ADVERTISEMENT

Do you like college basketball and the NBA?

How would you describe yourself?

• Like NBA but not CBB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love college ball. College basketball is easily my favorite sport. I love most all sports though and certainly like the NBA. I don't have a 'team' that I follow really but watch a lot of games throughout the year.

I understand why people wouldn't be all in on the NBA but can never understand how people can't appreciate how incredible the basketball is.

Shocked he hasn't deleted this yet

I like Wright, but it's hard to defend that foolishness. It's not hard to see why KC people might have more interest in college than NBA. They have KU but no pro team.

The other guys' take is pretty ridiculous too. We get it. Better players. That doesn't automatically equate to a more entertaining product. Shouldn't be that hard to see how certain aspects of the modern NBA and its culture could be annoying or boring to some.

Like both and love that they have separate postseasons so I get two different basketball postseasons to enjoy.

Reactions: ozfrog
I watch all the NBA playoff games and follow the standings during the year to see who gets what seed in the postseason. In most years, I watch regular college games 4 or 5 times a week.

Reactions: ozfrog and UL_1986
Really only follow NBA to keep up with UVA players in the league. Then I’ll watch NBA playoffs. Can’t remember the last time I watched an entire NBA regular season game.

I don't hate the NBA or anything. Just never been real passionate about it. Truth be told, I have lost a lot of my passion for college basketball over the past few years. Just not what it used to be.

Reactions: UL_1986 and sgrooms
I like both, but the last 5 or so years I’ve paid more attention to the NBA as it’s a way better product.

Reactions: Deepelm
I don't hate the NBA or anything. Just never been real passionate about it. Truth be told, I have lost a lot of my passion for college basketball over the past few years. Just not what it used to be.
I think a lot of diehards like posters on this board feel similar. I think Kentucky and Duke fans feel it the most because of roster turnover.

NBA is a go to when having something on. Sometimes don't actually sit and watch until late in close games.

Come in, and put on a game. Then do shit around the house. It's kind of the way i've always done it despite the product on the floor.

I used to watch a fair amount of NBA. In the past 7-10 years, I've put all my eggs in the college hoops basket. Just seems like there's not enough time to watch all the games I want, so of course I'm not going to have time for the NBA. I usually don't watch an entire NBA game until the playoffs.

I love both. When I came back to basketball about 4-5 years ago after not watching the sport for about 15 years I started as just a CBB fan. But, then Lonzo Ball and Trae Young showed up and I decided I didn't want to stop watching them just because their one year of college was over.

So I followed Lonzo to the NBA and then a year later Trae. Became a diehard Hawks fan, got league pass and haven't missed a Hawks game since Trae got there. I also try to watch other guys I like and their teams like Luka and Dallas, Ja and Memphis, Lamelo and Charlotte. I end up watching a lot of NBA.

Love both but there's no denying the NBA is better ball. I look at it this way. Whenever there is a ridiculously good play I call my wife over to check it out or at least pick her head up from her phone to take a look. For a NBA game I end up doing that several times during a game. For a college game that might happen once every couple games unless it's Gonzaga.

I enjoy the competitiveness of the college game, but the level of play is really mediocre these days.

Love seeing the elite skill in the NBA.

I like the NBA playoffs. Don't watch much regular season. Love college ball.

This Nails it for me as well. Except I won’t even watch the playoffs if it’s clear as day who will be in the finals like the GS-Cavs years or even the Miami years where u knew before the first game of the season who was winning the trophy, and who they were beating to get it.

I like both, but the last 5 or so years I’ve paid more attention to the NBA as it’s a way better product.
It is really a superior product in almost every way. The only reason I watch a much CBB as NBA is to cheer for my alma mater. That and I was raised to love CBB.

Reactions: UL_1986 and ozfrog
I like CBB better, but to go from watching mostly college kids to the NBA playoffs is like going from a mountain bike to motorcycle. The NBA skill is out of this world, but the format, personalities, fan bases just leave a lot to be desired.

Shocked he hasn't deleted this yet

He doesn't need to bring race into it, but the point stands. The NBA is a far superior product. College basketball is great for the atmosphere, the storylines, the rivalries and March Madness. The games themselves are drastically inferior to the NBA.

College football is different. While the NFL is naturally full of better players(you obviously play college to make the NFL) I can watch a high level college football game and then watch an NFL game and not see the drastic difference that you would see from college hoops to the NBA.

The only reason I like college basketball more is purely irrational fandom. NBA is better in every way from a talent and skill perspective.

The only reason I like college basketball more is purely irrational fandom. NBA is better in every way from a talent and skill perspective.

Well yeah I’d hope so lol.

I think college basketball is better for other reasons, though.

-Impact of regular season games.
-Rivalries
-Atmosphere/arenas/student sections

NBA is a go to when having something on. Sometimes don't actually sit and watch until late in close games.

Come in, and put on a game. Then do shit around the house. It's kind of the way i've always done it despite the product on the floor.

Yeah, I stay up late and the family goes to bed around 9 or 9:30 so I always turn it on to the late games so catch a lot then. I'm not all in or anything but watch while talking to you clowns and stuff.

Well yeah I’d hope so lol.

I think college basketball is better for other reasons, though.

-Impact of regular season games.
-Rivalries
-Atmosphere/arenas/student sections

Yeah, I think for those of us who just really love the atmosphere and everything that goes along with college ball it is just better for us. It isn't like we think the talent or play itself is better. That wouldn't even be reasonable. There is nothing I like more than watching college basketball (in terms of watching sports) though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT