ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

6 weeks ago there were 4 states pushing 10,000 cases a day. Many more over 5,000 cases a day. Only one state has passed 4,000 this week. Hospitalizations are averaging under 30,000 for the first time since the initial surge. Deaths when put in chronological order are at the lowest level since May. Even down when going by the reported date. Positive percentage nationwide is below 5%.

We're not done with it by any means. Just feel like positive news should be reported with the same passion as negative news.

Don't worry. We will only be restricted until the second or third quarter of next year.:rolleyes:

Nope......That will be Wed, Nov 3rd.Laughing

Because, you know... the CDC, which is run by Trump appointees and is part of the federal government, is actually full of deep state scientists who are part of a conspiracy to bring down the head of the federal government (who is powerless to stop them!).

Oh, along with many governors, Republicans and Democrats, who are in on this devious plan in which they implement restrictions in their states that certainly won’t turn voters against THEM, but will instead make voters scared about a virus that isn’t a big deal and then decide we need a new head of the federal government, destroyed state economies be damned!

The medical research companies are part of it too... they are spending billions on a ”vaccine” because they know that doing so will somehow make Trump look bad, even though he is the one leading the national effort to create one.

And that doesn’t even touch on the nationwide media part of the conspiracy, who are working hand in hand with scientists and doctors to invent a pandemic that isn’t real to take down the President, even though, you know... those members of the media are going through the same shitty times as everyone else... they are just willing to do that to take down Trump.

And the rest of the world? Eh, they shut down economies and had lockdowns and implemented extensive contract tracing and created custom tracking phone apps, all just because they really don’t like Trump, who has been OWNING them so hard.

But on Nov 4 they will ALL get the “CONGRATS WE DID IT!” email, sent out by that feeble minded mastermind Joe Biden, and VOILA the whole country... indeed, the whole world... will go back to normal overnight, as the media companies all run the headline “We were just kidding!“ and everyone shakes their heads ruefully and we all go back to business as usual.

Or... you know... maybe there is just a virus for which there is no cure which has killed roughly four times the US combat casualties of WW1, and medical experts know that avoiding crowds in indoor places and wearing two dollar masks is the way to avoid spreading it while we wait for an effective vaccine, and so folks are doing that? Or is that too simple?:)

I mean, screw that William of Ockham, amirite?:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GE Nole and UL_1986
Joe Biden is not “feeble minded”. He has early symptoms of dementia. Many classic signs.

Oh, sure, totally unwell!

But that Trump guy, with his obesity and slurring words and inability to drink water with one hand and his talk of "herd mentality" and simply inventing things that never happened... he's sharp as a tack! That surprise trip to Walter Reed, that wasn't planned ahead? Nothing! And the fact that he is taking cognitive tests (man, woman, person, camera, TV)? That's normal, lots of people take cognitive tests in front of lots of doctors.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, this is probably more for the political thread, but can we please avoid throwing around silly medical diagnoses?

Last edited:
Reactions: GE Nole and UL_1986
We have watched my wife’s mother get and eventually pass away with dementia. We are currently watching my mother with dementia. Whether you ageee or not with my diagnosis, could care less. My wife and I see the similarities in Biden and know. He has it, don’t know how far along it is.

I said nothing about Trump. You went political. I spoke to what we see and recognize.

We have watched my wife’s mother get and eventually pass away with dementia. We are currently watching my mother with dementia. Whether you ageee or not with my diagnosis, could care less. My wife and I see the similarities in Biden and know. He has it, don’t know how far along it is.

I said nothing about Trump. You went political. I spoke to what we see and recognize.
It’s all they have, man.
Sorry to hear about your family members. Truly the worst disease to have loved ones go through. Up there with cancer. I’ve been through both. To have relatives not remember their loved ones, it truly breaks your heart.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Louisville is probably half and half as far as public with masks. People are starting to talk less about it. A tiny sense of normalcy seems to be creeping in around the suburbs. Downtown is still a ghost town from the looting and rioting.

Sure.

And I spoke to what I see and recognize. Literally everything I wrote there about Donald are specific things he either did or said.

LITERALLY things he did or said.

But hey, you don't want to acknowledge it, so that's okay.

Reactions: UL_1986
TDS is real. Anyways. Still trending in the right direction. States that have been hard hit over the past 60 days are improving at high rates and there aren't any states that are seeing any significant upticks cases. Hospitalizations are down nationally and down big. Hopefully a sign of this thing leveling off to where we can quit testing 700,000 people a day to pad the case numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboBBN
not worth it

Just saying... Borden is the one who starting in on the "political" thing.

I literally only mentioned Biden in a single sentence about how silly the idea of this being a giant political plot is.

Then Crap started in with about how Joe Biden is senile.

Come on, man.

Just saying... Borden is the one who starting in on the "political" thing.

I literally only mentioned Biden in a single sentence about how silly the idea of this being a giant political plot is.

Then Crap started in with about how Joe Biden is senile.

Come on, man.

Crappy never said he was senile. He has dementia and I don’t know how far along he is. Trump is a whole different topic.

Classic defense on dude’s part, change the subject.

Anyone who denies that Biden is in the beginning stages of dementia is flat out lying to themselves. Trump is a bumbling old man and definitely has some moments. But it is nothing other than deflection and denial to change the subject to Trump every time Biden's clear cognitive issues are brought up. It's even more pathetic to act like they don't exist.

Crappy never said he was senile. He has dementia and I don’t know how far along he is. Trump is a whole different topic.

Classic defense on dude’s part, change the subject.

*sigh*

If you are saying you do not want to vote for a candidate in part because he has dementia, than I would think making sure YOUR candidate doesn't have cognitive issues would be a pretty big deal.

But hey, consistency isn't for everyone. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck with your herd mentality, and I hope your medical diagnoses based on five second twitter clips turns out to be wrong.

Let's get back to how covid is just a giant global political conspiracy that will disappear when the election is over.

*sigh*

If you are saying you do not want to vote for a candidate in part because he has dementia, than I would think making sure YOUR candidate doesn't have cognitive issues would be a pretty big deal.

But hey, consistency isn't for everyone. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck with your herd mentality, and I hope your medical diagnoses based on five second twitter clips turns out to be wrong.

Let's get back to how covid is just a giant global political conspiracy that will disappear when the election is over.
Its still a concern here, but our area is kinda over it. We still get positives but people just don't care to give it daily/nightly attention b/c that benefits nobody. In general, masks are worn and rational pre cautions are taken. But nobody is skipping events and hunkering down. People are vying to get high school football tickets (only so many allowed). Kids are in school full time for grade schools, altered schedule for high schools. Private schools are full time. Teachers are sick of the altered schedule and want full time. If you are not at risk, take reasonable measures to be considerate of others---but live your damn life. The nightly news and estimations/projections are wildly inaccurate and need to be toned down imo.

Its still a concern here, but our area is kinda over it. We still get positives but people just don't care to give it daily/nightly attention b/c that benefits nobody. In general, masks are worn and rational pre cautions are taken. But nobody is skipping events and hunkering down. People are vying to get high school football tickets (only so many allowed). Kids are in school full time for grade schools, altered schedule for high schools. Private schools are full time. Teachers are sick of the altered schedule and want full time. If you are not at risk, take reasonable measures to be considerate of others---but live your damn life. The nightly news and estimations/projections are wildly inaccurate and need to be toned down imo.

Where are you, again?

Here I think people are still GENERALLY being careful... masks in public, etc etc. You have some people who are all like "I'm done with this!" but most people, I think, are okay with it.

We did have a pretty major screwup this week, as some teachers posted a public photo of like seven of them in a room all together with no masks on, no distance between them. People were NOT happy.

Our first large number of kids came in this week. Fingers crossed it goes well... but there are SO many damn things to consider that we haven't figured out yet.

Last edited:
Where are you, again?

Here I think people are still GENERALLY being careful... masks in public, etc etc. You have some people who are all like "I'm done with this!" but most people, I think, are okay with it.

We did have a pretty major screwup this week, as some teachers posted a public photo of like seven of them in a room all together with no masks on, no distance between them. People were NOT happy.

Our first large number of kids came in this week. Fingers crossed it goes well... but there are SO many damn things to consider that we haven't figured out yet.
Kansas.
Imo...so many of the little mistakes happen all the time and are unavoidable to an extent. It’s an untenable set of circumstances. Do your best with rational and reasonable measures and everything will be just fine. Overreaction to every positive or mishap doesn’t help anyone. Schools will have positives, but if kids aren’t getting Sick Sick, then it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Kansas.
Imo...so many of the little mistakes happen all the time and are unavoidable to an extent. It’s an untenable set of circumstances. Do your best with rational and reasonable measures and everything will be just fine. Overreaction to every positive or mishap doesn’t help anyone. Schools will have positives, but if kids aren’t getting Sick Sick, then it shouldn’t be a big deal.

Many years ago, I had a kid come up to me... he didn't look well... and he was like "Mr. B, can I go to the nurse, I don't feel well."

"Sure," I say.

But he doesn't even make it to the door before he hurls. And I mean... HURLS. All over my bookshelf, all over the books... it is like a damn fountain. I quickly jump up and get a garbage can for him, and he hurls his guts out.

Now the rest of the class is looking green around the gills, and the smell... woof. So I take him out into the hallway, both so he can keep puking and to try to put some distance between him and the class, a few members of which were starting to dry heave as they listened to it.

So we get in the hallway, and he is sick again, but there is a fourth grade class standing quietly right outside my door in a line... they were moving through the school, and had stopped at our corner as a natural stopping point. So they are all standing there, like just on the other side of the hall, watching him puke...

And then the smell wafts up and clobbers me right in the face, and suddenly I'm like...

'Oh shit. *I'm* going to puke.'

And I realized at that moment that if this entire fourth grade class watched me puke, it would basically be the end of my career.

So I do the dry heave thing a few times, my eyes wide, and the fourth grade class is watching me with THEIR eyes wide as dinner plates, waiting to see if this teacher is going to join his student hurling his guts out, and I am fighting SO hard to NOT start puking...

Thankfully, I managed to keep it down.

And like 12 years later, I referenced this story in a big speech here in my district, a speech which that original kid was listening to, standing in the back of the auditorium, now 20something years old :)

We met up afterwards and both busted out laughing:)

BTW, strange story today.

So first the story breaks that a major change to the posted CDC guidelines, that asymptomatic people NOT get tested, a change that was enacted last month, was apparently NOT created by the CDC.

In fact, CDC scientists FOUGHT the change, because testing people who have been in CONTACT with sick people is a big part of contact tracing and virus management.

The guidelines on the CDC website were changed by someone not even in the CDC, but instead by someone in the Department of Health and Human services. The guidelines skipped the standard CDC scientific review.

This came out in the last day.

JUST saw on twitter that the policy has officially changed, and the CDC is now recommending that anyone who had close contact with someone with covid get tested. Gotta believe it was in response to the original story from yesterday.

Hate seeing apparently political powers interfering with the work of a place like the CDC.

Because, you know... the CDC, which is run by Trump appointees and is part of the federal government, is actually full of deep state scientists who are part of a conspiracy to bring down the head of the federal government (who is powerless to stop them!).

Oh, along with many governors, Republicans and Democrats, who are in on this devious plan in which they implement restrictions in their states that certainly won’t turn voters against THEM, but will instead make voters scared about a virus that isn’t a big deal and then decide we need a new head of the federal government, destroyed state economies be damned!

The medical research companies are part of it too... they are spending billions on a ”vaccine” because they know that doing so will somehow make Trump look bad, even though he is the one leading the national effort to create one.

And that doesn’t even touch on the nationwide media part of the conspiracy, who are working hand in hand with scientists and doctors to invent a pandemic that isn’t real to take down the President, even though, you know... those members of the media are going through the same shitty times as everyone else... they are just willing to do that to take down Trump.

And the rest of the world? Eh, they shut down economies and had lockdowns and implemented extensive contract tracing and created custom tracking phone apps, all just because they really don’t like Trump, who has been OWNING them so hard.

But on Nov 4 they will ALL get the “CONGRATS WE DID IT!” email, sent out by that feeble minded mastermind Joe Biden, and VOILA the whole country... indeed, the whole world... will go back to normal overnight, as the media companies all run the headline “We were just kidding!“ and everyone shakes their heads ruefully and we all go back to business as usual.

Or... you know... maybe there is just a virus for which there is no cure which has killed roughly four times the US combat casualties of WW1, and medical experts know that avoiding crowds in indoor places and wearing two dollar masks is the way to avoid spreading it while we wait for an effective vaccine, and so folks are doing that? Or is that too simple?:)

I mean, screw that William of Ockham, amirite?:)
Blah, blah, blah....Your world has to somewhat suck. I like you. Highly intelligent person. You seem thoughtful. But you have zero ability to call a spade, a spade----when it comes to your "cards". My post of "Nov 3rd" isn't to diminish COVID. Its real...Its deadly. But its also overblown by both sides. Both sides are using it(COVID) as a pawn. You know this as well as I do , brother. Neither sides really wants a deal for relief....Not this close to the election. Pelosi's statement of "Trump Checks" shows that...

Politics suck. Politicans suck. None of them are capable of telling the truth. And none of them give two-shits about you or I. THose are facts.

Blah, blah, blah....Your world has to somewhat suck. I like you. Highly intelligent person. You seem thoughtful. But you have zero ability to call a spade, a spade----when it comes to your "cards". My post of "Nov 3rd" isn't to diminish COVID. Its real...Its deadly. But its also overblown by both sides. Both sides are using it(COVID) as a pawn. You know this as well as I do , brother. Neither sides really wants a deal for relief....Not this close to the election. Pelosi's statement of "Trump Checks" shows that...

Politics suck. Politicans suck. None of them are capable of telling the truth. And none of them give two-shits about you or I. THose are facts.

Sorry Borden, but I just get so irritated, bc there are people who legit think this is all some global conspiracy... they are sure of it... but they never take the time to actually step back and really think through what their giant conspiracy would require, in terms of actual, real world matters. And it drives me nuts. I’m a big believer in the practical... that if there are giant conspiracies someone usually talks, that if you think your “opponent” is incompetent then you can’t then accuse them of being some conspiratorial mastermind... and I am a BIG believe that the simplest explanation is often the right one. And this ”covid is a giant conspiracy” thing is maddening, because it would require all of those things I mentioned and more... but nope, huge swaths of Americans think its a conspiracy, and that’s it.

And yes, obviously politicians incorporate the virus into their politics... in fact, they SHOULD, in some ways, because one aspect of politics is dealing with your people, and the virus impacts them. I certainly hope that they don’t lie about it To gain advantages, but some do. Can’t stop that, unfortunately.

But I disagree with your statement that no politicians care about you or I, or that none of them want to give Americans relief, or whatever. I know some local and state level politicians, including one I disagree with about EVERYTHING, but every one of them does genuinely care about the people they are serving. Not all politicians do, of course, and the party leaders in particular have to “play the game”, but I am also not willing to simply dismiss every single person who has gotten into public service as not caring about the people they represent. I just cant. Too many of them, Republicans and Democrats, spend far too much time meeting constituents and listening to them for every one of them not to care; that would require them all to basically be sociopaths, and I just don’t think that is the case.

And actually my life is pretty good, thanks:). I mean, I wish I had more free time, and I wish I was working out regularly, and I wish this whole damn covid thing never happened... but I’ve got a healthy family, a good job, financial security... in the grand scheme of things, I’m lucky as hell. Don’t let a sarcastic “morning poop” political forum post make you think otherwise:)

Sorry Borden, but I just get so irritated, bc there are people who legit think this is all some global conspiracy... they are sure of it... but they never take the time to actually step back and really think through what their giant conspiracy would require, in terms of actual, real world matters. And it drives me nuts. I’m a big believer in the practical... that if there are giant conspiracies someone usually talks, that if you think your “opponent” is incompetent then you can’t then accuse them of being some conspiratorial mastermind... and I am a BIG believe that the simplest explanation is often the right one. And this ”covid is a giant conspiracy” thing is maddening, because it would require all of those things I mentioned and more... but nope, huge swaths of Americans think its a conspiracy, and that’s it.

And yes, obviously politicians incorporate the virus into their politics... in fact, they SHOULD, in some ways, because one aspect of politics is dealing with your people, and the virus impacts them. I certainly hope that they don’t lie about it To gain advantages, but some do. Can’t stop that, unfortunately.

But I disagree with your statement that no politicians care about you or I, or that none of them want to give Americans relief, or whatever. I know some local and state level politicians, including one I disagree with about EVERYTHING, but every one of them does genuinely care about the people they are serving. Not all politicians do, of course, and the party leaders in particular have to “play the game”, but I am also not willing to simply dismiss every single person who has gotten into public service as not caring about the people they represent. I just cant. Too many of them, Republicans and Democrats, spend far too much time meeting constituents and listening to them for every one of them not to care; that would require them all to basically be sociopaths, and I just don’t think that is the case.

And actually my life is pretty good, thanks:). I mean, I wish I had more free time, and I wish I was working out regularly, and I wish this whole damn covid thing never happened... but I’ve got a healthy family, a good job, financial security... in the grand scheme of things, I’m lucky as hell. Don’t let a sarcastic “morning poop” political forum post make you think otherwise:)
Never thought COVID was a conspiracy...Not once. I do think its being used as a pawn, by politicans. I am sure there are some politicians who do care---I doubt many of them reside in Washington. If any. And yes, I truly believe that. As Ben Frankin said---

"When people figure out they can vote themselves into money, government as we know, will fail." Never more has more truer words been spoken. I do not trust Trump, Pelosi, Biden, Pence....None of them. Their order of affair is----Their standing....their parties standing....demeaning their opposition's standing....their pockets....Then, well, maybe us, the people.

I get tired of hearing, "Well Trump didn't take a salary". Well, big whoop. Dude is worth a gazillion fukin dollars....Then Pelosi. Flying across the country for a god damn haircut...Really? See its that shit that gets me. It just rubs me wrong. People like me are on the cusp of failing...I losst 30 ****ING thousand dollars....30% of my income...My wife is sick. Needs surgery...But to do so, we have to pay a $2,000 deductible..My savings has damn near been drained to care for her medical needs---and well, mine too. We could use that stimulus about now.....

But what are our leaders doing? Flying to San Fran to get a ****ing hairdo...Or tweeting....Or fishing...Or on recess.....

Both sides agreed---more help(stimulus check) is needed. But b/c this side also wants this, or that, they won't pass the shit...Why? Its ****ing stupid. Pass a separate legislation to send people like me, my family, who need the god damn help, and worry about your needs/wants later on...

Its beyond irritating...And its why I ****ing hate politics.

*sigh*

You infer way too much of your own opinion into what others say. I’ve never said anything about anybody being my candidate. I despise our governor and have made that clear. His fascist running of our state is disgusting.

consistency? I’m very consistent.

conspiracies? I do not know if covid is one. I do know, as recent news reports have confirmed, the China attempt to infiltrate Colleges. Russia did this decades earlier. And did you know in 2016 that Putin was planning on combining the main branches of his nations intel and security into the old KGB style of Stalin? Sources on this seem to have gone very quiet. I suspect he has accomplished what he set out to.

So back to covid. Around 16 active cases in our county. Good workout today with no mask as always. About a 1.6% death rate in NC if you trust the numbers. Recent positives that were false.

Reactions: GhostOf301
You infer way too much of your own opinion into what others say.
Fact.

Very promising trend. Mondays and Tuesdays are fairly slow reporting days as far as deaths. But new tests, cases and hospitalizations are reported daily. There has been a spike in tests, which has led to more cases reported. This has a lot to do with campuses opening up. Despite a tick up in positive cases, the positive percentage has continued to drop to its lowest levels since Spring. Hospitalizations also continue to drop steadily. 1,004 new hospitalizations yesterday and 540 new hospitalizations today 1,500 new hospitalizations compared to almost 3,000 removed from the list. There have also been nearly twice the number of people removed from the active case list than added. All good signs. Yesterday there were 100 fewer deaths reported than the previous Sunday and it looks like there will be significantly fewer deaths today than on last Monday. Also, more states have announced that they have caught up with the death certificate counts meaning that there should be fewer back logged deaths added to the database. Theoretically, this should mean a more accurate idea of when the deaths are occurring in those states.

In North Carolina, cases remain steady with slight improvements. Hovering around 1,000 a day. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower. But deaths remain moderate, actually fewer deaths of all causes to date than last year. So we're in decent shape compared to other states. That's good considering that North Carolina has the 9th most cases approaching 200,000. My county has seen 23 new cases since last Friday. We are well past our peak and moving forward. Looks like Richmond, Robinson and Hoke counties are the current hotspot in the state. With Mecklenburg, Durham, Wake and Orange counties seeing clear drops in both new cases and positive percentage.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Great, the stupid is spreading. Fingers crossed our government and drug companies and build some confidence and educate folks when the time comes.

Great, the stupid is spreading. Fingers crossed our government and drug companies and build some confidence and educate folks when the time comes.
Some people's reasoning for not wanting the vaccine might be considered stupid....but not getting in line for a first gen vaccine pushed thru in a freakishly short time with all kinds of red tape removed and corners cut, is certainly not a stupid stance.

Last edited:
Some people's reasoning for not wanting the vaccine might be considered stupid....but not getting in line for a first gen vaccine pushed thru in a freakishly short time with all kinds of red tape removed and corners cut, is certainly not a stupid stance.
This.

We had a flag football game last week. Since they canceled the league, our team and another in town decided to play every Friday night for the next month. Some guy hosted it in his back yard and they painted the field and had pylons and everything. 2nd graders, so we only needed 60 total yards (40-yd field and endzones). Turns out someone called the cops on us for having more than 50 people together, guessing there were a hundred total. Cops ignored the call and basically laughed at em. To top it off, there was a cop at the game in full uniform, watching his son play. Lol.

We had a flag football game last week. Since they canceled the league, our team and another in town decided to play every Friday night for the next month. Some guy hosted it in his back yard and they painted the field and had pylons and everything. 2nd graders, so we only needed 60 total yards (40-yd field and endzones). Turns out someone called the cops on us for having more than 50 people together, guessing there were a hundred total. Cops ignored the call and basically laughed at em. To top it off, there was a cop at the game in full uniform, watching his son play. Lol.
Sounds like a good time. I think a lot of people NEED to take part in activities like this to get their minds back in check.

Reactions: toonces11
I am skeptical of an effective vaccine for a novel coronavirus created in 7 months when there are zero effective vaccines for any other coronaviruses that have been around for hundreds of years. If I were required to have one for whatever reason, I don’t think I would be scared to get it, but I don't think I will bother on my own terms. Just me. I don't get flu shots either.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Sounds like a good time. I think a lot of people NEED to take part in activities like this to get their minds back in check.
We've been lucky. Both of my boys still playing 3 or so baseball games a week for travel ball, and my youngest also has football. My boys are 10 and 8, so plenty of time left for sports. It's the high school kids I feel most sorry for here in Illinois. Even the junior highs, as many dreamed of a state title that won't be happening. Our state will only allow regionals, which is basically teams from your conference and a few others. Sucks for the kids, man.

Reactions: GhostOf301
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT