ADVERTISEMENT

Dakitch destroying Bagley

I don't think you have watched many Duke games if this is your take on Allen, Jimbo. There have been so many games where he has taken less than ten shots and had 6 or 7 assists. We have been screaming for him to take more shots most of the season. Last night he passed the ball a lot, it doesn't show in the stat sheet because a lot of his passes were bad turnovers and guys were missing their shots. He also took a lot of shots in that game, but for the most part, he has been one of the better passers on the team.
Allen is a flopper and a tripper with mental issues, but he is not selfish. He has a ton of talent and skills. I just wish he would focus on playing ball and stop the theatrics.

Allen is a flopper and a tripper with mental issues, but he is not selfish. He has a ton of talent and skills. I just wish he would focus on playing ball and stop the theatrics.
trumpwasphone-4MB.gif

Reactions: TheDude1
Grayson needs to learn he's not the best player on this team and pass more. Bagley, Carter, and Trent all need more shots than he does.

Eh, agreed with Letsgo here... Grayson has actually deferred a little TOO much at times this year. His shooting last night was rough, though.

Agreed that Carter needs more shots. Carter ALWAYS needs more shots.

Ahhh, so you do NOT think Duke gets favored treatment from the refs? Ever? Normally you are a good poster, but if you deny this, then you are wearing blinders.

I do not think the refs are intimidated by K.

I do not think that K rides the refs in some way that other coaches do not.

I think home teams tend to get calls.

I think away teams tend not to get calls.

I think certain styles of plays create more fouls, other styles create less.

I do not think the NCAA or refs actively look to help Duke in any way.

I think lots of fans let their biases get in the way of being rational, with certain fan bases being particularly bad, and certain teams (generally successful ones) drawing a lot of ire.

Politics aside, he has given us some FANTASTIC memes.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SpartanJD
I don't think you have watched many Duke games if this is your take on Allen, Jimbo. There have been so many games where he has taken less than ten shots and had 6 or 7 assists. We have been screaming for him to take more shots most of the season. Last night he passed the ball a lot, it doesn't show in the stat sheet because a lot of his passes were bad turnovers and guys were missing their shots. He also took a lot of shots in that game, but for the most part, he has been one of the better passers on the team.
Admittedly, I have only watched 5 or 6 games, so I'm not speaking from the same sample size you are. I also think that Duke guys seem to prop up Allen a little higher than most fans would, not including the fans that don't like Allen, because I have nothing against the kid. But just from a neutral perspective, he just doesn't seem to be the player some make him out to be. He's a very good college player, but I think he tries to be "the guy" maybe a little more often than he should, especially on this team. But since you are a Duke guy, I will definitely take notice of what you said next time they play on TV.

I have hard time believing anyone believes K doesn’t work the officials harder than most coaches. If we want to talk fan bias, believe that is a great place to start. He isn’t the only one at all but does it more than most.

Lol you're so dumb that you think repeating something is spinning.

i find hypocrites like you laughable
you call others out for doing the exact same thing you do

you have the worst kind of hypocritical arrogance, you think your cup is always full

I’ve seen it several times over the years. It isn’t against the rules or anything so not sure why anyone would act like it doesn’t happen.

My comment was TIC. Perhaps you missed the 2015 natty.

Dakich is a strange guy. I generally like people who aren't afraid to say whatever they feel so don't mind him in that regard. However, he has some really terrible takes at times (the Bridges stuff was baffling) and will slam a team hard one day and then praise them a week later. Still, while kind of a jerk he can be entertaining to listen to sometimes because he just doesn't GAF.

Dakitch is a major a**hole to begin with. For every word that falls out of his mouth he becomes an even bigger a**hole.

Reactions: Quavarius
We know Roy a saint and doesn’t talk the refs like that sob K. Amirite?

Why are you calling K a SOB? Roy certainly isn't a saint (though don't think being a saint has much to do with foul language anyway) but I don't think most Duke fans deny the way K talks to the officials and that it is definitely more aggressive and consistent than Roy. I didn't think this was even a controversial point (or that big a deal).

Why are you calling K a SOB? Roy certainly isn't a saint (though don't think being a saint has much to do with foul language anyway) but I don't think most Duke fans deny the way K talks to the officials and that it is definitely more aggressive and consistent than Roy. I didn't think this was even a controversial point (or that big a deal).
Eh, every coach whines at the officials all game long. Every coach is different how they go about it. They all do it and at times maybe more and at times maybe less than their contemporaries. I sat behind UNC’s bench a couple times this winter for games. Roy was pretty consistently going after the refs both times. Not just here or there.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
Eh, every coach whines at the officials all game long. Every coach is different how they go about it. They all do it and at times maybe more and at times maybe less than their contemporaries. I sat behind UNC’s bench a couple times this winter for games. Roy was pretty consistently going after the refs both times. Not just here or there.

Yeah, they certainly don't all go about it the same or as much but you believe what you want, Denn.

Reactions: lerario
I'm just throwing this out there. Dakitch brought up a point of K calling a timeout and calling the ref to come over. He said the ref shouldn't be beckoned.

Would K get upset if the ref didn't come over? Said ref has that right.

There's plenty of times Duke calls a timeout where they inbound the ball next to the Duke bench. Isn't that enough to have a ref next to him?

I'm just throwing this out there. Dakitch brought up a point of K calling a timeout and calling the ref to come over. He said the ref shouldn't be beckoned.

Would K get upset if the ref didn't come over? Said ref has that right.

There's plenty of times Duke calls a timeout where they inbound the ball next to the Duke bench. Isn't that enough to have a ref next to him?
I’m guessing yes K would get upset but that tough titties for him.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
tenor.gif

Come on, man. You know K works then refs like a $2 hooker, whereas Roy is more of a w(h)ine and dine ‘em sorta gentleman.

To each his own.
I know that. No doubt. Which is what I was saying in an earlier post. It’s part of the game. Working for calls is nothing new.

Reactions: 829305
I know that. No doubt. Which is what I was saying in an earlier post. It’s part of the game. Working for calls is nothing new.
No doubt. Calipari works the refs as they rotate, whoever is closest to him he's talking.

Granted, I haven't seen him call a timeout and spend the whole time talking to him. Pretty sure he'd get a technical. :D

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I guess Jockitch forgot K played for Knight. Wonder where K gets it from? Jockitch must hate Knight as well huh? K, Rupp, Dean, Knight all intimidated refs. They all have something in common.

A reporter once asked Rupp why he hardly ever got a T. Rupp replied "well, you see, most coaches run up and down the floor yelling and cussing at the refs, I stay in my chair and blast them as they run by me".

“I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.”

-Jim Valvano
RollLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT