ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE Bailing?

Yeah, no way he risks any more conference losses when he can make up a way out of it. There is no way it makes sense to play conference games but not non-conference games if it's Covid related.

I think it's only one game though so overall not really a big deal. Saves him the embarrassment of maybe a bad loss but it isn't like he is in any real danger of missing the tournament so not a huge deal.

One game.
3 including reschedules. Killed those games that the opponent dreams about playing all year long. Big paychecks for those small schools....in a yr they can realistic dream about competing. I don’t hate on Duke like most posters, I just can’t get on board with k on this one. The reasoning and rationale is all wrong.

Same way for Indiana basketball fans that are Notre Dame football fans. 😬
Not in 2020! Besides before Tom Allen there were dozens of us IU football fans!

really though way back in the day in Indiana you got Indiana basketball and notre dame football on tv. Hence the reversible jackets. It’sa lot more common with folks over 40 and even now folks over 60 still cheer that way.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I don’t mind t shirt KU fans. Rock chalk baby

I do mind coach K’s whiny ass

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there probably aren't very many Kansas football fans either. 😁
Oh, Kansas fans love football----but we don't have anything resembling college football in Lawrence.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there probably aren't very many Kansas football fans either. 😁

I don’t know anyone in Lawrence who bandwagons another college football team.

Not to say that they follow the team religiously these days. But I think that’s understandable.

He just wants his guys to have an nice Christmas break. Probably working that recruiting pitch angle. "Some coaches only let you have two days off for Christmas break. Here at Duke, you can expect to receive 10 days off with family and friends." Empathy. Compassion. Courage. This dude has it all.

I don’t know anyone in Lawrence who bandwagons another college football team.

Not to say that they follow the team religiously these days. But I think that’s understandable.
I bet there were plenty of Nebraska fans in the 80s and 90s, but they've not been much better than Kansas since then. 😆 I would assume most people in the area are just all about the Chiefs.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I bet there were plenty of Nebraska fans in the 80s and 90s, but they've not been much better than Kansas since then. 😆 I would assume most people in the area are just all about the Chiefs.
I actually don’t know one single Kansas basketball fan/Nebraska Football fan type. I’m sure they are out there

Yeah. Would be nice if KU were competitive, but I'd much rather have a strong NFL team.

To me, college football is pretty hard to watch outside of the best of the best. I know people say this about college basketball too, but I think it's different. In b-ball, teams with unathletic or unhyped rosters can still excel and be entertaining.

That said, early-season CBB can be pretty hard to watch even between the best.

Jalen Johnson sprained his ankle while quarantining for conference play. Out indefinitely. Indefinite suspensions at Duke are 24 hours. Not sure on injuries. Probably all season.

ADVERTISEMENT