ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

So many people quarantining in our town. I know a handful personally. Our friend's softball team was shutdown. My football team is missing a kid tonight who is on quarantine. Two neighbors right next door to us each have a kid on quarantine. What I don't get is that the kids are on quarantine, but not mom and dad, or sis and bro? What a clusterfvck all this is. And flu season hasn't even hit! Buckle up...

So many people quarantining in our town. I know a handful personally. Our friend's softball team was shutdown. My football team is missing a kid tonight who is on quarantine. Two neighbors right next door to us each have a kid on quarantine. What I don't get is that the kids are on quarantine, but not mom and dad, or sis and bro? What a clusterfvck all this is. And flu season hasn't even hit! Buckle up...
Are people getting sick twice? I know its happened where people have tested positive twice. But are there any significant numbers that are recovering and then somehow catch it again?

Are people getting sick twice? I know its happened where people have tested positive twice. But are there any significant numbers that are recovering and then somehow catch it again?
No idea. Most of these folks are quarantined and not getting tests unless they show symptoms. Some have been told that. Others told to get tested. The county health department has given different orders for different people, too.
Shit. Show.

So scientists are finding that the biggest culprit right now, in terms of spreading covid, are large family gatherings.

This is a bit scary, given that Thanksgiving is coming up.

Listen, forget national news for a second... all of you on here, just please be careful, especially if you have loved ones who are at increased risk. If you look at what Chris Christie had to say about being completely alone and isolated in an ICU bed worrying about dying... my dad was in the infectious disease ward the week before he died, and even though we could see him, it was absolutely scary, that every doctor and nurse was all buttoned up coming in.

So guys, just be careful with your loved ones. Thanksgiving and the holidays are awesome, but just be careful, and if you can make changes this one year, it might be worth it.

I really don't want anyone on this forum posting about a loved one suffering or dying when it could have been avoided.

Family gatherings.... off limits. Protests... green light.

No idea. Most of these folks are quarantined and not getting tests unless they show symptoms. Some have been told that. Others told to get tested. The county health department has given different orders for different people, too.
Shit. Show.

No one, anywhere has a handle on this and it’s a giant cluster fvck like you said. I read our companies policy on it and my wife (who works for the same company) wa world something completely different by her manager.

With how bad literally everyone has handled this, going after people seems like for it seems like low hanging fruit.

The county has anyone who isn't required to be in their office working from home. And I rarely have to be in my office since I changed positions. This working from home stuff sucks. I don't miss having to go to the jail, but would rather do that than search for stuff to fill time.

I don't think that many people have gotten it twice, and when they do, it is two different strains.

The overall case totals are not going in the right direction. A few places, like Wisconsin, are starting to get hammered... hospitals out of beds, people in hallways... and it really does just come down to "wear your mask/try to socially distance/wash your hands." So damn simple, but so many people struggle with it, and there are still people fighting the Wisconsin gov about things like mask mandates.

In Arizona, when they implemented mask mandates, cases dropped 75 percent.

This is not that complicated, but people still act SO dumb with it. It's like people simply cannot accept something is possible until it happens.

Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Avoid big gatherings as best you can. And we can all get through this with most people alive and healthy.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Hate to post this, but a interesting look at how covid has spread this summer in states by political leaning... obviously there is more to it, but it might be wise for the conservative states that are opposing things like mask mandates to change courses... it will keep people more healthy and ensure businesses continue to operate as best they can.

I hate to post this, but the states that murdered the most elderly people are heavily democrat. The states that allowed more freedoms had more cases. Which makes sense because this is a virus. And viruses spread. To think that governments can stop a virus is just stupid. Over 80% of cases are mild or asymptotic. The goalposts have been moved so many times with this, it is outrageous. Less than 3% of the United States population has contracted the virus. Which is far better than the 70% some experts were predicting. Fact is, we knew we were fvcked from the beginning, but we've handled it better than expected unless you listen to some political hacks who want to use the handling against the president in an election year. People still want to make this out to be an apocalyptic plague. It is terrible and has killed too many people, but the drama like above needs to stop.

• Love
Reactions: CB3UK
I hate to post this, but the states that murdered the most elderly people are heavily democrat. The states that allowed more freedoms had more cases. Which makes sense because this is a virus. And viruses spread. To think that governments can stop a virus is just stupid. Over 80% of cases are mild or asymptotic. The goalposts have been moved so many times with this, it is outrageous. Less than 3% of the United States population has contracted the virus. Which is far better than the 70% some experts were predicting. Fact is, we knew we were fvcked from the beginning, but we've handled it better than expected unless you listen to some political hacks who want to use the handling against the president in an election year. People still want to make this out to be an apocalyptic plague. It is terrible and has killed too many people, but the drama like above needs to stop.
How much do you hate posting it?

I don't trust shit when it comes to COVID----and/or the testing.

Example(s):

1. Saban test positive....Then test negative(3x's)

2. My son's pastor, pastors wife, 4 kids in his bible study class,all test POSITIVE. My son's pastor was teaching him to play the sax---Used the same instrument(DUMB)....Son test negative. My son works for me---We test negative.

I ask the doctor---How? And how contagious is this? Answer:

Well it depends who you ask...

Huh? No...thats not the answer.

WTF knows.... But as I was leaving, she says---"Its not IF you'll get it---its WHEN you will".Inevitable. I responded:

Does that always depend on who you ask?

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
So scientists are finding that the biggest culprit right now, in terms of spreading covid, are large family gatherings.

This is a bit scary, given that Thanksgiving is coming up.

Listen, forget national news for a second... all of you on here, just please be careful, especially if you have loved ones who are at increased risk. If you look at what Chris Christie had to say about being completely alone and isolated in an ICU bed worrying about dying... my dad was in the infectious disease ward the week before he died, and even though we could see him, it was absolutely scary, that every doctor and nurse was all buttoned up coming in.

So guys, just be careful with your loved ones. Thanksgiving and the holidays are awesome, but just be careful, and if you can make changes this one year, it might be worth it.

I really don't want anyone on this forum posting about a loved one suffering or dying when it could have been avoided.
My sister was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer last month and she and my brother in law have been staying with me and my parents while she’s going through chemo because my brother in law works nights, so I’ve got to be even more cautious than I was before if/when I go somewhere so that I don’t catch Covid-19 or even something as simple as a cold and bring it home and spread it to her.

My sister was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer last month and she and my brother in law have been staying with me and my parents while she’s going through chemo because my brother in law works nights, so I’ve got to be even more cautious than I was before if/when I go somewhere so that I don’t catch Covid-19 or even something as simple as a cold and bring it home and spread it to her.
I am sorry to hear this, man. I hope your sister fights through this and her and your family stays strong. Best wishes.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
On my street alone there are 8 cases. 3 houses side by side. Hell, all family members. All my family. 4 grandkids. My wife and I are fighting it now.

On my street alone there are 8 cases. 3 houses side by side. Hell, all family members. All my family. 4 grandkids. My wife and I are fighting it now.
Update. 11 family members have it. Including me. Three are over 60, one over 55. Five children under 10 yo. No doctor visits. Just testing. Wife goes back to work tomorrow. She works daycare. I tested late, so I can't report back to work until nov., 5th. Been mild. Only cold symptoms , and no taste or smell, cough. Taste has been the worst symptom. Although whiskey goes down much smoother

Reactions: CB3UK and toonces11
Jack Nicklaus just dropped the mic on the carona sham. He and wife Barbara both had it. Jack is 80 now. “I took hydrochloriquine for 2 days and it was gone.”

Reactions: CB3UK
The wife tested positive for the rona on Friday. Took my daughter to get tested and we are waiting on the results. Over the weekend, I developed a slight sinus issue and last night had a headache. Guessing I have it too.

Might as well get it over with - hopefully those are not my famous last words.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The wife tested positive for the rona on Friday. Took my daughter to get tested and we are waiting on the results. Over the weekend, I developed a slight sinus issue and last night had a headache. Guessing I have it too.

Might as well get it over with - hopefully those are not my famous last words.
Can you give us a thumbs up or down to let us know you're ok?

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
My county has 842 total confirmed cases with 3 deaths. All elderly/compromised.
Death rate = about 1/3 of 1%.

Just got back from Snowboarding in Colorado. Copper Mountain was busy as hell. They are pretty vigilant on keeping these resorts open. Had quite a few mountain staff members policing people wearing masks.

I saw that. We already told our gym owner if he shuts them down again, leave the back door unlocked or we’ll bust it in.
It’s ridiculous that Cooper keeps imposing the most strict rules on bars. They already can only serve outside at 30% capacity until 11 and now he’s making them close at 9 under the same 30% outside capacity.

It really comes down to how your local LE enforces the mandates. Governors don't write laws. Mandates only give temporary authority to LEO to enforce the mandates if they choose. But sheriff's and police departments don't have to enforce laws mandated by the governor, they enforce laws passed by the legislators. They choose whether or not to enforce mandates.

ADVERTISEMENT