ADVERTISEMENT

Does the NCAAT unite SEC fans?

KENTUCKY_FLYER

Jan 25, 2007
It does for me. I'm hope A&M beats TENN not because TENN beat us but to get another team in the tourney. Once the NCAAT starts im a Cat fan first, after that, I'm pulling for every SEC team and would love to see a UK, UT AU and Bama final four. UT and UK for the Title and UK even it up for the year taking #9 leaving the UT players in tears crying... but... but.... we beat em TWICE!!!!

It does for me. I'm hope A&M beats TENN not because TENN beat us but to get another team in the tourney. Once the NCAAT starts im a Cat fan first, after that, I'm pulling for every SEC team and would love to see a UK, UT AU and Bama final four. UT and UK for the Title and UK even it up for the year taking #9 leaving the UT players in tears crying... but... but.... we beat em TWICE!!!!
It is hard for me to agree with you with all that UT hate, but I generally pull for the SEC unless it's bama. I hate bama and it doesn't matter the sport, the ranking or anything. If bama winning something some how helps us. I still pull against them! Grrrrrrr

NO UT hate at all, I even posted that UT should be a 1 seed. But If my scenario played out that's exactly what would happen. Of course we know it wont. Why all the bama hate? up until a few years ago when UK began to take football seriously I pulled for Bama football.

NO UT hate at all, I even posted that UT should be a 1 seed. But If my scenario played out that's exactly what would happen. Of course we know it wont. Why all the bama hate? up until a few years ago when UK began to take football seriously I pulled for Bama football.
Why do I hate bama!?!

Because they are:

Evil
Dirty
Cheaters
Have no teeth
ill bred
sub human
arrogant
like invasive algae that kills fish (I like fish)
smell funny
tea bag other fans
Destroy rival's flora
Team color is that of scabs

That is just off the top of my head.

If by "unite" you mean do I cheer for SEC teams in the NCAA tournament, then yes. I even cheer for UTooth - it is hard to not like Rick Barnes.

I’m an Louisville fan and I don’t want Duke, North Carolina, to win a game. I’m neutral on Miami and Notre Dame, but I like Virginia tech.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
In the pre conference I root for the ACC teams, not after that though.

Why do I hate bama!?!

Because they are:

Evil
Dirty
Cheaters
Have no teeth
ill bred
sub human
arrogant
like invasive algae that kills fish (I like fish)
smell funny
tea bag other fans
Destroy rival's flora
Team color is that of scabs

That is just off the top of my head.
Damn that's sum hate right there. Your therapy bill must look like the national debt.. hang in there and if I were you id probably stay away from kids and small animals wearing crimson.

Damn that's sum hate right there. Your therapy bill must look like the national debt.. hang in there and if I were you id probably stay away from kids and small animals wearing crimson.
No, they need to stay away from me. 😄

Just depends on the matchups...how it might help Kentucky advance....etc. Won't ever root for Tennessee. Generally not Florida. Arkansas it kind of depends for me, don't like em but they have had some fun teams. Auburn would have my support if their fan base hadn't become total jackasses this year. LSU I'd usually root for but Will Wade has made that impossible.

Just depends on the matchups...how it might help Kentucky advance....etc. Won't ever root for Tennessee. Generally not Florida. Arkansas it kind of depends for me, don't like em but they have had some fun teams. Auburn would have my support if their fan base hadn't become total jackasses this year. LSU I'd usually root for but Will Wade has made that impossible.
I agree that good or better match ups for the Cats could make me pull against and SEC team. I just don't get the hate on other SEC teams just because they are as rabid about there teams as we are about UK. UK fans talk smack all the time, they even excel at it. We have that right because we usually back it up. Auburn Bama and Tenn have very good teams this year. They deserve good seeding and I hope they go far in the tourney. All the smack talk is just fun bantering so I don't take it personal. My family's the same way, lots of Cat IU and UL fans. We beat each other down all year long, saying the meanest things to each other, We just laugh it off and love each other. That said, If IU and UL play each other, i hope a airplane engine fall on the building they're playing in.

Reactions: CB3UK
I agree that good or better match ups for the Cats could make me pull against and SEC team. I just don't get the hate on other SEC teams just because they are as rabid about there teams as we are about UK. UK fans talk smack all the time, they even excel at it. We have that right because we usually back it up. Auburn Bama and Tenn have very good teams this year. They deserve good seeding and I hope they go far in the tourney. All the smack talk is just fun bantering so I don't take it personal. My family's the same way, lots of Cat IU and UL fans. We beat each other down all year long, saying the meanest things to each other, We just laugh it off and love each other. That said, If IU and UL play each other, i hope a airplane engine fall on the building they're playing in.
Thats how I am with UT IU and UofL. I just take space one of them has to lose if they play each other

🤣 self admitting bama football/uk basketball fan

I moreso have players in the ncaaTthat i like moreso than teams, assuming they dont play for a team i dislike.

Take a lap. We Kentucky fans stand on our own two feet.

Other SEC teams and their fans have NEVER had Kentucky's back in the tourney in the many many times we've been the last SEC team standing. Been that way for years.

So screw them.

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT