ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else not know the Big-Ten tournament already started?

Gater4Life

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2004
When they advertised the Big-Ten tournament semifinals I assumed it was for women's basketball. Moving it up a week stinks.

Didn't help matters that the tourney is all on the Big 10 Network.

Edit: The semifinals are on CBS. Switching the TV in that direction now.

Yea, how did they do this? I wish KU could play this early and get hella rest for the NCAA's.

I've always hated that the sec tourney ends on selection Sunday. I'd be happy if they just moved it up a day. We've been told repeatedly and there's evidence to support it in how the teams have been seeded that the sec championship game has no bearing on seeding. Which is total crap because that's typically the type of game that can bump a team up a seed.

Had no idea. Turned on MSU/Mich and was like "WTF Michigan is ranked fifth?".

Reactions: sven187
I've always hated that the sec tourney ends on selection Sunday. I'd be happy if they just moved it up a day. We've been told repeatedly and there's evidence to support it in how the teams have been seeded that the sec championship game has no bearing on seeding. Which is total crap because that's typically the type of game that can bump a team up a seed.
I think the big 12 moved it up

I went to Wednesday night and Friday night's games, so I was aware!

I think they plan on doing this every 4 or 5 years.

I think the big 12 moved it up

After the Bradley debacle, KU was the co big 12 champs with Texas and defeated them in the conference championship game on a Sunday. They were the higher seed and the loss didn’t impact them.

There has been a media led narrative that the B1G tourney in MSG would flop with no fan support. The 19,000+ fans that were in MSG last night showed why the B1G always leads the nation in seats sold. I was there to witness the games and it was rocking in the garden.

Reactions: GE Nole and Mgkcbb
ADVERTISEMENT