ADVERTISEMENT

Does Archie Miller Return Indiana To Top Program Status

Does Archie Miller Return Indiana To Top Program Status

• Yes

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 68 88.3%

• Total voters
Can you stop posting trash threads? I fully blame you for the jinx thread on Lamar Jackson. Go to facebook and ask your dumb questions.
Sorry! You will have to suck it up. I have NO plans of leaving OR changing the way I post.

Can you stop posting trash threads? I fully blame you for the jinx thread on Lamar Jackson. Go to facebook and ask your dumb questions.
Laughing

to the OP, define "top program status".

*also, if you start polls, make sure we can all see who votes for what. TIA.

Slit your wrists

remember-kids-its-down-the-road-not-across-the-street-10056371.png

I’ve said it since the day he was hired.....if given a few more years...I have zero doubt that he will. Unfortunately, with last year’s collapse,if he’s anywhere close to a collapse this year...I’m not certain he’ll get a few more years with the support needed to recruit at the level needed. Without a huge scandal happening....they have to give him at least 2 more years. But, without a good showing this year, it’s going to be extremely hard to recruit with everyone he’s recruiting against raising questions about how much longer he’ll be there.

A little story from my Spartan's loss to IU this past Sunday.

Coach Izzo, win or lose, always shakes hands and has a nice, brief chat with the opposing coach. Like they're pals and they get along. He and Matt Painter get along great even as we and Purdue have a fierce rivalry both on the recruiting trail and on the court. They slaughtered us last week and yet Izzo stopped, talked, smiled and gave a solid congrats to Painter.

But on Sunday, it was the drive by handshake and let's get out of here in Bloomington. Didn't look like Izzo even made eye contact with Archie.

Maybe it's nothing, but some of us think Izzo has a problem with Miller...and it's probably over recruiting.

IMHO, Archie is going to get in trouble eventually. I could be wrong, but Izzo's body language around Miller is uniquely cool. I think it means something.

A little story from my Spartan's loss to IU this past Sunday.

Coach Izzo, win or lose, always shakes hands and has a nice, brief chat with the opposing coach. Like they're pals and they get along. He and Matt Painter get along great even as we and Purdue have a fierce rivalry both on the recruiting trail and on the court. They slaughtered us last week and yet Izzo stopped, talked, smiled and gave a solid congrats to Painter.

But on Sunday, it was the drive by handshake and let's get out of here in Bloomington. Didn't look like Izzo even made eye contact with Archie.

Maybe it's nothing, but some of us think Izzo has a problem with Miller...and it's probably over recruiting.

IMHO, Archie is going to get in trouble eventually. I could be wrong, but Izzo's body language around Miller is uniquely cool. I think it means something.
Nah. Nice thought but I don’t think he’s cheating, I just think Izzo was pissed, he thought he had the team motivated after the Purdue game and then they lost again.

Nah. Nice thought but I don’t think he’s cheating, I just think Izzo was pissed, he thought he had the team motivated after the Purdue game and then they lost again.
No doubt. Could be. But I can't remember the last time Izzo dissed an opposing coach after they beat us. Maybe I don't pay that close attention. It just seemed odd.

Just stop...

The problem is he has lost to him 3 straight times. If Archie is cheating he sucks really bad it. Izzo is pissed his former whipping boy for recruits and wins is no longer there.

I think if their (comically impatient) fan base gives him enough support and time, he will have them back in the upper half of the Big Ten. I don’t think he’ll have them at Bob Knight heyday levels, but I also don’t think any coach is going into Bloomington and achieving that in this day and age in the Big Ten.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I think if their (comically impatient) fan base gives him enough support and time, he will have them back in the upper half of the Big Ten. I don’t think he’ll have them at Bob Knight heyday levels, but I also don’t think any coach is going into Bloomington and achieving that in this day and age in the Big Ten.

Knight won the conference 11 times and had 3 National Championships in his first 22 seasons at IU. No one will ever again go on a run like that.

Knight won the conference 11 times and had 3 National Championships in his first 22 seasons at IU. No one will ever again go on a run like that.
It can be done. Izzo has come fairly close to that in his time there. Closer than one would think if they were comparing Izzo's accomplishments to Knight's.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
It can be done. Izzo has come fairly close to that in his time there. Closer than one would think if they were comparing Izzo's accomplishments to Knight's.

He is certainly flirting with it. Not as good, but close. Izzo needs another title to get in the discussion though

He is certainly flirting with it. Not as good, but close. Izzo needs another title to get in the discussion though
When Kansas joins the Big 10 here in about 5-8 years, I think whoever their coach is will probably have the best chance of repeating that.

That sounds like how Nebraska (and Penn State) footballl fans talked when joining the Big Ten. How has that worked out for them?

Good thing basketball is a much different sport than football.

For real though, I have no idea if they will be invited. The best information I've heard from "sources" are people very tight with the Nebraska AD and from their account Nebraska is the school really pushing behind the scenes for KU. Who knows though. That's so far off and things can change very quickly as we all saw in 2010. If the Big 10 does choose to expand when all of these tv rights deals are re-negotiated then they'll be able to take just about anybody they want. Kansas would probably be in the top 3-5 schools of their choosing.

Lmao you’re talking about a school that blew up the program over phone calls.

Think it’s possible that Izzo is just a grumpy old man whose pissed that he can’t just waltz into Indiana and just get whatever kid he wants? Crean was never a match for him on the recruiting trail, but he keeps getting bitch slapped on the recruiting front by him and now he can’t beat him on the court either. I used to have a ridiculous amount of respect for him. But nowadays he just whines more then a 12 year old girl now.

I'm not sure what top program refers to in the conference or nationally. I'd say he can have a top 25 program and compete/win B1G titles and compete for final 4s. Not sure about a Duke/UK/Kansas type program though.

Good thing basketball is a much different sport than football.

For real though, I have no idea if they will be invited. The best information I've heard from "sources" are people very tight with the Nebraska AD and from their account Nebraska is the school really pushing behind the scenes for KU. Who knows though. That's so far off and things can change very quickly as we all saw in 2010. If the Big 10 does choose to expand when all of these tv rights deals are re-negotiated then they'll be able to take just about anybody they want. Kansas would probably be in the top 3-5 schools of their choosing.

They'd have to take KU and another school. Who else is getting mentioned by your sources?

In regards to KU basketball, that conference title win streak would get zipped up real quick.

Reactions: jace4655555
They'd have to take KU and another school. Who else is getting mentioned by your sources?

In regards to KU basketball, that conference title win streak would get zipped up real quick.
Most commonly Oklahoma. This is chatter from 5 years ago when the threat of expansion was still real. Seems like it’s died down across the board since then though. I think 2025-2026 is when all of those contracts are up?

The streak is at 0 right now. It would only improve in the Big 10. Winking

Most commonly Oklahoma. This is chatter from 5 years ago when the threat of expansion was still real. Seems like it’s died down across the board since then though. I think 2025-2026 is when all of those contracts are up?

The streak is at 0 right now. It would only improve in the Big 10. Winking

That would be such a wild expansion, geographically. Like a virus spreading from the Great Lakes region to the south west.

That would be such a wild expansion, geographically. Like a virus spreading from the Great Lakes region to the south west.
We’d do more for your sports than Maryland and Rutgers. From day one of being in the conference I’d be in favor of kicking those two schools out.

We’d do more for your sports than Maryland and Rutgers. From day one of being in the conference I’d be in favor of kicking those two schools out.
No way! Both of those schools have brought in a ton of money due to location for the B1G network. The NYC, Baltimore and D.C. markets are a tad bigger then the Lawrence and Norman markets.

BBall yeah, but heck KU brings more to bball than any team in big ten- what other sports are KU good at??

Reactions: bMORE607
We need to bring Lacrosse to KU!!
Soccer with a stick?

Yeah I guess that would be kind of fun. I always did want to play that growing up but seriously the only local teams that I knew of were private school girls teams. Lol. Never heard of guys playing it. I’m sure there were clubs. It’s just not a big sport out here.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Soccer with a stick?

Yeah I guess that would be kind of fun. I always did want to play that growing up but seriously the only local teams that I knew of were private school girls teams. Lol. Never heard of guys playing it. I’m sure there were clubs. It’s just not a big sport out here.
Girl’s lacrosse is like a completely different sport. They need to redo it and make it more like the Men’s game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT