ADVERTISEMENT

Does USC Coach Andy Enfield Stay At USC At Least Ten More Years?

Does USC Coach Andy Enfield Stay At USC At Least Ten More Years?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
He is in his early-50s now. He is recruiting better than most and has a chance to do what no other coach for that program has ever done before. He recently signed an extension, too. If you vote "No", feel free to make public what you predict he will do.

I know that a lot of Maryland fans would love to get him. Don't forget that he went to Johns Hopkins(in Baltimore), got his MBA at Maryland, and grew up in Pennsylvania not far from Maryland.

My guess would be yes. He and his wife seem to like the SoCal lifestyle. And there’s not THAT much pressure on him at USC like there would be in the ACC or Big 10 or Kentucky.

I’m sure FSU folks would at least inquire about his interest when Ham hangs it up, but honestly I wouldn’t want him as the next coach.

He is in his early-50s now. He is recruiting better than most and has a chance to do what no other coach for that program has ever done before. He recently signed an extension, too. If you vote "No", feel free to make public what you predict he will do.

You’re an a-hole for posting an Andy Enfield thread without posting several photos of his wife.

Shame on you.

One thing to remember is that, if he goes to Maryland and does well, he would have a much larger and rabid fanbase.

I'm not aware of an Andy Enfield on Frank Martin's staff so the answer is obviously no.

One thing to remember is that, if he goes to Maryland and does well, he would have a much larger and rabid fanbase.

Maybe but they will also be calling for his head if he can’t make consistent runs in the NCAAT, something he’s only done once at USC

Maybe but they will also be calling for his head if he can’t make consistent runs in the NCAAT, something he’s only done once at USC
Yes, that is true. HOWEVER, one must remember that, in multiple previous postseason appearances, not all the talent was his. Now, it is. As was it last year, when he led the Trojans to the Elite Eight.

Yes, that is true. HOWEVER, one must remember that, in multiple previous postseason appearances, not all the talent was his. Now, it is. As was it last year, when he led the Trojans to the Elite Eight.

That was not the first year with his guys. Isn’t this his 9th season at USC?

I
That was not the first year with his guys. Isn’t this his 9th season at USC?
That's not what I meant. Yes, it is his ninth season at USC, and his has had his own players for a few years now. I meant that, when he made several of his other postseason appearances, it was not all his talent.

I

That's not what I meant. Yes, it is his ninth season at USC. I meant that, when he made several of his other postseason appearances, it was not all his talent.

I get that for his early years at USC. But by year 3/4, it’s been his squad. It will be interesting to see if he can make more runs in the NCAAT moving forward

I get that for his early years at USC. But by year 3/4, it’s been his squad. It will be interesting to see if he can make more runs in the NCAAT moving forward
Yes, it definitely will be interesting. And, assuming that USC Football becomes great again with their new coach, and USC Hoops keeps getting better, they will have each other to feed of each other's success. That is regularly the case at a college when both programs are doing well at the same time.

So 2017 wasn’t his talent? How about 2018 and 2019 when his talent didn’t even make the tourney?

So 2017 wasn’t his talent? How about 2018 and 2019 when his talent didn’t even make the tourney
Yes, it was. I am just saying that, multiple times in earlier years when they DID make the tournament, the talent wasn't all his. I am just saying that, now that it is his, might we see more frequent deep runs in the postseason, like last season's Elite Eight appearance?

For those of you who voted "No", any predictions as to where he goes next?

For those of you who voted "No", any predictions as to where he goes next?
This dude could end up in Louisville.

Who knows, got to see what jobs are available.

If Boeheim retires would he fit @ Syracuse?

No clue how he is wired he may love it out there?

Yes, it was. I am just saying that, multiple times in earlier years when they DID make the tournament, the talent wasn't all his. I am just saying that, now that it is his, might we see more frequent deep runs in the postseason, like last season's Elite Eight appearance?

So basically you’re just talking about 2016, his 3rd year? Because he didn’t make the tourney in 2014 and 2015.

Anyway, sure he could make more deep runs. They definitely have a steady flow of talent. They’ve been cranking out NBA players for awhile. And Enfield has consistently underachieved with that talent.

This dude could end up in Louisville.

Who knows, got to see what jobs are available.

If Boeheim retires would he fit @ Syracuse?

No clue how he is wired he may love it out there?

I don’t see any chance in the world he goes to Syracuse. His wife ain’t living in upstate New York. Unless it was a UNC type of situation, they are gonna be in LA, Miami, San Diego, or mayyybe NYC.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don’t see any chance in the world he goes to Syracuse. His wife ain’t living in upstate New York. Unless it was a UNC type of situation, they are gonna be in LA, Miami, San Diego, or mayyybe NYC.
Washington, DC, which is near College Park, is a bit "ritzy", too.

I’d take him at Kentucky if we needed a coach tbh. Huge fan of him and his wife.

ADVERTISEMENT