ADVERTISEMENT

Did Indiana Make The Right Decision In Firing Tom Crean?

Did Indiana Make The Right Decision In Firing Tom Crean?

• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Yes, they only made the NIT his final season. But the season before produced a Big Ten Championship and NCAA Sweet Sixteen.

Should we make this a 3-4 page thread or just leave it how it is....

All depends on one poster @IUfanBorden
Ahhh, are you mad?

Yes they made the right decision. Dude is 8-33 overall in the SEC....Including 1-4 this year. This after you were hanging on his nuts b/c UGA was 7-0 vs a middle school schedule...

Hey that's not true Kansas won a title like 15 years ago not 40.
One of their whopping three.... 🤣

I know, I know....Bunch of wins, FF's, etc, etc....Blah, blah, blah...

Your choice if this thing blows up.

Choose wisely
Huh? WHo the **** are you? I mean, look, if it gets to sensitive for ya---go watch LifeTime Channel, or something...

I gave my answer: YES. He's average. Or do you think 8-33 in the SEC is good?

Helping me out? What help? My answer was yes...A simple, "yes". You're the one all worried someone was gonna bash on your man crush....

I said this can turn into a 3 page thread
You took the bait like a dummy.

It was pretty much the highest warning I have ever seen on bait but you grabbed it and now are hooked

I have more important things to do than argue about Tom Crean.

So I will unhook you because you can't help yourself it seems

I said this can turn into a 3 page thread
You took the bait like a dummy.

It wasn't pretty much the highest warning I have ever seen on bait but you grabbed it and now are hooked

I have more important things to do than argue about Tom Crean.

So I will unhook you because you can't help yourself it seems
No bait....I knew what you were doing---its what you do---Troll. Troll and troll. Its who you are, and I take your opinion on basketball about as serious as I would my neighbors cat...

No bait....I knew what you were doing---its what you do---Troll. Troll and troll. Its who you are, and I take your opinion on basketball about as serious as I would my neighbors cat...

Takes two to play.
You cannot resist.
You have to force your opinion about Tom Crean because it will hurt you if he is a great coach.

I don't know what to tell you but it doesn't seem like Indiana is doing any better

Takes two to play.
You cannot resist.
You have to force your opinion about Tom Crean because it will hurt you if he is a great coach.

I don't know what to tell you but it doesn't seem like Indiana is doing any better
I mean here is what gets me....You say I took the bait...cannot resit---Yet its you that continues.....and continues.....and continues.....And continues....

"Force" my opinion? What is this now---a victims meeting, or something? I don't have to "force" anyting...You are the only fool on here who thinks Tom Crean is a great coach...

Dude is 8-33 in the SEC, bro....

I mean here is what gets me....You say I took the bait...cannot resit---Yet its you that continues.....and continues.....and continues.....And continues....

"Force" my opinion? What is this now---a victims meeting, or something? I don't have to "force" anyting...You are the only fool on here who thinks Tom Crean is a great coach...

If it wasn't me it would have been someone else.

What I put out there was to help you out.

I put a huge warning sign on it but you didn't care and took the bait and ran...

I am going to unhook you. But there could be other baits out there

One of their whopping three.... 🤣

I know, I know....Bunch of wins, FF's, etc, etc....Blah, blah, blah...

True. That's why it's best to be a fan of a program that has both ;)

Is this one of those stupid posts you all use to argue and point and laugh like little high school girls or is it for actual dialogue? I love seeing them wallow in their own shit but yes. Just because Archie has looked mediocre at best doesn’t mean they should have kept Crean. When you get a divorce the next one doesn’t always work out. Doesn’t mean your ex wasn’t a raging lunatic. It is hilarious to watch their administration get hire after hire wrong, granted everyone did love Archie while at Dayton.

Yes, he may be 8-33. However, that has nothing to do with his time at IU. If it was time for him to go, explain why, with examples and reasons from his time at IU only.

Is this one of those stupid posts you all use to argue and point and laugh like little high school girls or is it for actual dialogue? I love seeing them wallow in their own shit but yes. Just because Archie has looked mediocre at best doesn’t mean they should have kept Crean. When you get a divorce the next one doesn’t always work out. Doesn’t mean your ex wasn’t a raging lunatic. It is hilarious to watch their administration get hire after hire wrong, granted everyone did love Archie while at Dayton.
I am hoping Dolson will not continue this fine tradition....But sadly, I think he will. Worst/best thing ever to happen to IU was Mike Davis reaching the title game---It forced Indiana's hand, with him. From Day 1 IU should have made it 100% clear to Davis---this is an interim job---Period. I loved Davis. Thought he was thrown to the wolves, and felt given the circumstances, he actually did a hell of a job, TBH. But he just was not ready for that type of job.

IU should have cut ties with Davis immediately after year one....Once they did not, it was trouble. And what happens? He takes Indiana to the title game...

Now you are stuck...

I was a Miller guy. I thought how his teams played, the style he played, he would a very good fit at IU...

So far, that looks like a big old nope...

But as you said, doesn't mean IU would have been better off keeping Crean. Would not have been . The program under him was steadily sinking....in-state recruits had zero interest in coming to IU by the end of his tenure...Cutting bait was the right move.

Yes, he may be 8-33. However, that has nothing to do with his time at IU. If it was time for him to go, explain why, with examples and reasons from his time at IU only.
I really need to explain this?

Ok......

Last 4 seasons ....

17-15, 7-11(8th B10)---No postseason
20-14, 9-9(7rh(B10)---1st round NCAA
27-8, 15-3(1st B10)---SW 16
18-16, 7-11(10th B10)---NIT 1st round loss...

2 NCAA's....1 NIT...No postseason.
7th, 8th, 1st and 10th in COnference...Only ONE conference winning record.

We were no longer getting any elite, hell even good, in-state kids. Cren had severed ties with HS's....2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 16 and 17 Indiana Mr.BBall's went elsewhere... Guys like Zak Irvin, Trey Lyles, Caleb Swannigan, , Kyle Guy, Kris Wilkes...all went elsewhere. Best get for Crean after 2011/12, was James Blackmon, Jr...every other kid in the state worth a shit, went elsewehere...They did not wanna play for the guy...That simple...

Is that enough, or do you want more?

I really need to explain this?

Ok......

Last 4 seasons ....

17-15, 7-11(8th B10)---No postseason
20-14, 9-9(7rh(B10)---1st round NCAA
27-8, 15-3(1st B10)---SW 16
18-16, 7-11(10th B10)---NIT 1st round loss...

2 NCAA's....1 NIT...No postseason.
7th, 8th, 1st and 10th in COnference...Only ONE conference winning record.

We were no longer getting any elite, hell even good, in-state kids. Cren had severed ties with HS's....2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 16 and 17 Indiana Mr.BBall's went elsewhere... Guys like Zak Irvin, Trey Lyles, Caleb Swannigan, , Kyle Guy, Kris Wilkes...all went elsewhere. Best get for Crean after 2011/12, was James Blackmon, Jr...every other kid in the state worth a shit, went elsewehere...They did not wanna play for the guy...That simple...

Is that enough, or do you want more?

That is fine. Actually, I agree totally! I was having a disagreement with someone who didn't think he should have been fired. Now, I have more reasons to show him why it was the right decision.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
That is fine. Actually, I agree totally! I was having a disagreement with someone who didn't think he should have been fired. Now, I have more reasons to show him why it was the right decision.
Happy to help---You need more "ammo:, let me know---I am here Mon-Sun----8am-9pm...Apppointment only though on Sundays...

Yes. I think they knew what they were going to get with Crean and it just wasn’t going to be good enough. It would have been a lot of okay-ish years, a few much better and a few much worse.

Remains to be seen if Miller will end up being the right guy long-term, but I can’t blame them for not wanting what Crean was likely to give them.

I know it’s not part of the question, but I think a place like UGA could be a good spot for Crean. He is a good coach, the state has a lot of high school talent to recruit, and the expectations shouldn’t be above his head.

I was asking someone on another board about Crean, and he had quite an interesting response:

The biggest problem with Crean isn't his lack of knowledge, it's his lack of a tolerable personality. It's a foregone conclusion that he'll eventually burn bridges everywhere he coaches because he's truly a miserable person. I personally know half a dozen people who have either worked with him directly or have spent enough time around him to judge his character. They all hate him.

He has a domineering personality and treats his subordinates poorly. He's refused, on multiple occasions, to sign memorabilia for charity. He got a caterer fired for pouring the "wrong type of water" at a banquet. He's yelled at cheerleaders (as in, face turning red, nearly unhinged) for taking too long to get off the court. One of my friends described him as a "pit of misery" and another said that he's notorious for never tipping in and around Milwaukee. He's good on tv and he's probably a decent enough coach (certainly better than he showed at IU), but man, I wouldn't be able to deal with him for 5 minutes and I suspect that's not uncommon.

I was asking someone on another board about Crean, and he had quite an interesting response:

The biggest problem with Crean isn't his lack of knowledge, it's his lack of a tolerable personality. It's a foregone conclusion that he'll eventually burn bridges everywhere he coaches because he's truly a miserable person. I personally know half a dozen people who have either worked with him directly or have spent enough time around him to judge his character. They all hate him.

He has a domineering personality and treats his subordinates poorly. He's refused, on multiple occasions, to sign memorabilia for charity. He got a caterer fired for pouring the "wrong type of water" at a banquet. He's yelled at cheerleaders (as in, face turning red, nearly unhinged) for taking too long to get off the court. One of my friends described him as a "pit of misery" and another said that he's notorious for never tipping in and around Milwaukee. He's good on tv and he's probably a decent enough coach (certainly better than he showed at IU), but man, I wouldn't be able to deal with him for 5 minutes and I suspect that's not uncommon.

Negative ppl are bad enough, aholes are intolerable.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT