ADVERTISEMENT

Does Baylor Win A Hoops Title This Decade?

Does Baylor Win A Hoops Title This Decade?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 98.5%

• Total voters
Scott Drew and Tom Izzo are really going head to head on GOAT Corona recruiter. Izzo’s going to land a top 20 kid for 2022 who will more than likely reclassify and push his lead out a little farther.

Scott Drew and Tom Izzo are really going head to head on GOAT Corona recruiter. Izzo’s going to land a top 20 kid for 2022 who will more than likely reclassify and push his lead out a little farther.

They’ve also been the two coaches who have squandered the most talent. Cal is obviously the 3rd coach in that trio.

They’ve also been the two coaches who have squandered the most talent. Cal is obviously the 3rd coach in that trio.
Izzo? He’s landed like 8 5 stars since the Rivals/247 era, we haven’t been some recruiting machine, and has been to like 5 Final Four in that time frame, all while being the most successful coach in the Big Ten. Also, what talent has he squandered, injuries aside?

Squanders talent? Gtfo with that you sound like a UM fan

If we’re talking recruiting class ranks versus success as a team, MSU is definitely more successful than their recruiting classes would have you believe they should be.

Sean Miller, Tom Crean, Mike White, Steve Alford To go back a few years have all recruited better or the same as Izzo and not had the success of him. Izzo is one of the most successful coaches of the past 20 years without a doubt and historically has not recruited on a UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas level. But yeah, he squanders talent.

Good lookin' catch you got there

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Why? because he got two recruits.

What in his history even puts him in the conversation.

I don’t see it, but 10 years ago if u had told me Jay Wright would have 2 and Tony Bennett 1 as well I probly wouldn’t have bought that either.

Drew might get a share of the big 12 title if Kansas get mad smacked by the ncaa

They already got my respect for FWIW. They get big names some times , but most of the kid Drew wins with are low ranked kids

I think they’re probably the top team, but why the bump now? They haven’t really done anything to grab people’s attention yet.

I think they’re probably the top team, but why the bump now? They haven’t really done anything to grab people’s attention yet.

Want this to be considered an intelligent basketball board.

So giving people a chance to change their vote.

Would really like to see Baylor play Villanova right now. But doesn't mean anything in January though.

Reactions: Ingersol
Want this to be considered an intelligent basketball board.

So giving people a chance to change their vote.

Would really like to see Baylor play Villanova right now. But doesn't mean anything in January though.

I’m not sure there’s any reason to change the vote. Even if they’re a top 5 team every year this decade, their odds of winning a title are still low. This is their best team of all time and technically their odds are low.

And let’s be honest, if they don’t get it done this year, it’s not very likely to happen. Drew didn’t just start coaching yesterday. He happened to build a very good team and the entire group returned, so they stand out in a down year. No reason to think this will be the norm.

Reactions: cwobrien11
I’m talking about a sum that would damage you. Whatever it is.

I’m betting you wouldn’t be willing.

Do you really think that Drew’s built a perennial powerhouse?

Kansas has a name and will continue to have one even if Baylor wins a NC.

We will see with Baylor.
I think they have an issue inside.

Put Earl on that team and they don't lose a game.

Villanova could get them.
They may not even win the Big 12. We will find out.

Ha...has nothing to do with KU. If KU doesn’t win it, I’d prefer it be another Big 12 team. And unlike many, I don’t have a problem with Drew.

Just asking honest questions. Do you see Baylor being a perennial powerhouse from now on? Could happen, but I’m not sure why it would be expected.

Success has to breed success.

Like I have attempted to explain to Tech fans.

Texas' Final 4 run with TJ Ford created KD. Durant is big enough name that carries for awhile

Baylor hasn't yet put a big time player in the NBA.
I don't know if they have one on their roster.

If they make a Final 4 run what players they bring in.
10 years is a long time.

I'm still wondering how Baylor became a player in men's basketball , women's basketball and football in the early 2000s.
What happened? Every other school, some with more resources are trying to do the same, but miraculously Baylor becomes a national player for all three sports around the same timeframe.🤔

a perennial powerhouse??? they have never won their conference. my God, what are peoples standards for a perennial powerhouse?
They have finished 2nd, 4th, 6th, 2nd 6th, 4th, 7th, 6th the last 8 years in the Big 12.
They aren't even a perennial conference power. 2 times in 8 years in the top 3 of a 10 team league.

Last edited:

You’d be pretty silly to bet a sum that would damage you significantly on ANY program to win a title in the next decade.

I guess izzo would be my top choice right now bc of bates coming, or few of he can get it this year, as they seem to be the best team atm. But I’d never wager a damaging amount of $$$ on any team winning it all over a decade or whatever time frame. Too much luck factors in imo.

You’d be pretty silly to bet a sum that would damage you significantly on ANY program to win a title in the next decade.

I guess izzo would be my top choice right now bc of bates coming, or few of he can get it this year, as they seem to be the best team atm. But I’d never wager a damaging amount of $$$ on any team winning it all over a decade or whatever time frame. Too much luck factors in imo.

That’s the point. The odds are heavily in favor of the people who voted “no” in this poll. Even if they’re the best team in the country this year, which is very possible.

Luck is a huge part of the equation, which people conveniently forget during pissing matches. This isn’t the NBA. No 7-game series which allow you to have 2-3 terrible nights and still win. This is six straight games, with essentially no preparation time for three of them. There’s a lot of luck involved there. A lot of flukey stuff can happen in one 40-min match between teenagers.

Reactions: CO_hawk
I'm still wondering how Baylor became a player in men's basketball , women's basketball and football in the early 2000s.
What happened? Every other school, some with more resources are trying to do the same, but miraculously Baylor becomes a national player for all three sports around the same timeframe.🤔

Do other schools have more resources than probably the most prominent Baptist school in the United States.

Football took time. But they did try. They took Kentucky's football coach in 2002. He failed.
Art Briles and the end of the Big 12 South helped

Baylor became Louisiana Tech in women's basketball when Kim Mulkey left Ruston for Waco.
LA Tech was a beast in women's basketball.

Scott Drew created a program at Baylor.
There is a lot of talent in Texas and Louisiana.
Players who flew under the radar in Louisiana like Vital and Butler have developed in that program.
Butler in term of length and importance was a Top 5 recruit that year.

At what point does athleticism win in basketball.

When is well coached and experienced it does.

Baylor has a weakness without Gillespie.
How quick they can the develop a big who can control both ends of the floor.

Their upside is much higher than Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT