ADVERTISEMENT

Duke’s easy ACC schedule

Absolutely. I definitely know the why. Heck, top 3 conference teams will never have a top 3 conference schedule because they can’t play themselves. @Afamu seems to have some weird defense mechanism kicking in where he thinks I’m trying to suggest Duke was given preferential treatment or something. Idk. Some folks like to dish out crap but can’t handle it given back.

My point isn’t trying to figure out why Duke has by far the easiest ACC slate. We all know UNC sucks and they played the other top 4 teams only once each.

My point was trying to better understand why this talented and deep Duke team wasn’t able to take advantage of the huge schedule break and finish 17-3 or so in league play. Just makes you reevaluate things come March and bracket pickems.

A good rule is to simply ignore everything Afam guy says. I think he has proven lately he can dish it but not take it anyway.

Where’s the “UVA got lucky they only got Duke once at home” nit picking? Oh, that only works one way. No one complained when Duke had to play @ FSU, @UL, @UVA, @UNC last year. Now, when Duke gets the return games (besides @ UVA) it’s an issue?

It wasn’t Duke’s fault the year UL and FSU were going to be elite was when they had to return those games from last year. It wasn’t Duke’s fault UNC is struggling this season. But, that doesn’t fit into the narrative.

Lol, WTF are you talking about? What narrative? No one said anything about “Duke’s fault.” It’s a fact that you have had the easiest ACC slate (through no fault of your own) and it’s a fact that getting the 1 seed is unlikely, though mathematically still possible.

If my dog was still alive she'd kick your dog's ass.

Of that I have no doubt. Teddy is athletic as heck—can jump up to my shoulders and snag a frisbee at full speed. And he’s got a bark that sounds tough. But the little guy (he’s 50 pounds, but I call him little guy) is scared of a dang plastic bag lol. There’s these geese down by the pond we live on that he tried to befriend and play with and one went full mama goose on him and started clawing his ass. He won’t even go near the pond if they are there now haha.

He’s a great boy though. I can leave a steak unattended on the coffee table and he will sit there and not touch it until I come back and allow him to have a bite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You weren’t analyzing basketball. You were taking a shot at Duke losing 3 of 4 games recently, so just admit it. lol

Why would I need to hide that? I started a thread that said “Texas is straight trash” haha. If I wanted to take a shot at Duke for losing to NCSU by 22 and for finding a way to choke on a 9 point lead with 75 seconds to go against a terrible Wake team and then lose by 12, well I’d just come out and say it.

Dang, when did Duke fans (aside from Devilz) get so snowflakey?

Reactions: AWilli6995
Basketball is a sport built on tournaments. It’s the essence of the sport. The regular season is prep and practice for the tournament. Your great record gets you a bye and a better draw, but you still have to prove it on the court when it matters.

Getting the number one seed more than proves it.

Youre more likely to win the Natty as a regular season champ who doesnt win the conference tourney than a team who gets hot for 3-5 days.

If UNC wins the ACC tourney, they were NOT the ACC champion or best team. They won a mini tournament.

And just like football , there regular season positions you in the post season.

Of that I have no doubt. Teddy is athletic as heck—can jump up to my shoulders and snag a frisbee at full speed. And he’s got a bark that sounds tough. But the little guy (he’s 50 pounds, but I call him little guy) is scared of a dang plastic bag lol. There’s these geese down by the pond we live on that he tried to befriend and play with and one went full mama goose on him and started clawing his ass. He won’t even go near the pond if they are there now haha.

He’s a great boy though. I can leave a steak unattended on the coffee table and he will sit there and not touch it until I come back and allow him to have a bite.

Our dog was harmless. She just liked to bounce around on walks and sniff grass.

Reactions: GE Nole
Why would I need to hide that? I started a thread that said “Texas is straight trash” haha. If I wanted to take a shot at Duke for losing to NCSU by 22 and for finding a way to choke on a 9 point lead with 75 seconds to go against a terrible Wake team and then lose by 12, well I’d just come out and say it.

Dang, when did Duke fans (aside from Devilz) get so snowflakey?
I never said that there that I had a problem with you taking a shot at Duke because I expect it from opposing fans. I just thought it was funny that you took a shot at Duke and then tried to claim you were analyzing basketball when it was obvious that you were taking a shot at Duke. lol

I never said that there that I had a problem with you taking a shot at Duke because I expect it from opposing fans. I just thought it was funny that you took a shot at Duke and then tried to claim you were analyzing basketball when it was obvious that you were taking a shot at Duke. lol

I think I was pretty clear with my point. Duke lucked into having a super easy ACC slate and still couldn’t capitalize on it. Those are just facts.

The talk I was hoping to get was why. But too many duke fans on here are getting bent out of shape from facts.

I think I was pretty clear with my point. Duke lucked into having a super easy ACC slate and still couldn’t capitalize on it. Those are just facts.

The talk I was hoping to get was why. But too many duke fans on here are getting bent out of shape from facts.
I deal with UNC fans on a daily basis and they don’t even get me bent of shape, so a Florida State fan on a college basketball message board definitely isn’t going to get me bent out of shape. lol

Reactions: TheDude1

Why do I picture him licking the crap out of it until just before you walk back into the room? jumpingsmile

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Anything said on this forum about duke in a non favorable way you get defensive. Hope that cleared it up for you.
Interesting. I was just questioning the logic. I guess you missed my recent post where I said they suck.

I am hoping for a sweet16, but unless things change, they will be out the first weekend.

Why do I picture him licking the crap out of it until just before you walk back into the room? jumpingsmile

RollLaugh

I don’t know what it is, but his two motivations in life are to retrieve things that have been thrown and to be a good boy. He seems to derive real pleasure for pleasing me and his mama.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Funny thing is, no one has put forward the effort to look at FSU’s schedule because no one cares.

I still find it interesting that you found it necessary to even look at Dukes schedule.

Reactions: Quavarius
Duke is young. They don't really have that explosive player they've had it seems most every year. They've rostered a top 5 pick how many years in a row? Carey is good, but he ain't Okafor good. Or Bagley good. Or Tatum good. Or Zion good. Or Ingram good.

The last time they didn't have a top shelf draft pick was probably the team with Seth Curry and one of the 15th Plumlees. I think they had Cook and Kelly, just experienced guys.

So this year, they don't have veterans or high end, top 5 draft pick talent. They're still pretty good. They have good players, which could make them dangerous.

Not a great FT shooting team. Not all that physical. Good PG play though. Probably like everybody else. Could lose Thursday or Friday, or make a run.

Funny thing is, no one has put forward the effort to look at FSU’s schedule because no one cares.

I still find it interesting that you found it necessary to even look at Dukes schedule.

Necessary? Haha it’s a college basketball message board. It’s what we do. One click on KenPom and I can see the ranks of every single ACC conference slate. It’s not that hard to do. I wasn’t looking at Duke’s so much as I was looking at the league’s.

UL is 14th
UVA is 10th
FSU is 8th

FWIW, Miami is 1st.

Duke is young. They don't really have that explosive player they've had it seems most every year. They've rostered a top 5 pick how many years in a row? Carey is good, but he ain't Okafor good. Or Bagley good. Or Tatum good. Or Zion good. Or Ingram good.

The last time they didn't have a top shelf draft pick was probably the team with Seth Curry and one of the 15th Plumlees. I think they had Cook and Kelly, just experienced guys.

So this year, they don't have veterans or high end, top 5 draft pick talent. They're still pretty good. They have good players, which could make them dangerous.

Not a great FT shooting team. Not all that physical. Good PG play though. Probably like everybody else. Could lose Thursday or Friday, or make a run.

This seems like a pretty dang good summary.

Interesting. I was just questioning the logic. I guess you missed my recent post where I said they suck.

I am hoping for a sweet16, but unless things change, they will be out the first weekend.

Dude, you’re getting soft.

I got attacked by geese playing golf in Chicago once. We were on a green next to a lake. Geese are aggressive and they can hurt. I knocked the shit out of one with my putter.

Your dog is smart to leave them alone.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You guys did the same thing a few years back when UNC had that type of schedule so it seems like that selective amnesia is a bitch.

Selective amnesia seems to be running rampant since others don’t remember when Duke had a tougher schedule. Duke fans didn’t start this thread.

Lol, WTF are you talking about? What narrative? No one said anything about “Duke’s fault.” It’s a fact that you have had the easiest ACC slate (through no fault of your own) and it’s a fact that getting the 1 seed is unlikely, though mathematically still possible.

I mean, you seemed more worried about than Duke fans! You actually started a thread about it to complain. No Duke fan has mentioned our schedule and agree that it’s lighter than normal and we explained why (which seems to be missing from these type of discussions). We get it, you hate Duke, but you can be a little objective.

I mean, you seemed more worried about than Duke fans! You actually started a thread about it to complain. No Duke fan has mentioned our schedule and agree that it’s lighter than normal and we explained why (which seems to be missing from these type of discussions). We get it, you hate Duke, but you can be a little objective.
Yeah, he doesn't seem to get it.

Necessary? Haha it’s a college basketball message board. It’s what we do. One click on KenPom and I can see the ranks of every single ACC conference slate. It’s not that hard to do. I wasn’t looking at Duke’s so much as I was looking at the league’s.

UL is 14th
UVA is 10th
FSU is 8th

FWIW, Miami is 1st.
All that information and you felt the need to start a thread about Duke. You didn't start a thread about the league or UL or UVA or Miami who is #1, you started a thread about Duke.

All that information and you felt the need to start a thread about Duke. You didn't start a thread about the league or UL or UVA or Miami who is #1, you started a thread about Duke.

How many threads have you started about UNC? You are so damn sensitive.

Selective amnesia seems to be running rampant since others don’t remember when Duke had a tougher schedule. Duke fans didn’t start this thread.

Duke fans didn’t have to start the thread. I’m saying when UNC had a favorable schedule duke fans were all over it. When the shoe is on the other foot you can’t take the blowback that you guys have no problem dishing out.

Duke fans didn’t have to start the thread. I’m saying when UNC had a favorable schedule duke fans were all over it. When the shoe is on the other foot you can’t take the blowback that you guys have no problem dishing out.

So the selective amnesia works both ways, like I said?

If Louisville loses to UVA and FSU loses @ ND, then there's a 3 way tie for the ACC regular season right? Would Louisville win on the tiebreaker?

The computers still love us at least.

How many threads have you started about UNC? You are so damn sensitive.
I am starting to think you don't understand rivalries. I could give a shit about FSU, except how LH looks that good at 70.

And what were we told when we complained?

Not sure. Why is that relevant? You said no one complained. I just commented that plenty of Duke fans did. We all know the unbalanced schedule favors different teams in different years. However, I'm not sure if people realize this but a four or five day tournament is also unbalanced, sometimes even more so.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT