ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins tears his ACL.

That probably ends his basketball career.
Sucks for him. He was always one of my favorites of the Cal era. I was in grad school when Cal showed up at UK, and ran into Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins as a trio together fairly often. I wouldn't have even called him an acquaintance, but he was always laughing, sporting a huge smile and nice to everyone around him when I saw him. He was pretty decent at basketball too.

Reactions: DeputyDodge
I wouldn't go as far as saying this ends his career, that's a bit harsh, but yeah, definitely sucks. He was just in the Bahamas/Jamica wtf ever playing pick up games with ppl. He clearly has a huge heart and I'm sure he'll be fine (financially/spiritually) regardless.

Bummer for him. Hate to hear that.

“Do you know where Alabama is?”

Still makes me chuckle.
My favorite was "hello Mr President, this is Demarcus Cousins".

EAby6ISWwAEXbzx

I wouldn't go as far as saying this ends his career, that's a bit harsh, but yeah, definitely sucks. He was just in the Bahamas/Jamica wtf ever playing pick up games with ppl. He clearly has a huge heart and I'm sure he'll be fine (financially/spiritually) regardless.

Not trying to be harsh. Idk why people are taking it that way. A torn achilles and torn ACL back to back simply does not bode well.

Reactions: brooky03
I wouldn't say harsh, but extreme. After he is healed he will still get a NBA contract. It will be nothing compared to what he would have gotten without those injuries though.

Reactions: KisteK
But he also has had 2 of the worst possible injuries back to back.

True. But his Achilles and his ACL are pushing 40. Those injuries are rough. And to have them back to back? It will be very hard , for sure .

The injuries are rough, and cumulative. But, I think it’s more an issue of him rushing his rehab to try and get back out there.

If he was 34/35, this would probably be it. But at 29, he’s still in his prime years. He just needs to be patient and take a full year off. He probably won’t, but that’s what he should do.

But he also has had 2 of the worst possible injuries back to back.
Not trying to be harsh. Idk why people are taking it that way. A torn achilles and torn ACL back to back simply does not bode well.
Its bc you're wrong about a torn ACL being one of the worst injuries, maybe in the 1980-1990's it was a death sentence but today people comeback from the injury at the same level of play all the time.

For evidence I submit

Good thing he turned down that 2 year $40million deal for a one year $5.5mil deal.
He's cleared over 100M in his career earnings. Idk he's struggling to bad, but just in case you should start a gofundme for him.

Its bc you're wrong about a torn ACL being one of the worst injuries, maybe in the 1980-1990's it was a death sentence but today people comeback from the injury at the same level of play all the time.

For evidence I submit

He's cleared over 100M in his career earnings. Idk he's struggling to bad, but just in case you should start a gofundme for him.

"All the time" is a bit of a stretch. It's not the injury it once was but plenty of athletes don't recover from it 100%. AP is pretty much the exception to every rule.

As others have said, the achilles tear is the bad one. Most pro athletes don't recover fully from that, especially in/near their 30's. Compounding it with an ACL tear ain't good.

For evidence I submit

Sources say that when you tear your achilles and your ACL back to back, it does not bode well for the future.

Bummer for him. Hate to hear that.

“Do you know where Alabama is?”

Still makes me chuckle.
Back in the mid/late 90's I saw No Doubt open a concert in Rupp. Gwen Stefani says "We're from California, do you know where California is?" in a very condescending tone. Lets just say the rest of their set didn't go well.

Back in the mid/late 90's I saw No Doubt open a concert in Rupp. Gwen Stefani says "We're from California, do you know where California is?" in a very condescending tone. Lets just say the rest of their set didn't go well.
Some people might not have the privilege of owning a map in Lexington..she was just trying to be educational to those in need..Winking

Was there ever any doubt? Weird obsession.

...thanks, you settled a bet as to who would report it here first.

Look, a couple of 50 yr olds so obsessed with a Louisville fan’s posts. Crying about a bleacher report tweet. Following me around like a couple of lost puppies.

I’m sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that ya know, prior to his injuries, he was one of the most dominant big man in the NBA.

Sorry that this world wide news hurts you two.

Last edited:
Look, a couple of 50 yr olds so obsessed with a 20 yr olds posts. Crying about a bleacher report tweet. Crying about the person who posted it bc they think I posted it since he was a former Uk player. Following me around like a couple of lost puppies.

I’m sure it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that ya know, prior to his injuries, he was one of the most dominant big man in the NBA.

Sorry that this world wide news hurts you two.
You should have allowed them to 'self report'

You should have allowed them to 'self report'

I just see a couple of upset losers with nothing else to do and are trying to deflect and “call out” someone (me), which doesn’t work because I am well known for bringing any and every bit of interesting news to this board regardless of team or school.

I just see a couple of upset losers with nothing else to do and are trying to deflect and “call out” someone (me), which doesn’t work because I am well known for bringing any and every bit of interesting news to this board regardless of team or school.
It might be a case of the hurt butts!!!!!! I will work on a definitive diagnosis....also note a normal response via jimbo.

JC, of course, would be the first to report anything that reflected negatively on Louisville or KU.

Well, aside from that LandOfOz goof who literally only posts when there's negative news about KU.

Reactions: HRTheCard
It might be a case of the hurt butts!!!!!! I will work on a definitive diagnosis....also note a normal response via jimbo.

Yeah, not everything is about Louisville vs Kentucky. @JimboBBN actually brought forth a conversation/comment unlike those 2 clowns. Can't say I'm shocked though.

Lol, messing with Cousins’ money seems to not be in her best self interest.

Not defending it by any means, but the fact that she wouldn’t let a kid go to his dad’s wedding, recorded the phone calls when they were discussing it, and sold the tapes to TMZ kinda speaks for itself, doesn’t it?

Reactions: ChattaVol06

Not defending it by any means, but the fact that she wouldn’t let a kid go to his dad’s wedding, recorded the phone calls when they were discussing it, and sold the tapes to TMZ kinda speaks for itself, doesn’t it?
It might also speak to how dangerous she viewed Cousins and that she didnt want their son around him unsupervised. Taking the info we have at face value---she might have been right!

She possibly could have recorded it because she knew what kind of response he would have. Meaning this wasn't his first time to say something like that.

...you knew what you were doing.

Ex had her phone out recording, she was obviously baiting Cousins before she started filming. Doesn't make what he said ok; it's pretty bad. However he was clearly frustrated that she wouldn't let his son come to his wedding. Nothing more petty than adults using children to "get back" at each other. Not cool on her or him.

Bringing relevant breaking news to a topic that was still on page 1?

If he hadn’t done it, were you going to?

...it's just funny that pretty much any news here with any negative connotation towards UK or former UK players comes from the same source...

ADVERTISEMENT