ADVERTISEMENT

Damn Coach Fran. This is going to be a 5-pager

Looked like Illinois players got a little chippy with the Iowa kid with a couple seconds left. Who knows what happened out there all game though.

Btw, most are reporting that it stemmed from Joe Weiskamp getting a breakaway dunk after he got behind the Illinois press late in the game.

It was literally Illinois' fault that they gave up the basket and their staff was salty about it.

Iowa was up 8 at that point before the score with about 12 seconds left and Illinois quickly went down, hit a 3 and then called a timeout, so they were obviously not done trying to make a comeback.

They were just truly salty that they let the score get away from them at the end. Laughing

It was already discussed in two other threads by people who care and who know that Iowa > Duke.....

You're welcome. :)
Yeah but the sports media will largely ignore it. Meanwhile K yells at the students for what he thought was them being rude to a former player/coach and that's all anyone wants to talk about.

Looked like Illinois players got a little chippy with the Iowa kid with a couple seconds left. Who knows what happened out there all game though.

I was watching the game—really good back and forth action. Garza hit a dagger three with about 90 seconds left.

Anyway, Iowa threw a bomb and the kid dunked it emphatically up 8 with about 15 seconds left. Then when Iowa grabbed the rebound on Illinois’ last miss, Illinois tried to foul but the refs wouldn’t call it (game was over). The Iowa player was mad at being wrapped up and started to throw an elbow, but stopped short.

Then the Illinois assistant coach took exception to it. And Fran told him to eff off.

I'm with Fran on this one. **** Illinois.

You dunk that ball every single time, especially at home over the top team in the conference. Underwood's timeout was cringeworthy and and Illinois trying to foul or whatever you call that at the end was embarrassing. Crazy how poorly their coaches and fans have taken this loss.

You dunk that ball every single time, especially at home over the top team in the conference. Underwood's timeout was cringeworthy and and Illinois trying to foul or whatever you call that at the end was embarrassing. Crazy how poorly their coaches and fans have taken this loss.

I agree with everything you just wrote—but I’m still looking forward to the rematch in Champaign.

Reactions: northeastspartan
Yeah but the sports media will largely ignore it. Meanwhile K yells at the students for what he thought was them being rude to a former player/coach and that's all anyone wants to talk about.

Lol, K is the coach at a blue blood program. Dude losing his mind and throwing a tantrum is going to be news. Two coaches, only one of which people sort of kind of know, telling each other to F off isn't going to be that big of a deal. Plus, has the sports media really made that big a deal out of it and I missed it? Roy telling the truth about his players (which I will admit I didn't care for) caused a bigger stink.

Lol, K is the coach at a blue blood program. Dude losing his mind and throwing a tantrum is going to be news. Two coaches, only one of which people sort of kind of know, telling each other to F off isn't going to be that big of a deal. Plus, has the sports media really made that big a deal out of it and I missed it? Roy telling the truth about his players (which I will admit I didn't care for) caused a bigger stink.
...I’m curious which of the two the public sort of kinda knows

I know Izzo loves a good last second dunking.

He didn’t shake Tuckers hand til he was a senior after that.

Last edited:
I know Izzo loves a good last second dunking.

He didn’t shake Tuckers hand til he was a senior after that

9330eccb.gif

Last edited:
Won’t be a five pager because nobody gives a shit about these two guys or their teams.

You guys REALLY think highly of yourselves, huh?

Not saying this is you, but RE: your fans in general ... hot take: if you’re not from NC or a Duke alum (or someone in the family or whatever), you look like a giant tool being elitist about a program you latched onto.

I mean, yeah ... wasn’t just random outrage over a dunk. Chippy game the whole way, and Garza staring down the Illinois bench and just generally being a pretty cocky acting guy contributed to the bad blood. Not defending UI coaches, but it’s not like it was your average game and this randomly broke out.

Oh yeah, and we win by double digits in Champaign, IMO. Either way, will be a crazy atmosphere.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Honestly with how Izzo acts after every loss...I’m not sure a MSU fan should be throwing stones about how other coaches have acted after a loss

I mean, yeah ... wasn’t just random outrage over a dunk. Chippy game the whole way, and Garza staring down the Illinois bench and just generally being a pretty cocky acting guy contributed to the bad blood. Not defending UI coaches, but it’s not like it was your average game and this randomly broke out.

Oh yeah, and we win by double digits in Champaign, IMO. Either way, will be a crazy atmosphere.
Nah.

Iowa > Illinois

"We'll see."

You're missing the point, kid.......SmokinSmile

ADVERTISEMENT