ADVERTISEMENT

Corruption

When people post as anonymous, and/or use unnamed sources, I can't help but call bullshit.
I understand the skepticism, but there are reasons people would choose anonymity. If this hypothetical person wants to continue working in the White House, anonymity would be the only logical choice.

I also think the NYT would be very aware of the tendency to doubt an unnamed source. That's why it is their general policy not to publish anonymous pieces. It would take something of this magnitude to warrant an exception.

Considering how our President accuses everything unfavorable of being "fake news" and considering how well it works with a large portion of his base, the NYT would have to be pretty certain of itself or be the most daring bluffer ever to roll w/ something it doesn't have a ton of confidence in.

I understand the skepticism, but there are reasons people would choose anonymity. If this hypothetical person wants to continue working in the White House, anonymity would be the only logical choice.

I also think the NYT would be very aware of the tendency to doubt an unnamed source. That's why it is their general policy not to publish anonymous pieces. It would take something of this magnitude to warrant an exception.

Considering how our President accuses everything unfavorable of being "fake news" and considering how well it works with a large portion of his base, the NYT would have to be pretty certain of itself or be the most daring bluffer ever to roll w/ something it doesn't have a ton of confidence in.
...or they could just want clicks

Spin....mirror really? Pence used this term since 2001. I think you can take the op at face value. Trump is not an honorable person.. Never has been. Wasn't taught by his father to even be one.

Take the red pill. It's crystal clear; think mirror! Trump is playing 5D chess, and this "insider" is actually on team Trump and subtlety signalling the Patriots at 8Chan to hold strong in the knowledge that Trump has the [DS] cabalists on the run. Trust the Plan. WWG1WGA!

Take the red pill. It's crystal clear; think mirror! Trump is playing 5D chess, and this "insider" is actually on team Trump and subtlety signalling the Patriots at 8Chan to hold strong in the knowledge that Trump has the [DS] cabalists on the run. Trust the Plan. WWG1WGA!

Qanon member? Trump couldn't play a game of 2d chess lol It's not fair, its a fake move....

Qanon member? Trump couldn't play a game of 2d chess lol It's not fair, its a fake move....

Typical shill,,,or should I say Shillary? How many Soros bucks do you have? Lol,,,Tell your buddies at the [DS] that we seen the ending to this movie,,,,good triumphs over evil. Amen!!1! NO moar globalists! No moar HollyWEIRD pedos! You people are sick!

Reactions: TheDude1
Typical shill,,,or should I say Shillary? How many Soros bucks do you have? Lol,,,Tell your buddies at the [DS] that we seen the ending to this movie,,,,good triumphs over evil. Amen!!1! NO moar globalists! No moar HollyWEIRD pedos! You people are sick!

Yeah, this is why I’m questioning democracy.

Yeah, this is why I’m questioning democracy.

Because you have a hard time detecting sarcasm online? Don't worry, we all struggle with it. #blessQ #autists #babyboomerson8chan #WWG1WGA #isthisenoughsarcasmyet #ihopeyou'vecaughtonbynow

Because you have a hard time detecting sarcasm online? Don't worry, we all struggle with it. #blessQ #autists #babyboomerson8chan #WWG1WGA #isthisenoughsarcasmyet #ihopeyou'vecaughtonbynow

lol I was going to say.. thought you made good points in past.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

LOL I didn't vote in the last presidential election. I'm not into Evil vs Evil... but its great entertainment!

That's ridiculous. Plenty of people have to do things anonymously. Deep Throat was anonymous. Lots of whistleblowers do things anonymously. As long as the people putting the information out there are confident (and the New York Times can be counted on to have vetted the material to the best of their ability) you can take a piece seriously even if it was written anonymously.
cowards and liars do things anonymously

Reactions: SNU0821
Corruption is greed. That is why it exist. That's why it will always exist.

how many on here watched the conformation hearing yesterday

it was comical watching Booker grandstand and make a complete fool of himself only to find out later that his grandstanding was a lie and he had those documents four hours before the hearings

So, Trump has now called on the Justice Department to find out who the source is, even though there was apparently no law broken.

So yeah... now we have a president who uses law enforcement to go after people he doesn't like and deal with personal issues. That's not disconcerting at all.

Fingers crossed that the professionals in Justice ignore him.

got a link where he states his information is from an anonymous source?

Just look back on the last page, where there are several instances of Trump publicly claiming things from sources without naming those sources.

Just look back on the last page, where there are several instances of Trump publicly claiming things from sources without naming those sources.

provide a link where he states his information is from an anonymous source
you love to provide links, most of them are meaningless but links just the same

Reactions: oldsports_

I guess you forgot Trump's anonymous sources on Obama.... its easy to google, you should give it a try. If you ignore it, it'll go away lol

Uhhh...

So, the way "anonymous sources" works is that the person who GETS the information knows who it is. Like... the New York Times knows who the person was who wrote the op-ed, and Donald Trump was quoting "sources" in those tweets that he knew.

But the name of the source is NOT revealed publicly. So, the NYT doesn't reveal the source, and neither did Donald.

That's what it means; sharing information without revealing who the source is.

Were you thinking that "anonymous" means that NOBODY knows who it was? I get the feeling that is what you think it means.

And no, my links are rarely meaningless. Mebeblue, I get that you might not like some of the things I say, or agree with them, but I do usually know what I am talking about and I nearly always provide worthwhile links. Don't play dumb and try to pretend otherwise; it makes you look a bit... desperate.

BTW, I assume everyone knows about how Donald used to call up reporters and pose as a Trump PR guy, and then talk about how Donald Trump got lots of women, right? He admitted it was him some time ago, but then near the election denied it, even though he had already admitted it. Truly bizarre. If you don't know the story, it's a fun one to read.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...70cabef46e0_story.html?utm_term=.ae9d108f335c

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Uhhh...

So, the way "anonymous sources" works is that the person who GETS the information knows who it is. Like... the New York Times knows who the person was who wrote the op-ed, and Donald Trump was quoting "sources" in those tweets that he knew.

But the name of the source is NOT revealed publicly. So, the NYT doesn't reveal the source, and neither did Donald.

That's what it means; sharing information without revealing who the source is.

Were you thinking that "anonymous" means that NOBODY knows who it was? I get the feeling that is what you think it means.

And no, my links are rarely meaningless. Mebeblue, I get that you might not like some of the things I say, or agree with them, but I do usually know what I am talking about and I nearly always provide worthwhile links. Don't play dumb and try to pretend otherwise; it makes you look a bit... desperate.

BTW, I assume everyone knows about how Donald used to call up reporters and pose as a Trump PR guy, and then talk about how Donald Trump got lots of women, right? He admitted it was him some time ago, but then near the election denied it, even though he had already admitted it. Truly bizarre. If you don't know the story, it's a fun one to read.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...70cabef46e0_story.html?utm_term=.ae9d108f335c

being an anonymous source is no different then putting on a hood or a mask and causing destruction
cowardly

being an anonymous source is no different then putting on a hood or a mask and causing destruction
cowardly

Usually hard line stances don't work in the real world because reality is much more nuanced than bumper-sticker level stances. This is no exception. Anonymous sources have their uses, especially when vetted by a trusted source. Reputable media outlets (generally) use anonymous sources with caution and subject to tight guidelines. There are times when even the most reputable media outlets blunder, but the phrase throwing the baby out with the bathwater comes to mind here.

But at least you failed to respond to Dat's correct point re: what anonymous sources are and instead just reiterated a stance that you've already been crystal clear on:

if Trump had an anonymous source, then i agree the anonymous source would be a coward or a liar maybe both
just like the NTY anonymous source is a coward or a liar maybe both

cowards and liars do things anonymously

Usually hard line stances don't work in the real world because reality is much more nuanced than bumper-sticker level stances. This is no exception. Anonymous sources have their uses, especially when vetted by a trusted source. Reputable media outlets (generally) use anonymous sources with caution and subject to tight guidelines. There are times when even the most reputable media outlets blunder, but the phrase throwing the baby out with the bathwater comes to mind here.

But at least you failed to respond to Dat's correct point re: what anonymous sources are and instead just reiterated a stance that you've already been crystal clear on:

Two things:

First, stop with your clear points that reflect the varied nuances of the real world. I just want to shout about "IF YOU ARE ANONYMOUS YOU ARE A LYING COWARD!" and be done with it.

Second... why is everyone all giving Dat all the credit recently?! WTF does a guy have to do?!

:)

Reactions: Dattier
Two things:

First, stop with your clear points that reflect the varied nuances of the real world. I just want to shout about "IF YOU ARE ANONYMOUS YOU ARE A LYING COWARD!" and be done with it.

Second... why is everyone all giving Dat all the credit recently?! WTF does a guy have to do?!

:)

Sorry, TheDude1, all you Duke fans look the same to me. ;)

Reactions: TheDude1
if Trump had an anonymous source, then i agree the anonymous source would be a coward or a liar maybe both
just like the NTY anonymous source is a coward or a liar maybe both
What would you call someone who uses a.m. anonymous source? For all we know, he himself may have been his own source since the crazy tweets he used them for sounds a lot like his own words.

how many on here watched the conformation hearing yesterday

it was comical watching Booker grandstand and make a complete fool of himself only to find out later that his grandstanding was a lie and he had those documents four hours before the hearings

not one response to Booker acting like a fool
wonder why
we all know the answer why

Reactions: SNU0821
Bring it!- Booker.

His actions seem a little trumpish.
Yup! He’s embracing the extreme left. Not sure that’s the best approach to beat Trump. I personally am hoping for Bernie because that would guarantee another victory for Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT