ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Kansas and Michigan State:

Nobody outside of your own fans care about your game, so for the sake of American economic productivity on Wednesday, could you please not go to OT?

Thanks.
I've been a bit concerned about this. IDK what it is about MSU, but their games always seem to take forever. I hate it when UK gets the 9:00 timeslot and MSU (vs anyone) is in the 7:00 slot. Ugh.

Everyone is just handing KU the win in that game, but I wouldn't be surprised if State gives them a scare or steals it at the end.

3OT. Let's go!

Just kidding. Want KU to kick ass tonight.

I have to get off work early to watch the game. 7:00 EST equates to 3:00 here in Alaska. Wishing we had the night cap myself.

Except for like, last year when Duke and MSU were #1 and #2 in the country. And the game was a lot more enjoyable than the KU / UK game. And had more viewers and a higher rating.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/11/champions-classic-ratings-duke-msu/

Yep and if MSU lands one of Carey/Stewart we will be top 5 or better to start next year.

And in 2013, Kentucky was #1 and MSU was #2 when they played. Another great game.

And in 2015, MSU and Kansas played an epic game.

No disrespect to MSU, but KU/Duke-KU/UK-Duke/UK will always be the marquee game.
No disrespect to your not disrespecting, but it changes from year to year. On years when MSU has some marque players and is highly ranked, those games are highly anticipated.

Nobody outside of your own fans care about your game, so for the sake of American economic productivity on Wednesday, could you please not go to OT?

Thanks.
Kansas is preseason #1 right? I, for one, am very interested in their game.

Do people actually go to bed before Midnight anyway? :eek:

Kansas is preseason #1 right? I, for one, am very interested in their game.

Do people actually go to bed before Midnight anyway? :eek:

Those people with small children and who wake up early, sure, you SOB:)

No disrespect to your not disrespecting, but it changes from year to year. On years when MSU has some marque players and is highly ranked, those games are highly anticipated.
Has nothing to do with the quality of play---Im talking about the national media attention it will receive. MSU is a tough matchup everytime.

Reactions: kdavid45
average rank for the 4 schools when they are in this game:
UK:2.5
Duke:4.25
KU:5.625
MSU:13.25 (they were unranked in the first game so i gave them 26 for that game).

Notes: Kentucky is the most consistent, MSU has done the better job in playing up to the competition. Best game: MSU 78- UK 74 When both were ranked 2 and 1. Worst game: UK 72-KU 40. 32 point blowout that wasn't even that close.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
ADVERTISEMENT