ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse - UConn Game Thread

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
Guard play will be big. Carey is a freshman playing in place of injured 5th year senior Frank Howard. Not great so far. UConn's guards are good, as expected.

Reactions: KisteK
ACC needs this game IMO for seeding. They have dropped a couple already.

Might see the press soon. UConn's guards will probably handle it okay but their forwards might struggle.

How do you speed up the pace if you sit in a zone and bait all game?

Can extend the zone, which I'm surprised we haven't been doing as aggressively as usual. I was referencing pushing the ball up the court after rebounds, though.

Without a PG out there, SU should look to use their size and athleticism advantage. The half court offense is looking pretty bad without a facilitator.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Can extend the zone, which I'm surprised we haven't been doing as aggressively as usual. I was referencing pushing the ball up the court after rebounds, though.

Without a PG out there, SU should look to use their size and athleticism advantage. The half court offense is looking pretty bad without a facilitator.

Seems hard to do sitting back in a zone. Thays just me though.

I want to see the press. I assume JB is worried about the UConn guards beating it, but screw it. Cuse needs a shot in the arm. UConn came ready to play.

The thing I don't like about the zone...it makes rebounding harder, and Cuse needs a rebound off that 3.

Hughes for three.

I wish more coaches were likeable. Good win for UConn but all the players taking Danny's lead and mean-mugging up and down the court is a little annoying.

Whatevs, UConn looks like a top team in that conference. Congrats.

I'm hoping Iowa beats Oregon now so we'll get the chance to get back on the horse. This was a good lesson game. Gotta come ready to ball

Jalen Carey looks like a nice prospect. But 0 assists and 6 turnovers? Maybe he'd be better suited for coming off the ball. Also, how does a mediocre shooter like Brissett become a high-volume shooter? If he could be an average shooter, he'd be All-Conference, no doubt.

Good win for UConn. Hurley might have these guys back in the dance this year... I think Syracuse will still be a tough team, especially when Franklin Howard comes back.

Jalen Carey looks like a nice prospect. But 0 assists and 6 turnovers? Maybe he'd be better suited for coming off the ball. Also, how does a mediocre shooter like Brissett become a high-volume shooter? If he could be an average shooter, he'd be All-Conference, no doubt.

Good win for UConn. Hurley might have these guys back in the dance this year... I think Syracuse will still be a tough team, especially when Franklin Howard comes back.

Carey played PG all night out of necessity cuz we don't have a 4th one. He did okay, but you're right that he's a scorer not a facilitator. Cuse's best passer on the court all night was probably Marek Dolezaj lol.

Brissett was awful. He's not terribly efficient from the floor usually, but this was just trash. He has to play smarter and finish at the rim much better. I was counting on him to bully UConn's forwards.

Side note: somehow, the coach's son, Buddy, had Boeheim spelled incorrectly on his jersey.

How tf does that happen?

lol. Maybe the person responsible for the lettering on the jerseys thinks Ole James is an a-hole and did it out of spite... Probably just a careless mistake, though.

lol. Maybe the person responsible for the lettering on the jerseys thinks Ole James is an a-hole and did it out of spite... Probably just a careless mistake, though.

The worst part is that Cuse has a history of doing this. Roosevelt Bouie was getting his jersey retired... a whole halftime ceremony and everything for one of the program's greats... and they put "Bowie" on the framed jersey handed to him!

They forgot the last 'e' in Donte Greene's name once, also.

.... at a communications/journalism school!

The worst part is that Cuse has a history of doing this. Roosevelt Bouie was getting his jersey retired... a whole halftime ceremony and everything for one of the program's greats... and they put "Bowie" on the framed jersey handed to him!

They forgot the last 'e' in Donte Greene's name once, also.

.... at a communications/journalism school!

Yikes. Maybe it's time to enforce a policy with multiple approvals before making anything official.

Reactions: brooky03
Hurley coached these kids up.
I was just about to ask if this means UConn fans show up again. (wasn't there three of you?)

I watched most of the game. UConn is a good team.

...btw, Did you know UK has a winning record against every state in America, except Connecticut. I just thought this is the best thread to drop that nugget. Apparently N. Dakota sealed the deal.

49-1

ADVERTISEMENT