ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys miss Tubby?

Well John Calipari is still the legendary recruiter, he just needs to focus a little more on actually winning the games than just recruiting, and UK will be fine.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Tubby absolutely set the foundation for where Texas Tech is today. He recruited the players that Beard took to the E8 and NC game. Red Raiders owe him a lot for rebuilding our program after terrible years with Pat Knight and Billie Gillespie.

Had to check and make sure I wasn’t on rafters. Whew.

Had me like
confused-no.gif

We have a garbage coach in Jeff Capel but Calipari looking like a worse version of Tubby.

At least Tubby had Pitino's players and was able to win a NC.

Not sure if Calipari is the answer. Just a terrible inexcusable loss.

kentucky and cal is fine. One of our best teams ever lost to UNI in the 2nd round in 2010. another one of the same lost in 1997 in the S16 when it should have been a natty. 2020 we got robbed due to covid. All bad luck.

It’s going to happen. moving along. Kentucky has their right guy in cal.

kentucky and cal is fine. One of our best teams ever lost to UNI in the 2nd round in 2010. another one of the same lost in 1997 in the S16 when it should have been a natty. 2020 we got robbed due to covid. All bad luck.

It’s going to happen. moving along. Kentucky has their right guy in cal.
I don't know what's worse, losing or the pandering.

Cal has never once impressed me with his coaching. Hell of a recruiter. He gets more talent than anyone. But I feel like he has to have a far superior team in order to do well.

AFH was a fluke? 2012 when Self "ran out of time"?

NVM.
Dude that 2012 team was so much more talented than the KU team.

You guys smoked us this year for sure but that wasn’t coaching honestly.

Neither of those were impressive coaching jobs.

When has KU played UK and been the more talented team? Last time I can remember was KU/UK in the tourney when tubby was coaching.

Dude that 2012 team was so much more talented than the KU team.

You guys smoked us this year for sure but that wasn’t coaching honestly.

Neither of those were impressive coaching jobs.

When has KU played UK and been the more talented team? Last time I can remember was KU/UK in the tourney when tubby was coaching.
2018 is probably the only one in the Calipari era.

You’re saying he didn’t have a big talent advantage in 2012?

Hell, even this year Oscar gave him a pretty solid talent advantage.
Outside of Davis, who was better? Whitney was no push over. Can't believe you shitting on him.

Outside of Davis, who was better? Whitney was no push over. Can't believe you shitting on him.
🤣

I think Dick Vitale left them out of his preseason top 25. They had a decent starting 5 and nobody else. A walk-on guard played big minutes.

Meanwhile, Kentucky just had Anthony Davis and 5 more draft picks.

ADVERTISEMENT