ADVERTISEMENT

Dawson Garcia (UNC)

cmore79

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2014
Rumors that he was promised around 1M in NIL deals at UNC...

Super weird. Forgot where he transferred from, if it was marquette he shoulda stayed put. Hope he doesnt get his year of eligibility if he just quit to get another 🤷‍♂️

Super weird. Forgot where he transferred from, if it was marquette he shoulda stayed put. Hope he doesnt get his year of eligibility if he just quit to get another 🤷‍♂️
Marquette.

rumors of covid hitting his family particularly hard and that has played a major role in this.

Reactions: KisteK
Couldn’t happen to a better program. Hope his family situation is resolved.

Probably just doesn't want to play for Hubert. He really doesn't play all that much some games anyway. I was very happy about the Manek transfer but was kind of ambivalent about Garcia. I thought he would flash at times but mostly be pretty quiet. I hated the McKoy transfer and think the fact he plays is the biggest indictment there is regarding Hubert.

The reason he isn't with the team is because his family has some tough things they are dealing with. That can be true alongside he not being particularly happy with how things have gone this year as well.

UNC sucks in regards to NIL. They need to get their **** together and figure something out.

Last edited:
Without knowing too much about Garcia, he seems like a low-energy guy who probably plays better when a coach trusts him enough to start him, even if he doesn't necessarily merit the start. Some guys play better when given the benefit of the doubt. Garcia struck me as one of those guys.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT