ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

appears my sis-in-law has it. whole family has been around her. could be a bumpy road for a few weeks. daughter-in-law having baby in a week. hope we can fight through it.

Reactions: UL_1986
North Carolina is the 11th state to reach 100,000 cases. There are 18 states with more deaths.

I don’t care anymore. My general practitioner has been told that 80% of people who get carona will either have mild symptoms or none at all. My gym is open, I’m happy. My squat dropped over 100lbs tho and that pisses me the f*** off!

Iowa has tested over 400 people with just 8 positive cases

the state just tested 4300 with just 282 positive cases the lowest positive tests in a month hospital beds in use dropped to below 200 deaths for the week was 4.

North Carolina has seen a two week decline in new cases for the first time. Also the number of presumed recovered outnumbered the nee cases. Hospitalizations have decreased in the same time period and there is 19,004 current cases with a positive test rate of 7.1%. At the beginning of this the NCHHS set a guideline of 8% positive test rate before returning to normal activity. Now they have set it at 5%. When we reach 5%, they will change it to 3%. When we reach 3%, they will change it to when there is an effective vaccine.

North Carolina has seen a two week decline in new cases for the first time. Also the number of presumed recovered outnumbered the nee cases. Hospitalizations have decreased in the same time period and there is 19,004 current cases with a positive test rate of 7.1%. At the beginning of this the NCHHS set a guideline of 8% positive test rate before returning to normal activity. Now they have set it at 5%. When we reach 5%, they will change it to 3%. When we reach 3%, they will change it to when there is an effective vaccine.
Yup. Seems likely. Well, or until November and we know the outcome of the election. If Biden wins, it will magically go away quickly. It Trump wins, we’re going to be locked down into 2021.

Yup. Seems likely. Well, or until November and we know the outcome of the election. If Biden wins, it will magically go away quickly. It Trump wins, we’re going to be locked down into 2021.
it won't disappear as what will happen is that big pharma company will suddenly have a vaccine. Pelosi will get on her soap box and let everybody that Biden succeeded where Trump failed the American people. then the BLM will disappear again the Dems will give Biden praise for doing something that Trump failed to do.

not to mention blame Trump for all the racist/slavery going back 4 centuries.

I mentioned before I was tested for being in contact with positive people. About 5 people in my family got it, and my grandmother ended up passing away from it last week. She was 87 and in bad health, so we knew it was coming. Had about all the bad pre-existing conditions. Diabetic, COPD, etc...

I mentioned before I was tested for being in contact with positive people. About 5 people in my family got it, and my grandmother ended up passing away from it last week. She was 87 and in bad health, so we knew it was coming. Had about all the bad pre-existing conditions. Diabetic, COPD, etc...
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. And I hope the rest of yours have a better outcome.

Everyone else is fine. They all had 2-3 rough days, just like I had, but major issues. Now they are all testing negative so they are free. This could be taken bad, but I mean it in a good way, this was probably the best for my grandmother. She only showed symptoms for a few hours, took her to the hospital and she was out of it. Not responsive. I can think of much worse ways to go.

it won't disappear as what will happen is that big pharma company will suddenly have a vaccine. Pelosi will get on her soap box and let everybody that Biden succeeded where Trump failed the American people. then the BLM will disappear again the Dems will give Biden praise for doing something that Trump failed to do.

not to mention blame Trump for all the racist/slavery going back 4 centuries.

I wish Democrats were as tricky and capable as you fantasize they are.

Reactions: pig1960 and UL_1986
Everyone else is fine. They all had 2-3 rough days, just like I had, but major issues. Now they are all testing negative so they are free. This could be taken bad, but I mean it in a good way, this was probably the best for my grandmother. She only showed symptoms for a few hours, took her to the hospital and she was out of it. Not responsive. I can think of much worse ways to go.
My heart goes out to ya either way.

Aw shit, sorry to hear it, man.

Sorry for your loss

Glad Trump brought up the fact that the cases are decreasing in 80% of the provinces in America. You can break down the hotspots in our country to counties. But they don't want to do that because it would show that the overwhelming majority of the country is improving despite the numbers in parts of the south and southwest.

Reactions: SNU0821
I think you accidentally quoted the wrong person.

But since we're talking. Let me take this moment to say fvck Roy Cooper.

Fvck that bastard Cooper! Still not allowing gyms to “officially” open! His latest excuse, we’ll I don’t want to open schools and also open gyms. Man fvck his dumbass. Luckily a lot of gyms are just defying his orders and opening, actually have been opened. Mine has and spoke to another gym owner in another town that said, they’ll just have to ticket me, arrest me, whatever. Said he couldn’t stay closed any longer w/o losing his business.

Does this dumbass Crat realize he is destroying NC gym owners businesses?

Hell, I read some study that showed gyms that have been open for a while have a negligible coronavirus transmission rate.

Sure would like to give the jack azz a beat down!!!

Fvck that bastard Cooper! Still not allowing gyms to “officially” open! His latest excuse, we’ll I don’t want to open schools and also open gyms. Man fvck his dumbass. Luckily a lot of gyms are just defying his orders and opening, actually have been opened. Mine has and spoke to another gym owner in another town that said, they’ll just have to ticket me, arrest me, whatever. Said he couldn’t stay closed any longer w/o losing his business.

Does this dumbass Crat realize he is destroying NC gym owners businesses?

Hell, I read some study that showed gyms that have been open for a while have a negligible coronavirus transmission rate.

Sure would like to give the jack azz a beat down!!!
He’s also destroying the bar business by not allowing bars to reopen unless they serve food. Bars in every state that borders North Carolina have been reopened for months but he still won’t allow bars in NC to reopen.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Glad Trump brought up the fact that the cases are decreasing in 80% of the provinces in America. You can break down the hotspots in our country to counties. But they don't want to do that because it would show that the overwhelming majority of the country is improving despite the numbers in parts of the south and southwest.
THIS

A buddy I play golf with called Saturday and said he tested positive. I went this past Monday and got tested (test wasn’t bad at all) and I was negative!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Sorry to hear this. My mother is 84 and in a nursing home in VA. They had 3 employees and 2 residents test positive a while back. Latest report was all 5 are covid-free. My mother’s kidney’s are functioning at 16%. Her time is short. Too frail for dialysis. It is what it is.

He’s also destroying the bar business by not allowing bars to reopen unless they serve food. Bars in every state that borders North Carolina have been reopened for months but he still won’t allow bars in NC to reopen.
Our local bar opened tonigh. $.50 beers. Wish everyone would tell the governor to eff off. Thankfully a lot of sherriff's departments are not enforcing the unlawful orders from the governor. Wisconsin is the only state that I know of that had a court overrule the overreaching of the governor.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Our local bar opened tonigh. $.50 beers. Wish everyone would tell the governor to eff off. Thankfully a lot of sherriff's departments are not enforcing the unlawful orders from the governor. Wisconsin is the only state that I know of that had a court overrule the overreaching of the governor.
North Carolina filed a lawsuit but the judge upheld Cooper’s orders and at one time the Lt Governor said he was going to file a lawsuit against Cooper and his Cabinet because the way Cooper did things but I don’t know if he ever did or not

North Carolina filed a lawsuit but the judge upheld Cooper’s orders and at one time the Lt Governor said he was going to file a lawsuit against Cooper and his Cabinet because the way Cooper did things but I don’t know if he ever did or not
Cooper has more lawsuits against him than he has bills passed. He has done nothing but enact executive orders and veto bills passed by the state house. He doesn't take any questions from non liberal news outlets and hasn't responded to a single email. This guy is as worthless as a snow blower in Florida.

Cooper has more lawsuits against him than he has bills passed. He has done nothing but enact executive orders and veto bills passed by the state house. He doesn't take any questions from non liberal news outlets and hasn't responded to a single email. This guy is as worthless as a snow blower in Florida.
I’m already waiting to see how long he’ll extend phase 2 again once the next 5 weeks go by because I already know he’s going to extend phase 2 again. 5 weeks from Friday will be September 11th, so I figure he’ll most likely announce on September 9th that he’s extending phase 2 again and when he does, it’ll probably be an extension of something like 8 weeks next time knowing Cooper.

I’d like to “extend” my fist to his face. There I go again with violent overtones. Darn it.

The little dictator and his orders. I would just about vote for Vladimir Putin over Cooper.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
So NC teachers seem to be petrified having school back in session even on a hybrid basis. I don’t have kids so I can’t wade into this question too deep.

stats here in NC show of 13,000+ positive cases of covid among children 17 and under, 1 death. Should parents be so fearful of sending their kids back to school? Is it the teachers who are scared? Florida and NY are sending them back part in class, part at home. As of right now, children in the US have a greater chance of dying from the flu than covid

So NC teachers seem to be petrified having school back in session even on a hybrid basis. I don’t have kids so I can’t wade into this question too deep.

stats here in NC show of 13,000+ positive cases of covid among children 17 and under, 1 death. Should parents be so fearful of sending their kids back to school? Is it the teachers who are scared? Florida and NY are sending them back part in class, part at home. As of right now, children in the US have a greater chance of dying from the flu than covid
The answer is No. They shouldn't be worried about sending their kids back to school. Teachers need to man the *uck up. Nurses, firefighters, police officers, healthcare workers, etc., are all essential workers and have fought through fear and anxiety about working in a COVID environment. Teachers are ALSO essential. They need to seriously quit being big pussies and go teach our kids.

The answer is No. They shouldn't be worried about sending their kids back to school. Teachers need to man the *uck up. Nurses, firefighters, police officers, healthcare workers, etc., are all essential workers and have fought through fear and anxiety about working in a COVID environment. Teachers are ALSO essential. They need to seriously quit being big pussies and go teach our kids.

This is fun to say but the virus exploded in Israel after they reopened schools and ended up shutting them all down. Doesn’t really matter if “teachers man the f*cknup.”

This is fun to say but the virus exploded in Israel after they reopened schools and ended up shutting them all down. Doesn’t really matter if “teachers man the f*cknup.”
Now do the countries that have opened schools with no issues.

Teachers can attend protests, go to Walmart, grocery stores and beaches without worrying about getting sick. But they can't risk their lives to play one of the most important roles in society. And I say risk their lives mockingly. There are far far less covid deaths among children than the flu EVERY year. We're talking about a group of people who took a government paid day off to protest their wages, oh and the pussyhat movement as well as BLM. The most over glorified occupation in the country. I don't mean that their importance is over glorified. I mean it as individual people. And I imagine that there are a lot of teachers who do not buy into the fear or the propaganda. I think there are a lot of teachers who feel like the risks of going back to school are far less severe than the risks of not. But unfortunately, unions are political and don't represent all voices.

Teachers can attend protests, go to Walmart, grocery stores and beaches without worrying about getting sick. But they can't risk their lives to play one of the most important roles in society. And I say risk their lives mockingly. There are far far less covid deaths among children than the flu EVERY year. We're talking about a group of people who took a government paid day off to protest their wages, oh and the pussyhat movement as well as BLM. The most over glorified occupation in the country. I don't mean that their importance is over glorified. I mean it as individual people. And I imagine that there are a lot of teachers who do not buy into the fear or the propaganda. I think there are a lot of teachers who feel like the risks of going back to school are far less severe than the risks of not. But unfortunately, unions are political and don't represent all voices.
Are the teachers and admins against starting school back up for or against continuing to receive their paycheck?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT