ADVERTISEMENT

De'Andre Hunter most valuable player of all time?

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
He gets injured before the tourney and UVA loses to a 16 seed by 20 points.

He's fully healthy this year and UVA wins it all.

Given the circumstances, I can't think of a more valuable player than Dre.

hunter-shot.jpg

For UVA probably.... but you might want to take a look at the clutch shooting. saved your ass on more than 1 occaision

It is his length.
The guy is 6-7 with a 7-0 wingspan.

Was very impressed with him and think he will be an elite NBA player.
Atlanta is going to be good if they can get Trae Young to buy in on defense.

Hunter can play pretty much any position if needed on both ends of the court.

But it is his defense that everyone is looking past.
Was one of the main reasons why UVA had an elite defense.

Reactions: jhmossy
It is his length.
The guy is 6-7 with a 7-0 wingspan.

Was very impressed with him and think he will be an elite NBA player.
Atlanta is going to be good if they can get Trae Young to buy in on defense.

Hunter can play pretty much any position if needed on both ends of the court.

But it is his defense that everyone is looking past.
Was one of the main reasons why UVA had an elite defense.
I dunno if he'll be an elite player or even an all star, but with his shooting, length, and defense, it feels like his floor is quality 3 and D starter. Almost like a 6'8 Danny Green type with more versatility.

He's like the perfect role player in today's league, and thought he would've been a really smart choice to pair with the Pelicans young core...instead they drafted down and got a guy who has massive bust potential.

I dunno if he'll be an elite player or even an all star, but with his shooting, length, and defense, it feels like his floor is quality 3 and D starter. Almost like a 6'8 Danny Green type with more versatility.

He's like the perfect role player in today's league, and thought he would've been a really smart choice to pair with the Pelicans young core...instead they drafted down and got a guy who has massive bust potential.

Who is an elite player in the NBA is debatable.
Most get caught up with stats and not understand that stats don't determine the importance of a player.

Hunter has a chance to be that type of player in the NBA.
Not saying he won't average 17-18 PPG but what Hunter provides can't be measured by stats.

Regarding what New Orleans did.
Zion is going to be their 3/4 with Brandon Ingram.
They needed size. Hayes has the ability to be a double double machine in the NBA while providing elite D off the pick and roll and underneath.

The guy needs to add about 25-35 more pounds.
Don't think he will be the player that can really impact the game until he is 22-23.

There wasn't another 5 with his upside in the draft.

The goat did this in his nba debut for the hawks

Hunter finished with six points (on 2 of 8 shooting, three rebounds and four turnovers.

He'll will be a good one, once he dusts off the uva way of playing...

Who is an elite player in the NBA is debatable.
Most get caught up with stats and not understand that stats don't determine the importance of a player.

Hunter has a chance to be that type of player in the NBA.
Not saying he won't average 17-18 PPG but what Hunter provides can't be measured by stats.

Regarding what New Orleans did.
Zion is going to be their 3/4 with Brandon Ingram.
They needed size. Hayes has the ability to be a double double machine in the NBA while providing elite D off the pick and roll and underneath.

The guy needs to add about 25-35 more pounds.
Don't think he will be the player that can really impact the game until he is 22-23.

There wasn't another 5 with his upside in the draft.
I understand the need for a 5, I just think that a wing like Hunter would've been a perfect role player -- with the potential to be much more -- to go along with guys like Jrue and Zion...and also think that Hayes has a high chance of being a bust. I'm also not very high on Ingram.

I understand the need for a 5, I just think that a wing like Hunter would've been a perfect role player -- with the potential to be much more -- to go along with guys like Jrue and Zion...and also think that Hayes has a high chance of being a bust. I'm also not very high on Ingram.

New Orleans needed value.
Atlanta gave up a lot for that pick.

Both Hayes and Alexander-Walker look like they belong.
Give NO an exciting young team. Jrue Holiday isn't going to stay with the Pels much longer.

Jaxson Hayes needs to get bigger, needs to play with solid guards and become a better rebounder.

But he doesn't have a total bust factor because of wingspan and athleticism.
Will he develop into an All Star...
I don't think so but at the very least he will provide 20-25 solid minutes on the floor.

Atlanta didn't get DeAndre Hunter cheap like I said.

ADVERTISEMENT