ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption

If Obama gets credit for the economy he gets credit for dividing the country also
Well, he should get some credit for the economy but Trump IMO gets more given deregulation and the tax cuts are a big driver of the economic success.

Obama also gets more credit for dividing the country than Trump. Obama started it and Trump just continued it.

I’m sure you were equally happy when Obama did it, right?
Obama had one of the slowest economic recoveries in history. He tried to convince the people 2% GDP was the new norm. Why is that? Could it be because he suffocated the business community with regulations that killed growth? He questioned where Trump was going to get these manufacturing type jobs from. He mocked him and asked if he had a magic wand (or something like that). Obama claimed those jobs were gone for good. Obama is the last person I would pump on economic success.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Obama had one of the slowest economic recoveries in history. He tried to convince the people 2% GDP was the new norm. Why is that? Could it be because he suffocated the business community with regulations that killed growth? He questioned where Trump was going to get these manufacturing type jobs from. He mocked him and asked if he had a magic wand (or something like that). Obama claimed those jobs were gone for good. Obama is the last person I would pump on economic success.
People keep running around spouting Trump is saving the economy when he hit 4.2%. I don’t recall the same fervor under Obama.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
People keep running around spouting Trump is saving the economy when he hit 4.2%. I don’t recall the same fervor under Obama.
Eh, I agree to a point. We still need to wait and see what is going to happen because honestly, it could go either way. I could see growth continuing but I can just as easily see growth slowing and possibly head into a recession. The tariff and trade stuff just adds in so much uncertainty.

There also wasn't any material wage growth under Obama. We're actually starting to see a bit of it now, but still not where it needs to be.

Reactions: Matt Laurer
Obama's highest GDP year was 2015, where there was a 2.9% growth... Needless to say, the GDP rate never exceeded the unemployment in 8 years under Obama. Just happened in this second quarter, with the unemployment rate at 3.9%...

But, I still don't like the tariffs.. And I worry that we're creating another bubble that could burst ala 2008. Time will tell.

Eh, I agree to a point. We still need to wait and see what is going to happen because honestly, it could go either way. I could see growth continuing but I can just as easily see growth slowing and possibly head into a recession. The tariff and trade stuff just adds in so much uncertainty.

There also wasn't any material wage growth under Obama. We're actually starting to see a bit of it now, but still not where it needs to be.

Sensible post. Any republican candidate could have achieved similar or better growth. He inherited a pretty good deal. Please don’t mess it up.

When did Obama hit 4.2% GDP growth?

4 or 5 times

Sensible post. Any republican candidate could have achieved similar or better growth. He inherited a pretty good deal. Please don’t mess it up.
That’s why the tariffs and trade stuff worries me. I think a large reason for that is it’s unknown territory. I dont recall a president really focusing on trade like Trump has so I’ve got no real idea how it’s likely to end. Could be bad, could be good. I genuinely dont know.

4 or 5 times

That's one of the things that baffles me with Trump. Mike Pence would be doing at LEAST as much, and wouldn't be a buffoon on top of it. Why don't more Republicans just cut The Donald loose and get a long-term, well-connected, experienced Republican who would have a good chance to win in 2018 into that office?

Reactions: Matt Laurer
Not surprising we haven’t heard a peep from TheDude or the other liberals here about the lunatic liberal who tried to stab the republican running for Congress in California or the open bribe liberals are proposing for Susan Collins vote against Kavanaugh. Not surprised one bit. If the shoe were on the other foot we’d be talking about nazis or white surpremacist or the alt right, etc........

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Not surprising we haven’t heard a peep from TheDude or the other liberals here about the lunatic liberal who tried to stab the republican running for Congress in California or the open bribe liberals are proposing for Susan Collins vote against Kavanaugh. Not surprised one bit. If the shoe were on the other foot we’d be talking about nazis or white surpremacist or the alt right, etc........
In his defense...he was recovering from a meltdown after getting owned.

Start a thread about it. You know we don't go to the same objective news sources you do.

Twitter now trying to sensor the term “illegal immigrant” and others related at hate speech.

Jesus, tech companies like some sort of oversight. They can’t deny the bias any longer.
Why are you scared of intellect? When this stuff breaks in your favor, it's "winning." When it breaks the other way, it's never about checking yourself or reflection; no, it's always about how the refs cheated you.

Why are you scared of intellect? When this stuff breaks in your favor, it's "winning." When it breaks the other way, it's never about checking yourself or reflection; no, it's always about how the refs cheated you.
Because if the shoe was on the other foot and say a black or brown person was being censored on social media you would be up in arms claiming white privilege, Nazi's and conservatives are responsible and more than likely tying systemic racism (not a real thing any longer) into the conversation. Hypocrite.

Because if the shoe was on the other foot and say a black or brown person was being censored on social media you would be up in arms claiming white privilege, Nazi's and conservatives are responsible and more than likely tying systemic racism (not a real thing any longer) into the conversation. Hypocrite.
Cool story. That's projection and exactly the opposite of what I have done in distinguishing between speech protected by the govt and speech in the private sector.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT