ADVERTISEMENT

Duke at BC

MileHighSpartan should be in here anytime to let you know Duke is no longer a potential final four team since they lost a game.

Reactions: pig1960
Embarrassing loss. I expect Nova to easily take the overall number 1 seed since they've got experienced guards and are elite defensively.

I could see the other 3 #1 seeds having 4-6 losses come NCAA tourney time.

Anyone can shoot "lights out" against terrible perimeter defense.
Most college teams can't shoot 70% from the FT line. Even if all the 3s are wide open, I wouldn't expect a team to make more than 40-50% of them.

Duke stupidly didn't feed the post and Allen had a terrible offensive game.

Reactions: tw3301
Most college teams can't shoot 70% from the FT line. Even if all the 3s are wide open, I wouldn't expect a team to make more than 40-50% of them.

Well ya'll did last game against St. Francis of the blind and I didn't see you saying this so /shrug

Reactions: jhmossy
K defensive scheme of the overplay man to man defense doesn’t work anymore.

Duval can’t shoot.

Allen plays too much hero ball at times.

Bagely played his worst game.

But the majority of the time the guys shooting the free throws aren't the same ones shooting 3's.... and even bad 3-point shooting teams can drain >75% during shoot around when they are just spotting up.

I didn’t get to see the game, so I’m. not really informed - but BC shot 15-26 from three? We’ll lose any game where that happens

Duke has the most offensive firepower in the country....but the defense is atrocious right now. Reminiscent of UCLA last year even though Duke is a team of behemoths.

I didn’t get to see the game, so I’m. not really informed - but BC shot 15-26 from three? We’ll lose any game where that happens
Reminds me of the Indiana St. IU game. if a team hits 15-17 three then you're probably going to lose. Next practice is running teams off the three and make them drive inside.

I'm not watching (checking out UCLA-Michigan) but I think Bowman is the guy who was great against UNC last year.

He's from Raleigh area, right? Seems like he always plays his best against the carolina teams.

Duke has the most offensive firepower in the country....but the defense is atrocious right now. Reminiscent of UCLA last year even though Duke is a team of behemoths.

Teams are nowhere alike. UCLA didn't have a player like Bagley. Duke wish they had a guard like Lonzo.

Embarrassing loss. I expect Nova to easily take the overall number 1 seed since they've got experienced guards and are elite defensively.

I could see the other 3 #1 seeds having 4-6 losses come NCAA tourney time.
These types of losses suck balls, but it literally happens to everyone. This duke team is still very good.

Reactions: GE Nole

BC is a 34.8% team from three on the season--including today! Sometimes it's just not your day.

Wonder what top three (Nova, MSU, Duke) will look like.

He's from Raleigh area, right? Seems like he always plays his best against the carolina teams.

He’s from around Havelock/New Bern area. It was either him or his brother that was committed to play football at UNC but got in trouble during his senior year in HS.

Horrible post. The only thing you got right was Duval can't shoot.

Allen was 1-9 from 3 and 5-20 overall. Not many of his shots were in the flow of the game.

K defensive scheme is dated, takes more than a year to learn. Not a great fit with a bunch of Freshmen

Bagley needs to play more in low post not out on perimeter trying to shot the three ball.

Reactions: Mac9192
Allen was 1-9 from 3 and 5-20 overall. Not many of his shots were in the flow of the game.

K defensive scheme is dated, takes more than a year to learn. Not a great fit with a bunch of Freshmen

Bagley needs to play more in low post not out on perimeter trying to shot the three ball.
Being that he's not a great defensive coach anyway, he will take his lumps when trying to teach a bunch of freshman how to play defense well and consistently. I really don't think stockpiling one-and-dones is K's best strategy.

B.C. flat out beat us. No excuses. They wanted it more and knew exactly how to do it. If Duke didn't know what opposing teams offensive scheme was they know it now. Raining 3's from everywhere on the court the rest of the year. year . Next game.

And BC won't play like that the rest of the year. They would fit right in in the SEC. Lay down for everyone else then play out of their minds when the top dog comes to town.
They prolly won’t play like that again. Lol. Duke was 26.7% from 3 point and BC was 57% from 3 pt. Doubt BC shoots like that again beyond the arc. Dukes big problem is defense!

Reactions: kyjeff1

Allen had a bad shooting day. I wouldn't say he was taking shots outside of the flow of the game. I don't even know what that means. But he certainly wasn't playing hero ball, his shots just weren't falling. When he goes 6-9 from 3 is that hero ball?

If you have watched Duke this year, you see that K changes his defensive schemes a lot. It just isn't working because it's hard to get kids who are only there for a year to buy into defense. I guess he could bench them for players who are willing to play defense, but then they'd lose 69-64 instead of 89-84 and then we'd be bitching about offense.

I guess statistically speaking, 15 pts and 12 REBs was his worst game outside of the MSU game where he only played 10 minutes. But that had more to do with the team not getting him involved more than it did him having a bad game. And he only shot three 3 pointers none of which I would say were bad shots.

The loss sucks and I would say it was a bad loss. But hey, Trent had a coming out party and Duke showed that they can be in a game at the end where a lot of other Duke teams would have lost by 15+.

Last edited:
Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
He’s from around Havelock/New Bern area. It was either him or his brother that was committed to play football at UNC but got in trouble during his senior year in HS.
It was him because i remember the announcers mentioning during the game that he almost played football at UNC

B.C. flat out beat us. No excuses. They wanted it more and knew exactly how to do it. If Duke didn't know what opposing teams offensive scheme was they know it now. Raining 3's from everywhere on the court the rest of the year. year . Next game.
Also, Sky it could have been the curse of the black unis again:D

Reactions: skysdad
They can score in bunches but At some point duke is going to have to decide to defend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT