ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Tarheel fan base really believe they're playing with "House Money" Saturday night?

The Dude has stuck to his absurd take about the last game at home not being that big a deal for a bit. He is legit probably the only person who feels this way.
Oh, it wasn't that it wasn't a big deal! DEFINITELY one of the worst losses in years!

But it also didn't really bother me hugely, ESPECIALLY in the context of how much there was to celebrate.

I may be in the minority, for sure. Definitely not the only person who feels this way... several classmates felt the exact same thing. I'd go so far as to say I bet my new approach is probably a lot healthier, especially for people who didn't actually play in the game and have no connection to either basketball program (and, in most cases, no tangible connection to the actual schools.)

Yes, I think it's highly likely UNC has cheated, and Duke never has.
You nailed the Heels with this.

Oh, I'm sure Duke cheats. I've never, EVER said otherwise. Any business where there are millions at stake... someone cheats:)

But there is "Lemme give this kid a nice car", and then there is... well, worse:)

Anyway, not the point of the thread, so I'll let it go.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh, I'm sure Duke cheats. I've never, EVER said otherwise. Any business where there are millions at stake... someone cheats:)

But there is "Lemme give this kid a nice car", and then there is... well, worse:)

Anyway, not the point of the thread, so I'll let it go.

Eh, if you actually would 'let it go' you would actually 'let it go'. But people who are wrong and get proven wrong like to bring it up to the people who made them look silly to try and make up for it. So carry on.

This team has no business in the Final Four.

Y'all were laughing at them 19 games ago.

Winning the NC is icing on the cake.

Beating Duke tomorrow would be better than winning the NC.

The storyline and bragging rights would be epic for unc fans if they were able to send K out a loser in their final two match-ups. But nobody other than unc fans would claim that beating Duke would be better than a championship. And I don't think most unc fans would say that. unc is going for #7 and separation from other bluebloods on a historical level. Beating Duke in the final four is no more historically better than beating South Carolina in the final four. There's nothing better than winning a championship.

i would be slightly disappointed if UNC loses Monday after winnIng Sat.

if this UNC team wins it all, this will be the most special team in my lifetime and im 51. Maybe just because I appreciate it more because I know how rarely they occur

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Thanks Lurk. Yeah, it was a real terrifying shock to the system... there was a breast cancer scare that turned out okay, and then literally a week later we started getting funky white blood cell counts, and it took several weeks of anxious dr appointments to finally get the news, so there were maybe five or six pretty bad weeks. But thankfully the diagnosis wasn't a terrible one (chronic leukemia) and she is on a great new medication that basically tells her body to knock it off. The dr has said it should have no real impact on life, that she will take two pills a day for life and hopefully that should be it. She also had a nasty cancer back in her twenties that she got through, but when you have kids it hits different. So fingers crossed everything will be okay.
Wow, I hate hear that. I sell oncology biosimilars to hospitals, oncologists, infusion centers, etc. and am around that environment every day. It takes a toll on every person around the patient as well. I’m pleased to hear it will be manageable. Please stay positive and you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: TheDude1
if this UNC team wins it all, this will be the most special team in my lifetime because I know how rarely they occur

UK Fans;

7Ncq.gif

Wow, I hate hear that. I sell oncology biosimilars to hospitals, oncologists, infusion centers, etc. and am around that environment every day. It takes a toll on every person around the patient as well. I’m pleased to hear it will be manageable. Please stay positive and you all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, man. Thankfully things seem managable, and Im lucky to have health insurance… the medicine is something like 13 or 18k a month! Thanks for the kind words.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
i would be slightly disappointed if UNC loses Monday after winnIng Sat.

if this UNC team wins it all, this will be the most special team in my lifetime and im 51. Maybe just because I appreciate it more because I know how rarely they occur
I’m 46. They’ve cracked my top 10 fwiw. 😉

Just don’t lay an egg now, boys.

ADVERTISEMENT