire ride.

3-0 baby!

Wendell Moore finally showed up! We're going to need him.

Kind of sad that Moore played so well, and we had to squeak out a win against Boston College. Seems like our defense really tries to put a lot of pressure in the backcourt. We generated a lot of steals. But, once BC starts penetrating, they get very high-percentage looks at the basket. They shot 56% from the floor, but also had 21 turnovers.

Reactions: GhostOf301
On College GameDay, they were talking about the covid issues, and, of course, Bilas continued the Duke narrative that the players’ safety and mental health is being sacrificed at the alter of cash.

Ellis, Seth, and even Mark Few were basically laughing at him. They all made the same two obvious points: A) left on their own - back at home, the players would be at much greater risk and B) the vast, vast majority of players and coaches want to be playing - and if they don’t, they can opt out.

Reactions: KUhawks34
On College GameDay, they were talking about the covid issues, and, of course, Bilas continued the Duke narrative that the players’ safety and mental health is being sacrificed at the alter of cash.

Ellis, Seth, and even Mark Few were basically laughing at him. They all made the same two obvious points: A) left on their own - back at home, the players would be at much greater risk and B) the vast, vast majority of players and coaches want to be playing - and if they don’t, they can opt out.
This is true. Obviously I had a unique view point on covid and was worried at first. Play ball. Nothing we can do but do the best we can and let it run its course because that will happen regardless.

Athletics is a way out and a place to be for kids. The only thing that concerned me was potential heart issues. We have now had a successful MLB, NBA, NFL and CFB season. Play ball.

Reactions: HawksJ
ADVERTISEMENT