ADVERTISEMENT

Covid: Your Town

I was listening to Dr Atlas's comments on the recent spike in cases. I am sure he is just a far right wing source, though. He spoke about the hospitals in Texas and Arizona being near capacity. He said it was a concern, obviously. But covid is not the reason why they are near capacity. It is because they are open for elective procedures. He does not recommend that the hospitals stop doing regular activities because many people have already been affected by the first shutdowns. There was an article about an Atlanta hospital having to open up bed spaces in the community center because "covid cases were overwhelming the hospital." Well, turns out the hospital came out and said that none of the emergency beds were being used and the only reason why they felt they needed to have them was so they could continue with elective procedures in the event covid patients increased dramatically. So more fear mongering bullshit.

He also breaks down when the cases started to spike. Not one single timeline lines up with any of the few states that reopened. I know this will come as a surprise to some. The timeline just so happened to line up at the exact time the protests started. He also mentioned that the counties in Arizona and California that are seeing the biggest spike in cases are border counties with Mexico and that the most infected areas of Mexico happen to be the areas that border California and Arizona.

I was listening to Dr Atlas's comments on the recent spike in cases. I am sure he is just a far right wing source, though. He spoke about the hospitals in Texas and Arizona being near capacity. He said it was a concern, obviously. But covid is not the reason why they are near capacity. It is because they are open for elective procedures. He does not recommend that the hospitals stop doing regular activities because many people have already been affected by the first shutdowns. There was an article about an Atlanta hospital having to open up bed spaces in the community center because "covid cases were overwhelming the hospital." Well, turns out the hospital came out and said that none of the emergency beds were being used and the only reason why they felt they needed to have them was so they could continue with elective procedures in the event covid patients increased dramatically. So more fear mongering bullshit.

He also breaks down when the cases started to spike. Not one single timeline lines up with any of the few states that reopened. I know this will come as a surprise to some. The timeline just so happened to line up at the exact time the protests started. He also mentioned that the counties in Arizona and California that are seeing the biggest spike in cases are border counties with Mexico and that the most infected areas of Mexico happen to be the areas that border California and Arizona.
BUT THE NUMBER OF CASES!!!!!!!!!

No way the test results should be at 100%
That's why he is asking if any reporters are interested in doing they're jobs.

Nish is in hog heaven today. 15,000 cases in Florida. Out of 143,000 tests. But still.

Reactions: SNU0821
60k per day? Do we have enough body bags.......or is the percentage of those that die astronomically low?
The CFR is lower than when NYC/NJ were at their peak in March/April since more younger people are getting the virus but our deaths are going to consistently be in the 1,000-1,500 range on normal reporting days of Tuesday-Friday now just due to the sheer surge in cases.

At our very peak in the Spring, we had 35K cases and now we consistently have 60K cases now.

If enough people get infected, it doesn’t matter how low the fatality rate is since it still means thousands of deaths daily.

That's why he is asking if any reporters are interested in doing they're jobs.

Nish is in hog heaven today. 15,000 cases in Florida. Out of 143,000 tests. But still.
True story, I jerked off as soon as I saw that number today.

I’ll be back here gloating saying I told you so when we cross 1,000 deaths on Tuesday, I can’t wait.

BUT THE NUMBER OF CASES!!!!!!!!!
But the hospitalizations are rising!! Deaths are rising!!

Keep listening to these far right wing sources that are rotting your brain instead of the best minds in this country.

tenor.gif
It has nothing to do with liking you or not. We probably have kore interests in common than not....the only difference is I don’t consume my life with politics. We don’t have much to talk about around here but current events...which are endlessly political.

I just think you internally want things to be one way and struggle mightily when you see it trend in the opposite direction. I don’t give a rat f;CK if it goes one way or another. But weighing what is ACTUALLY happening is pretty important.
Have you ever met an epidemiologist? It’s a secluded field that rarely gets attention and goodies like other areas of medicine. These guys are huge nerds. They love the fact they are in the spotlight. They are in a position of academic power on the subject and will base everything off of worst case scenarios. That’s what Fauci does, and maybe it’s necessary to have a guy like that. But everything in this GD world needs a disclaimer that says consume in moderation. Failing to evaluate stats from all sources makes any of us chumps. Surely........a man of your education can see how easily each side manipulates how the info is put out and interpreted. There are gaping holes in a lot of it... is there not?

But the hospitalizations are rising!! Deaths are rising!!

Keep listening to these far right wing sources that are rotting your brain instead of the best minds in this country.

Do you understand the numbers you just posted? Do you have the wherewithal to compare them to normal death statistics this time last year? Is the population being devastated by this?

It has nothing to do with liking you or not. We probably have kore interests in common than not....the only difference is I don’t consume my life with politics. We don’t have much to talk about around here but current events...which are endlessly political.

I just think you internally want things to be one way and struggle mightily when you see it trend in the opposite direction. I don’t give a rat f;CK if it goes one way or another. But weighing what is ACTUALLY happening is pretty important.
Have you ever met an epidemiologist? It’s a secluded field that rarely gets attention and goodies like other areas of medicine. These guys are huge nerds. They love the fact they are in the spotlight. They are in a position of academic power on the subject and will base everything off of worst case scenarios. That’s what Fauci does, and maybe it’s necessary to have a guy like that. But everything in this GD world needs a disclaimer that says consume in moderation. Failing to evaluate stats from all sources makes any of us chumps. Surely........a man of your education can see how easily each side manipulates how the info is put out and interpreted. There are gaping holes in a lot of it... is there not?
when-a-stickied-post-on-rgifs-is-looking-for-classic-reaction-gifs-and-then-says-theyr-rreactiongifs-91654.gif

Reactions: toonces11
Do you understand the numbers you just posted? Do you have the wherewithal to compare them to normal death statistics this time last year? Is the population being devastated by this?
No, he doesn’t understand the shit he’s posted. All he knows is Orange Man Bad. Doesn’t seem like that one is too bright.

You kind of lose all credibility when you link someone calling it the China Virus. You also come off as a racist POS. The tweeter, not you.
Eh. I tried to link just the article, but it wouldn't work for me.

Reactions: 829305
You kind of lose all credibility when you link someone calling it the China Virus. You also come off as a racist POS. The tweeter, not you.
Why is calling it the China virus racist? There are several other viruses that are named after the region/location and they have never been deemed racist. Spanish flu, MERS, West Nile, etc.

Feels like faux outrage for the sake of being outraged and political correctness to the max.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Why is calling it the China virus racist? There are several other viruses that are named after the region/location and they have never been deemed racist. Spanish flu, MERS, West Nile, etc.

Feels like faux outrage for the sake of being outraged and political correctness to the max.
Trump also called it the “Kung Flu”.

Either way, did anyone read the article? Pretty interesting information.

No I understand your point. You think it's racist because he labelled the virus to a country, much like the Spanish flu. But unlike the Spanish flu it's being labelled to the correct country.
The point of origin is thrown out of the window when you make comments like kung flu. Sure, it’s funny l guess..but it’s also disparaging.

The point of origin is thrown out of the window when you make comments like kung flu. Sure, it’s funny l guess..but it’s also disparaging.
But it's not, though. The only reason it's considered racist is because Orange Man said it.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

Agreed. I don't have a problem with that and, in fact, would much rather call it the China Virus than COVID-19. China deserves to wear this stigma like a scarlet letter. Only reason we are letting them off the hook is because of liberal wokescolding. Liberals would rather put all the blame on Trump and calling it the China Virus takes away from that goal.

I swear your username looks just like the guy calling me out for faux outrage the other day. Must be a coincidence.

The only reason you don’t think it’s racist is because you love yourself some Trumpy.
I think it shouldnt ever come out of the POTUS's mouth...but I do think the term "racist" gets tossed around way to casually. I don't think its racist, but def inappropriate for anyone in an elected position to be using.

I think it shouldnt ever come out of the POTUS's mouth...but I do think the term "racist" gets tossed around way to casually. I don't think its racist, but def inappropriate for anyone in an elected position to be using.
I agree with this, and ftr I’m not offended by this, just think it’s inappropriate as you suggested for a President to say.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT