ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul Is Doing Some GOOD Recruiting.

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
They are doing quite well for 2019. Yes, DePaul Hoops has been down for a long time. Coaching has had a bit to do with it. We will see how much higher Coach Letaio can take them. But possibly a bigger reason for the drought has been DePaul being such a hard sell for recruiting due to playing at the AllState Arena for so many years. That new venue of theirs looks nice.

They are doing quite well for 2019. Yes, DePaul Hoops has been down for a long time. Coaching has had a bit to do with it. We will see how much higher Coach Letaio can take them. But possibly a bigger reason for the drought has been DePaul being such a hard sell for recruiting due to playing at the AllState Arena for so many years. That new venue of theirs looks nice.

I don't think its the new venue that is bringing in recruits...

As a Catholic myself, I like seeing the Catholic schools succeed.
I’ve just always found it very odd that a Catholic school goes by the name Blue Demons.

As a Catholic myself, I like seeing the Catholic schools succeed.
I’ve just always found it very odd that a Catholic school goes by the name Blue Demons.
"The origin of the Blue Demons nickname dates back to 1907 when the university changed its name from St. Vincent's College to its current form. At the time, the athletic teams had red uniforms with a large "D" on the front. After an announcer referred to the players as the "D-men," the moniker stuck and eventually evolved into "Demons." The "blue" was part of an attempt to distinguish the university's players from those of its now-defunct high school DePaul Academy. The former wore red with a blue "D," while the latter adopted the reverse.The official athletic colors are scarlet and royal blue."

I fully endorse this thread.

Don't follow recruiting OP, how bout some details?

I wonder what kind of internal argument he had with himself about whether or not he should lift his own personal ban.
Lol. I just wish the part of him that wanted to stay banned would've won the argument.

I think what can't be overlooked is the intimidation factor DePaul now brings to recruiting. Last year we paid big money to get Tiger Campbell and then that POS left us at the alter and I'm guessing kept the cash we gave him in the process.

Fast forward a year and Tiger Campbell's got himself a busted up knee and is out for the year.

Don't **** with DePaul.

UCLA has hit the injury bug before a single preseason game... Tyger Campbell and Shareef O'Neal are out for the season. Olesinksi is out for 2-3 months... Did DePaul (or anyone) really pay Campbell, though?

UCLA has hit the injury bug before a single preseason game... Tyger Campbell and Shareef O'Neal are out for the season. Olesinksi is out for 2-3 months... Did DePaul (or anyone) really pay Campbell, though?

I'm sure we paid him. He's from the same high school as Bowen. We tried to pay Bowen. Bowen's high school coach is now an assistant at DePaul.

So we either paid Campbell or he transferred because he found out his buddy got offered $200,000 and he was pissed he got nothing so he left?

I wonder what kind of internal argument he had with himself about whether or not he should lift his own personal ban.

Did he ban himself from this site, this forum or from that thread?
I thought it was just the thread.

I fully endorse this thread.

Don't follow recruiting OP, how bout some details?

https://depaul.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2019

4* PG Markese Jacobs
4* SG Romeo Weems
3* SG Oscar Lopez Jr

Tons of offers still out, the Blue Demons look to lose 3 to graduation and have one kid currently redshirting (Hall, 3.5*) and also get Jalen Coleman-Lands (former Illini) this season after he rs'd last season.

I really hope Jacobs does some good work in college.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
This is a DePaul thread. We average one thread every 3 years. The least you ***** can do is keep your child molesting Michigan State thoughts to yourself.

Schools can do a lot worse thsn covering up rape from numerous athletes from multiple sports inside the athletic department over the course of many years so dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Josh Langford is going to lead my Spartans to the promised land this year and Izzo will add another ribbon and lapel for you haters.

Schools can do a lot worse thsn covering up rape from numerous athletes from multiple sports inside the athletic department over the course of many years so dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Josh Langford is going to lead my Spartans to the promised land this year and Izzo will add another ribbon and lapel for you haters.
I mean this has to be sarcasm right?

Reactions: Jaycg15
I mean this has to be sarcasm right?

Im just saying, Michigan State and its athletic department is the real victim here. ESPN is out to get MSUs athletic department with that bullshit report OTL did showing all the sexual assaults that went unpunished.

Im just saying, Michigan State and its athletic department is the real victim here. ESPN is out to get MSUs athletic department with that bullshit report OTL did showing all the sexual assaults that went unpunished.

no no no, the real victim here is DePaul getting screwed out of it's only thread by you. In a way, you're DePaul's Dr. Nassar. Now please stop trying to insert your fingers into this thread.

The real victims are the actual rape victims dude, not an athletic department. Good Christ...

Reactions: Mgkcbb
How does that work? You only vacate wins and appearances right?

@Kevin Bryan

"
Rivals Message Boards - Error
As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!
"

I can't even go to the link given prior to @ a mod there to fix it. Not letting me post there or here.

Last edited:
The real victims are the actual rape victims dude, not an athletic department. Good Christ...

First of all, Im glad you agree with me. MSU is in no way, shape, or form a victim here. Its a large collection of scumbags scumbagging.

I was just repeating verbatim what MileHighSpartan has said to me multiple times on this topic. I thought, if Depaulfan is going to accuse me of being an MSU fan I might as well play the part.

But I digress, back to Depaul recruiting.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Yet another instance of Matt18Jones going back on his word. Banned first time by mods, came back under a new username. Then self-banned himself from this forum after making a stupid bet on Arizona, yet here he is again. Sent this PM after he repeatedly brought up the MSU accusations, and yet here he is again bringing it up... this time in a Depaul thread.

KK5W0Xe.png

How does that work? You only vacate wins and appearances right?

@Kevin Bryan

"
Rivals Message Boards - Error
As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!
"

I can't even go to the link given prior to @ a mod there to fix it. Not letting me post there or here.
I'll message him for you.

ADVERTISEMENT