ADVERTISEMENT

Dakitch destroying Bagley

VT did everything they could not to win. How did duke blow that?

He also got a shot in at the end about the refs. "...despite what's happening on the floor".
He has no business complaining about the refs tonight, it's cute but bullshit. Completely one sided first half, decent second half, Duke just didn't get it done. Senior night, etc. Congrats to VA Tech.

Reactions: KisteK
Grayson has to defer more now that MB is back.

It’s all good when the shots are falling, but you can’t chuck 15 threes at 25% when you’ve got the #1 pick on the block, playing against a criminally undersized team.

Just seems like they got caught playing VT’s game, especially at the end. There’s no reason Duke should have taken more 3s than VT.

Well that was 9 minutes of fun and 31 minutes of eye cancer. For me.

Don't hate this loss more than any loss. Congrats VT.

*note* You ain't making them if you ain't taking them, but for shit's sake Allen!

Frustrating game.

Allen flopping on the final shot. Classic. Duke's defense improved a ton and their offense has taken a step back.

I actually think he would shoot much better and score more if he just shot the ball. He does that an awful lot trying to get a fouls when his natural shooting ability is just too good to mess around with that.

Reactions: heelpharm
Well that was 9 minutes of fun and 31 minutes of eye cancer. For me.

Don't hate this loss more than any loss. Congrats VT.

*note* You ain't making them if you ain't taking them, but for shit's sake Allen!

Frustrating game.

Still not sure how we managed to steal that one. Bagley and Carter should have dominated for 40 minutes. VT’s “bigs” played tough as hell all night but no reason Duke should have lost that game.

VT shot the ball poorly (5/22 from 3), was out rebounded 36-19, and committed 12 TO’s. Just a weird game. You guys definitely need Trent back into form.

Still not sure how we managed to steal that one. Bagley and Carter should have dominated for 40 minutes. VT’s “bigs” played tough as hell all night but no reason Duke should have lost that game.

VT shot the ball poorly (5/22 from 3), was out rebounded 36-19, and committed 12 TO’s. Just a weird game. You guys definitely need Trent back into form.
Virginia Tech was allowed to play very physical inside with no calls, that's a lot of why Bagley and Carter couldn't get going. Is what it is, you guys played tough and won. Congrats.

If Duke loses to UNC this week and does poorly in the ACC tourney how far will they drop seed wise for the NCAA's? I think a four seed is possible but. most likely end up a three seed.

Before people start writing Duke off...

Now #2 Kenpom AdjO and #13 AdjD... best combined in the nation.

Loss now at VT doesn't matter in the grand scheme.

Before people start writing Duke off...

Now #2 Kenpom AdjO and #13 AdjD... best combined in the nation.

Loss now at VT doesn't matter in the grand scheme.
Well it does actually because it affects seeding.

Well it does actually because it affects seeding.

Eh... I know that... but to win a title, you still need to win six games. Most will be against good teams. Sucks to lose because of a small seeding implication, but plenty of teams can lose their second to last reg season game away to a tourney team by 1 and still be able to win a title.

Eh... I know that... but to win a title, you still need to win six games. Most will be against good teams. Sucks to lose because of a small seeding implication, but plenty of teams can lose their second to last reg season game away to a tourney team by 1 and still be able to win a title.
Not saying we can't but this should have been a 10+ point win regardless of officiating. Allen had a bad game and it cost us, period.

obviously it is not
you are living proof of that

remember this the next time you call someone else out for complaining about the refs

Sometimes it is legit to be irritated by some calls and feel they made a fundamental difference.

Other times, not so much.

Reffing tonight was a bit rough, and wasn't helped by some really obviously bad calls right at the end that even the announcers were floored by... the hold on Carter when he was trying to grab a loose ball with seconds left was pretty egregious.

Reactions: tw3301
obviously it is not
you are living proof of that

remember this the next time you call someone else out for complaining about the refs
Regardless of the bias whistle Duke should have won, that's on Duke no one else. I'm not blaming the refs for losing and I am not tracking down their personal phone numbers or threatening their business because I'm not a douchebag. You guys do you though.

Not saying we can't but this should have been a 10+ point win regardless of officiating. Allen had a bad game and it cost us, period.

Agreed on all points. Sometimes it happens; you just be thankful we aren't going into someone else's gym for the rest of the year and hope we don't do that again.

Reactions: tw3301
Regardless of the bias whistle Duke should have won, that's on Duke no one else. I'm not blaming the refs for losing and I am not tracking down their personal phone numbers or threatening their business because I'm not a douchebag. You guys do you though.

your post did blame the refs for allowing VT to play their game with the ruff inside play and no whistle

own it, quit being a hypocrite

your post did blame the refs for allowing VT to play their game with the ruff inside play and no whistle

own it, quit being a hypocrite
No, I said that was a lot of why Bagley and Carter couldn't get going. I know reading isn't appreciated in Kentucky but try to sound out the words and you'll get there.

No, I said that was a lot of why Bagley and Carter couldn't get going. I know reading isn't appreciated in Kentucky but try to sound out the words and you'll get there.

cute spin, keep on spinning
one day you might even believe your BS

If Duke loses to UNC this week and does poorly in the ACC tourney how far will they drop seed wise for the NCAA's? I think a four seed is possible but. most likely end up a three seed.

If that happens UNC will go to Charlotte and Duke will probably get shipped to Nashville.

jobbed by the refs
RollLaugh Duke getting jobbed by refs is the worst post i ever saw in my life. Any team that plays Duke is basically playing 5 on 8 every time. Anyone that can read lips knows how much K cusses and and rants at the refs, but yet, how many times does he get T'd up? Very few. So, don't even try this defense.

Reactions: treyforuk
RollLaugh Duke getting jobbed by refs is the worst post i ever saw in my life. Any team that plays Duke is basically playing 5 on 8 every time. Anyone that can read lips knows how much K cusses and and rants at the refs, but yet, how many times does he get T'd up? Very few. So, don't even try this defense.
It's early, but you're in the lead for dumbass of the day award.

Reactions: toonces11

I normally think that the UNC guy in KY is the worst of you two... but you are making a strong late push.

Grayson needs to learn he's not the best player on this team and pass more. Bagley, Carter, and Trent all need more shots than he does.

I normally think that the UNC guy in KY is the worst of you two... but you are making a strong late push.
Ahhh, so you do NOT think Duke gets favored treatment from the refs? Ever? Normally you are a good poster, but if you deny this, then you are wearing blinders.

Duke does not always get the calls. They do sometimes, especially at home. K has become pretty good at working officials and getting things to go in his favor a lot of the time. He is also K so gets more leeway than anyone else around. When people acknowledge this Duke fans generally get all pissy about it so I'm not sure what was expected here. Duke may have very well gotten a suspect whistle and I have zero issues with them saying as much. However, people are probably going to give some crap back to them considering how it has gone in their favor at times.

Grayson needs to learn he's not the best player on this team and pass more. Bagley, Carter, and Trent all need more shots than he does.
I don't think you have watched many Duke games if this is your take on Allen, Jimbo. There have been so many games where he has taken less than ten shots and had 6 or 7 assists. We have been screaming for him to take more shots most of the season. Last night he passed the ball a lot, it doesn't show in the stat sheet because a lot of his passes were bad turnovers and guys were missing their shots. He also took a lot of shots in that game, but for the most part, he has been one of the better passers on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT