ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

Since they only talked about cases when they were rising after the riots, I mean bars and beaches. I will share good news here.

20200831-171842.jpg

Daily cases are at the lowest levels since the beginning of the summer spike and dropping at a faster clip than they did after the first spike.

20200831-171751.jpg

Summer deaths never came close to the projections. Hospitalizations the same. This is good news. You would think the media would be happy to share good news. But whatever.

As far as North Carolina. Overall the news is still positive. Deaths have never really had a spike, so we had a fairly low peak in deaths. Hospitalizations continue to fall. Not at a huge clip, but as a state with a population of 10.2 million, having 917 people in the hospital (not knowing how many are specifically for covid) is not that alarming. Cases had fallen to around 1,000 per day and they have gone up to 1,300-1,500 again over the past 7 days. Positive percentage has gone up slightly to 7.1%, but testing has gone down by a good bit. So maybe not as many people are getting tested unnecessarily.

Reactions: SNU0821
cases going down. Now there's about to be more mass protests across the country. Spontaneous of course.

Governor Cooper just extended the restrictions banning places from selling alcohol for onsite consumption past 11pm until October 2nd which most likely means that it’s probably going to be at least until then before bars will be allowed to reopen. He’s supposed to make an announcement tomorrow about easing more restrictions that will take effect later this week. His announcement could include gyms, yoga studios, dance studios and outdoor playgrounds under strict social distancing and reduced capacity guidelines.

Governor Cooper just extended the restrictions banning places from selling alcohol for onsite consumption past 11pm until October 2nd which most likely means that it’s probably going to be at least until then before bars will be allowed to reopen. He’s supposed to make an announcement tomorrow about easing more restrictions that will take effect later this week. His announcement could include gyms, yoga studios, dance studios and outdoor playgrounds under strict social distancing and reduced capacity guidelines.

As today’s gym re-openings take effect in NJ, NC is now the ONLY state in the entire country that still is not allowing gyms to be open. Jackassery I say.

North Carolina moves to phase 2.5 on Friday. The following places can reopen.

Outdoor playgrounds can reopen

Indoor playgrounds at 30% or 7 people per 1000 square feet

Aquariums and Museums can open at 50% or 12 people per 1000 square feet

Gyms, bowling alleys, skating rinks and other indoor exercise facilities can open at 30% or 7 people per 1000 square feet

Gatherings have increased from 10 to 25 indoors and increases from 25 to 50 outdoors

Masks will be required in public for anyone 5 years old and up

Bars, Amusement Parks and Movie theatres will remain closed

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
2.5, That’s fvcking hilarious. Now he’s trying to kill movie theaters? Pssst... Stupor Cooper, gyms have been open for month’s. That need to workout for “health” reasons loophole was awesome.

And I’ll wear a mask “in public” if I so decide to. Wear it into places of business out of respect for the employees that show up to work everyday.

North Carolina moves to phase 2.5 on Friday. The following places can reopen.

Outdoor playgrounds can reopen

Indoor playgrounds at 30% or 7 people per 1000 square feet

Aquariums and Museums can open at 50% or 12 people per 1000 square feet

Gyms, bowling alleys, skating rinks and other indoor exercise facilities can open at 30% or 7 people per 1000 square feet

Gatherings have increased from 10 to 25 indoors and increases from 25 to 50 outdoors

Masks will be required in public for anyone 5 years old and up

Bars, Amusement Parks and Movie theatres will remain closed

2.5, That’s fvcking hilarious. Now he’s trying to kill movie theaters? Pssst... Stupor Cooper, gyms have been open for month’s. That need to workout for “health” reasons loophole was awesome.

And I’ll wear a mask “in public” if I so decide to. Wear it into places of business out of respect for the employees that show up to work everyday.

It's almost like he is our father telling us children that if we eat our dinner, we can have a brownie. He is telling us that if we get a B on our English test, we can have 30 extra minutes of TV time. If we make our beds, we get an extra juice box with our lunch.

Fvck this clown.

It's almost like he is our father telling us children that if we eat our dinner, we can have a brownie. He is telling us that if we get a B on our English test, we can have 30 extra minutes of TV time. If we make our beds, we get an extra juice box with our lunch.

Fvck this clown.

Exactly!!!

I know several people that think the reason he’s not allowing bars to reopen is because he knows that if the bars are closed then NC will make a lot of money from people having to go to the ABC Store to buy liquor.

I know several people that think the reason he’s not allowing bars to reopen is because he knows that if the bars are closed then NC will make a lot of money from people having to go to the ABC Store to buy liquor.

The ABC liquor stores are different up here than in Florida, where I’m from. So up here they are state run liquor stores?

In Florida, ABC liquors bought out Jax Liquors several years ago. ABC is probably one of the biggest chain liquor stores in Fla. The owner of Jax liquors years ago was was Don Treadnick. Dude was in his 70’s and had a smokin wife, late 30’s, early 40’s. Whew. Big $$$. Lord she would come into the Baymeadows Jacksonville store in short tennis dresses.... ah but I digress.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The ABC liquor stores are different up here than in Florida, where I’m from. So up here they are state run liquor stores?

In Florida, ABC liquors bought out Jax Liquors several years ago. ABC is probably one of the biggest chain liquor stores in Fla. The owner of Jax liquors years ago was was Don Treadnick. Dude was in his 70’s and had a smokin wife, late 30’s, early 40’s. Whew. Big $$$. Lord she would come into the Baymeadows Jacksonville store in short tennis dresses.... ah but I digress.
Yeah ABC Stores in North Carolina are run by the state. Here’s a link to the ABC Store Wikipedia page that shows which states control alcohol sales at different levels. Click on the section that says “State Listing”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_beverage_control_state

One man dies after rally of 500000 people visit sturgis. Totally proves Covid doomsdayers right. https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-covid-19-death-linked-204953641.html
"Man was in his 60's and had underlying conditions." Looks like he made a poor decision being in a higher risk demographic. But he made that decision likely knowing the risk and probably thought it was worth the risk. No different than had he caught the flu most likely. But the narrative has been set.

As today’s gym re-openings take effect in NJ, NC is now the ONLY state in the entire country that still is not allowing gyms to be open. Jackassery I say.
You should buy a few resistance bands, weights, and do your cardio outside. You can also find spaced counter-tops to do dips, and even get a pull up bar.

You should buy a few resistance bands, weights, and do your cardio outside. You can also find spaced counter-tops to do dips, and even get a pull up bar.

I’m good bro. My gym opened a couple months ago under the “loophole” provided to those that have a medical need to excersize. Not sure why more haven’t used this. So, everybody at my gym has a medical need. Not 1 coronavirus case so far!

Reactions: UL_1986
Back in early June I tried to make a doctors appointment with my primary doctor because I was pretty sure that I had a sinus infection but she wouldn’t see me in person because I had s cough and they wanted to do an over the phone appointment which I thought was ridiculous because how can they be sure I had a sinus infection just by me explaining my symptoms because there are several different illnesses that have similar symptoms. I was finally able to get an in person appointment with another doctor in early July and after checking a few things he wrote me a prescription for antibiotics because he said he was pretty certain that I had a sinus infection based on my symptoms and how long I’d had those symptoms.

Yesterday, albeit a holiday, saw the fewest new cases since the beginning of June. Fewest reported deaths in a single day since March. According to the Covid Tracking Project, the fewest hospitalizations and the fewest ICU patients since the initial surge back at the end of March/beginning of April.

Screenshot-20200908-111131-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The continuing drop in hospitalizations is the biggest indicator of improvement. With colleges and schools opening back up, we are going to see increased case numbers. Which will be presented in a manner that creates fear and panic by the media but if this is a factual graph, not sure of the source, of over 11,000 positive cases from these campuses, zero required hospitalization.

EhHNYo4XgAAKRxC

UCLA study determined that under 64 has a 1 in 19million chance of dying from covid. This combined with the improved therapeutics as well as the expanded knowledge of the virus should put our country in a forward motion very quickly. But nothing will happen quickly until after the big day in November.

Anyways, thought I'd share some optimistic news on a shitty thing that has happened to so many people.

Yesterday, albeit a holiday, saw the fewest new cases since the beginning of June. Fewest reported deaths in a single day since March. According to the Covid Tracking Project, the fewest hospitalizations and the fewest ICU patients since the initial surge back at the end of March/beginning of April.

Screenshot-20200908-111131-Samsung-Internet.jpg

The continuing drop in hospitalizations is the biggest indicator of improvement. With colleges and schools opening back up, we are going to see increased case numbers. Which will be presented in a manner that creates fear and panic by the media but if this is a factual graph, not sure of the source, of over 11,000 positive cases from these campuses, zero required hospitalization.

EhHNYo4XgAAKRxC

UCLA study determined that under 64 has a 1 in 19million chance of dying from covid. This combined with the improved therapeutics as well as the expanded knowledge of the virus should put our country in a forward motion very quickly. But nothing will happen quickly until after the big day in November.

Anyways, thought I'd share some optimistic news on a shitty thing that has happened to so many people.
I'm really starting to think things will be close to normal by the start of the new year. TBH, I'm hearing less and less about it daily.

I'm really starting to think things will be close to normal by the start of the new year. TBH, I'm hearing less and less about it daily.
Something crazy. I sell cars in a metropolitan area. Wife counsels state appointed kids in large gatherings...in a metropolitan.

Knock on wood.

This whole time. Never got the sickness.

Something crazy. I sell cars in a metropolitan area. Wife counsels state appointed kids in large gatherings...in a metropolitan.

Knock on wood.

This whole time. Never got the sickness.

Been back in the gym for 2 months or so. Not wearing a mask, just wiping equipment down before and after use. 0 people infected so far. Older gym. We joke it’s never been so clean.

Been back in the gym for 2 months or so. Not wearing a mask, just wiping equipment down before and after use. 0 people infected so far. Older gym. We joke it’s never been so clean.
Some things just need a little stank on them. My penis and gyms come to mind first.

Reactions: UL_1986
Semi interesting opinion: Ive asked every high school student and athlete if they like staying home 3 days and only having to go to school in person 2 days a week. Haven't had a single student prefer the stay at home method over going to school full time. I bet its around 15 kids I asked.

Oh, nobody wants to stay home. It sucks. As much as kids bitch about school, its still being with friends and teachers and being SOCIAL. Not having school sucks balls.... which is, admittedly, the OPPOSITE of what you'd expect most kids (and adults even) to say:)

Oh, nobody wants to stay home. It sucks. As much as kids bitch about school, its still being with friends and teachers and being SOCIAL. Not having school sucks balls.... which is, admittedly, the OPPOSITE of what you'd expect most kids (and adults even) to say:)
It shocked me a little how much kids really miss school. I thought more would love it. The general vibe I get is that online learning is much harder and they get much more attention and help in class. Hearing all the kids say this reinforces my opinion that kids should and need to be in school with reasonable precautions taken.

Sad side story in a small town 20 min from here. A 7 yr old was crossing the street to get on the bus for the first day of school, bus lights flashing, stop sign out. 15 yr old girl blew right by and killed the 7yr old. Can't decide if I would strnagle the 15 yr old or feel terrible that her life is now ruined by being totally inattentive.

Sad side story in a small town 20 min from here. A 7 yr old was crossing the street to get on the bus for the first day of school, bus lights flashing, stop sign out. 15 yr old girl blew right by and killed the 7yr old. Can't decide if I would strnagle the 15 yr old or feel terrible that her life is now ruined by being totally inattentive.
That is tragic. She is going to need a lot of love herself. That's a lot to carry.

Reactions: toonces11
It shocked me a little how much kids really miss school. I thought more would love it. The general vibe I get is that online learning is much harder and they get much more attention and help in class. Hearing all the kids say this reinforces my opinion that kids should and need to be in school with reasonable precautions taken.

15? Did she have a learners permit or something?

Heard a rumor that workers here can now work if they are aysmptomatic even with a positive COVID test.

Georgia has largely followed our idiot governor. Masks are almost useless because anywhere you go at least 20% of the people are yahoos and simply won't wear masks or even attempt to keep a distance. I'm sad my region still has it's collective head up it's collective asss.

Georgia has largely followed our idiot governor. Masks are almost useless because anywhere you go at least 20% of the people are yahoos and simply won't wear masks or even attempt to keep a distance. I'm sad my region still has it's collective head up it's collective asss.

Trumps head of the CDC today really stressed the importance of masks. SUCH a simple way to protect everyone and get the country reopened.

Can’t mandate masks, would never work. I wear one to stores to show respect for the employees that come to work everyday. Ditto restaurants. 95+% of the people working out in our gym do not wear one. Coming up on 3 months open and 0 infections there. I do wish everyone would wipe down the equipment after using it. I wipe it before and after. Lots of older gym members are showing up and training.

This virus hits elderly,enfirmed, obese, and those with underlying health conditions.

Can’t mandate masks, would never work. I wear one to stores to show respect for the employees that come to work everyday. Ditto restaurants. 95+% of the people working out in our gym do not wear one. Coming up on 3 months open and 0 infections there. I do wish everyone would wipe down the equipment after using it. I wipe it before and after. Lots of older gym members are showing up and training.

This virus hits elderly,enfirmed, obese, and those with underlying health conditions.

PRIMARILY those people.

And that's good of you, knowing that you yourself aren't a likely candidate for death or anything but still watching out for others. That's all we can do.

PRIMARILY those people.

And that's good of you, knowing that you yourself aren't a likely candidate for death or anything but still watching out for others. That's all we can do.

Ah I’m 61. Our primary care physicians are telling patients that they have been informed 80% of those infected will either be asymptomatic, or have mild symptoms. I don’t want it, but I don’t fear death either. The media has gone overboard again.

ADVERTISEMENT