ADVERTISEMENT

Duke and Kentucky

UK can get still get in without winning the SECT. They just cracked the top 64 in net rankings. They still have some makeup games to schedule. Texas is still in the mix for a reschedule, although it depends on what the SEC does with South Carolina. Seeding impacts are going to determine the SEC makeup games. Hell I'll take the play in game at this point. Seeding consideration is probably going to be different this year, somewhat like football with the bowl games where not so good records still got you a decent bowl game if you were power 5.
No, we cant.

We're 8-13. We have Florida and Ole Miss left. If we win those we'll be 10-13. We aren't going to finish 10-14th place, which means we will get either 4 or 3 SECT games. That means we can at best finish 14-13, or 13-13. Both of those scenarios result in us getting the autobif via winning. The NIT doesn't even invite teams with a sub .500 record. The NCAAT absolutely does not.

So you think we get in at 12-13?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, because that's the only option right?

No, you know that you only have one way you post, you can't help yourself, you're a dick and you don't know how to turn that off, so changing your name wouldn't work and you would, somehow, look much worse in that scenario. I'll give you credit, you only lied a few times since getting caught and you still show your pathetic face around here, but the fact remains, you will always be remembered as a liar that made up a fake wife, a fake life and a fake back story.
Thanks for remembering me. I don’t give two shits about you.

No, we cant.

We're 8-13. We have Florida and Ole Miss left. If we win those we'll be 10-13. We aren't going to finish 10-14th place, which means we will get either 4 or 3 SECT games. That means we can at best finish 14-13, or 13-13. Both of those scenarios result in us getting the autobif via winning. The NIT doesn't even invite teams with a sub .500 record. The NCAAT absolutely does not.

....the NIT is making an exception this year.... an over .500 record is not required.

....the NIT is making an exception this year.... an over .500 record is not required.
Last time in the NIT we drew the overall #1 seed and played an away game at Robert Morris. We did that due to renovations to Rupp, now, we're still doing renovations to Rupp, hopefully we won't have to that again.

I can't remember as well, but didnt' we also play a NIT game in Memorial due to HS Tournament during the Gillispie years?

Apparently Rupp Arena doesn't allow NIT games.

Last time in the NIT we drew the overall #1 seed and played an away game at Robert Morris. We did that due to renovations to Rupp, now, we're still doing renovations to Rupp, hopefully we won't have to that again.

I can't remember as well, but didnt' we also play a NIT game in Memorial due to HS Tournament during the Gillispie years?

Apparently Rupp Arena doesn't allow NIT games.
Pretty sure you're correct on all accounts. I definitely. remember we played NIT at Memorial due to renovations. Notre Dame or UNLV or Creighton I think? We all remember playing st Bob Morris though I don't remember why. That game was a ****ing embarrassment and disgrace.

Yes, I absolutely do not care what random people think about me. I don’t know anybody on here & have no interest in meeting anybody.

So why lie about a fake wife if you don't care about what other people think? Also, your statement contradicts what you previously said.

Real life? I’ve only met a handful of people from these boards in real life.

So why lie about a fake wife if you don't care about what other people think? Also, your statement contradicts what you previously said.
giphy.gif

I wish Calipari had NCCA cred like Coach K.

He basically has the opposite and had to earn everything.

Speaking of earning everything, don't get me started on Roy.

No, we cant.

I said before its a long shot. But that would put us at 11-7 in the SEC plus we'ld be trending upward fast. If we can leap frog Mizzou and Ole Miss, then I like our chances. With no fans, and tv, we're a huge draw. That will carry some weight. Plus we still have the SECT. Win 3-4 remaining and 3 SECT wins and we're probably in.

I’m not so sure the no fans thing will help UK as much as if there were fans. If there were fans, bbn is gonna pack the place regardless of location or seed.

I just don’t know how no fans will affect decision making. Will sponsors have to pay extra for commercial time if UK makes it vs if they don’t make it or during uk games vs every other game.

With fans it’s something that’s fairly easily to quantify, even monetarily, where as I’m not so sure how it works without fans.

I mean the NCAA makes the same amount of $$$ regardless of the ratings numbers right? Idk anyone here can point to something I’ve been wrong about before and I’m not even pretending to know how this works with the tv money and ratings and what not.

I’m not so sure the no fans thing will help UK as much as if there were fans. If there were fans, bbn is gonna pack the place regardless of location or seed.

I just don’t know how no fans will affect decision making. Will sponsors have to pay extra for commercial time if UK makes it vs if they don’t make it or during uk games vs every other game.

With fans it’s something that’s fairly easily to quantify, even monetarily, where as I’m not so sure how it works without fans.

I mean the NCAA makes the same amount of $$$ regardless of the ratings numbers right? Idk anyone here can point to something I’ve been wrong about before and I’m not even pretending to know how this works with the tv money and ratings and what not.
Basically, it’s because they THINK basketball revolves around them.

I think that’s correct, though maybe we’re both wrong. The NCAA has a long-dated contract with CBS. My understanding is that it would be CBS that would be hurt by low ratings, not the NCAA. Several years of low ratings may result in the next contract being worse, but I don’t think the NCAA has any near term pain from lower ratings.

What I don’t know is if there are extra incentives for the NCAA built into the contract related to ratings. If so, then it might matter to them. Not sure if any details have ever been released or would ever be available. But I don’t generally buy the ratings argument for tournament inclusion.

But hey, I’m not a lawyer and I don’t work in broadcasting, so I could be way off.

I said before its a long shot. But that would put us at 11-7 in the SEC plus we'ld be trending upward fast. If we can leap frog Mizzou and Ole Miss, then I like our chances. With no fans, and tv, we're a huge draw. That will carry some weight. Plus we still have the SECT. Win 3-4 remaining and 3 SECT wins and we're probably in.
Lol, no man. That's not how this works. We have to win the SECT to get in, period.

Don’t know how y’all dealt with those bastards for as long as you did. UConn has basically ruined Cal lol

We actually played decent against them when they didn’t have thabeet or Kemba. Those years they waxed us iirc.

Hell we beat em 3 times that Napier year by like 30ppg including by 30+ in the aactourney championship game, UConn’s last game before the NCAA T started.

We just couldn’t dodge UK (and the zebras), but not like UK hadn’t already established they have our number under cal. That game made in like 1-6 and 0-2 in the tourney.

Refs were abysmal though, much worse than the unc/uk game uk fans love to point at as the worst reffed tourney game recently. But we still beat ourself, and Harrison made a clutch ass 3 against us(and everyone that tourney) so it is what it is at this point.

Worst part was being ranked like number 6 in the nation, win your conf championship regular season and tourney, coming off a natty and we get a damn 4 seed like wtf.

Last edited:
It does kind of look like jones grabbed at his hand/wrist but still it was such an obvious flop it should have never been rewarded a foul. Just a travel. We almost need another half second previous. Shabazz arm without the ball was looking crazy as soon as the clip starts.

ADVERTISEMENT