ADVERTISEMENT

Dance seeding- where does your team belong?

UT has the ranking, both human and computer everything else will work itself out if UT continues to win. Just like everyone else.

Unfortunately, the committee really places a high emphasis on those Q1 and Q2 wins. Not saying Tennessee isn’t elite. Been plenty of elite teams that get a 2 seed or even 3 seed.

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
Unfortunately, the committee really places a high emphasis on those Q1 and Q2 wins. Not saying Tennessee isn’t elite. Been plenty of elite teams that get a 2 seed or even 3 seed.
We play a quad 1 today and have more scheduled, so it's not a problem of scheduling. We just have to manage our business like everyone else has to. We are in the catbirds seat at this particular moment though.

We play a quad 1 today and have more scheduled, so it's not a problem of scheduling. We just have to manage our business like everyone else has to. We are in the catbirds seat at this particular moment though.

Yeah but a lot of teams still have lots of Q1 opps left. You’re right in a sense that winning 95% of your remaining games will likely be enough. But your margin of error is less.

Tennessee has 3 Q1 wins right now. Purdue has 8. Kansas and Arizona both have 7. Even Bama has 6.

That’s a big difference. You ain’t likely catching all the way up to Purdue.

Yeah but a lot of teams still have lots of Q1 opps left. You’re right in a sense that winning 95% of your remaining games will likely be enough. But your margin of error is less.

Tennessee has 3 Q1 wins right now. Purdue has 8. Kansas and Arizona both have 7. Even Bama has 6.

That’s a big difference. You ain’t likely catching all the way up to Purdue.
Haha, we are ahead of Purdue in Net. If Purdue drops an egg she will fall like a lead balloon. We are in the same boat.

Haha, we are ahead of Purdue in Net. If Purdue drops an egg she will fall like a lead balloon. We are in the same boat.

They don’t just take the top 4 in NET and make them the 1 seeds. That’s not how it works. The rating is just one component of the resume. Who you beat and where you beat them matters a lot.

They don’t just take the top 4 in NET and make them the 1 seeds. That’s not how it works. The rating is just one component of the resume. Who you beat and where you beat them matters a lot.
GE,

If you get your ass beat you will drop. If you win and have good teams scheduled you'll be fine. That is true for all of us.

GE,

If you get your ass beat you will drop. If you win and have good teams scheduled you'll be fine. That is true for all of us.

I’m not sure where you think I’m arguing with that. It’s obvious Tennessee is an elite team and will very likely be a 1 or 2 seed barring a total collapse.

All I said was, the biggest thing working against Tenn right now when it comes to a 1 seed is a relative lack of Q1 wins.

I’m not sure where you think I’m arguing with that. It’s obvious Tennessee is an elite team and will very likely be a 1 or 2 seed barring a total collapse.

All I said was, the biggest thing working against Tenn right now when it comes to a 1 seed is a relative lack of Q1 wins.
s-l400.jpg

Yeah, but I addressed that by talking schedule. But, it's all good cause...

Last edited:
The win today certainly helps our case. Our defense in the first half was top notch. Texas is no slouch.

On to the rest of the schedule..Time to chomp on some gator tail

Reactions: della and GE Nole
Didn’t read the thread, but the Big 12 is going to beat each other up, and the winner should get a 1 seed.

They will most likely have 6 teams as a 5 seed or better.

I think KU finishes the season 7-3 and wins the Big 12 and gets the 1 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT