ADVERTISEMENT

Does your hometown have titles?

My mom was born in raised in Salyersville. I still have some family there. Were you close to there?

No shit, that's awesome. I know exactly where that's at and grew up not far from there.

Somerset, Danville,Campbellsville area here, but I've been to Salyersville a lot.

Reactions: FlynAUround
No shit, that's awesome. I know exactly where that's at and grew up not far from there.

Somerset, Danville,Campbellsville area here, but I've been to Salyersville a lot.
We used to go up there 3-4 times a year to see my grandparents when I was a kid. They lived half a mile from downtown, so I would take my basketball to the park (swinging bridge) and shoot hoops. I loved going in the summer when they had “Founders Day”. Thought it was pretty cool when the town recognized families. I have two cousins that own two hardware stores there. Haven’t been there in years, but I’m hoping I can make it back up there in the near future.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We used to go up there 3-4 times a year to see my grandparents when I was a kid. They lived half a mile from downtown, so I would take my basketball to the park (swinging bridge) and shoot hoops. I loved going in the summer when they had “Founders Day”. Thought it was pretty cool when the town recognized families. I have two cousins that own two hardware stores there. Haven’t been there in years, but I’m hoping I can make it back up there in the near future.
YES!!!!! I like you. Probably don't mean much due to you not knowing me from Adam,but I like you.

Reactions: FlynAUround
No I'm from a town of 1800 with school enrollment of 120. We never won any titles. But at one point we were the state record holder for football playoff appearances without a win. I think we were 0-9 when our football program ended a decade ago.

If so, size of the town and class.

My hometown has a Catholic and public school.

Both won at the highest level.

One when it was a 1 class system. The other when it was 4A. Which was the highest in Iowa
I went to Dowling Catholic. It's fair to say we have some titles.:D

Reactions: hawkit3113
4 state cross country championships, single class, and 5 or 6 runners-up (I was on 2 runners-up teams). Many sports have won state championships.

My tiny ass HS (graduated with a class of 87 ppl) didn’t even have a swim team, I’m bitter about that, bc I never lost a race at the American legion pool lol.

Edit: sorry I thought I quoted dude talking about his swimming records. And I’m not saying I coulda been Michael Phelps by any means, just wish we woulda had a team so I could have been the best player on the team for once in my lifetime

Pfft, does your hometown have titles. SmokinSmile
il_570xN.1224227994_cxpu.jpg

Just don’t ask about the high school or college teams, though... jumpingsmile

Waldron Indiana pop. <1000
Home of ...well...nobody

The HS Basketball team did have an undefeated season winning smallest class 1A
Ironically the next year it went winless. So we also have that record that can never be beaten.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I think my hometown has some wrestling and field hockey state titles (there might be a bowling title too lol). Not sure of the classes at the times of the titles, and they fluctuate based on sport. Using football as the standard, the school was class B (3rd highest in New York) for the longest time. Moved up to class A for a decade or so including my time there. Back to class B now.

Small town, but the school district is massive. In square miles, it’s second only to the Adirondack school district which obviously includes mountains where people don’t live.

Last edited:
My high school never won a state title in anything, but it has produced a couple billionaires (of which I am NOT one).

I don’t know if it will result in a state title but I saw a post on Facebook about how my high school’s boy’s basketball team is undefeated this season.

ADVERTISEMENT