Brian Dutcher
Mark Few
Anthony Grant
Leonard Hamilton
Greg McDermott
Bruce Pearl
Mark Pope

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Gotta go with Anthony Grant, Brian Dutcher and Greg McDermott for my top 3 in any order.

Few and Calipari but no Self?

they did that a few years ago. Roy Williams and coach K but no cal in a year all 3 were really good. It may have been last season. Something like every top 15 teams coach was up for coy except for Cal who had Kentucky ranked 8th or so at the time. Idk man. The media has started to turn on self a little over the last year or so imo.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Why Self?
Why not? COY is a joke for the most part anyways....Guys like Self, Cal, K, Roy, Izzo, etc, etc....seemingly never win. Its b/c of who they are, and what they have accomplished. What they do is expected: Win. One of the biggest frauds there is, is this award.

Reactions: schoonerwest
The fact that Cal and Pearl are on this list instead of Bill Self and Chris Holtmann is absolutely insane.

Are some decision makers this stupid?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
The fact that Cal and Pearl are on this list instead of Bill Self and Chris Holtmann is absolutely insane.

Are some decision makers this stupid?
Decision makers....amirite?
It's great watching/witnesses favoritisms across all boards.

Some defend and some are offended.

Reactions: Montana81
I remember watching the UK-UT game and they showed that Cal rant about Evansville for about 3-4 mins and UT cut the Cats’ 17 pt lead down to 8 just in that timeframe lol. The irony was hilarious in retrospect.

Reactions: UL_1986
I remember watching the UK-UT game and they showed that Cal rant about Evansville for about 3-4 mins and UT cut the Cats’ 17 pt lead down to 8 just in that timeframe lol. The irony was hilarious in retrospect.
did you catch the way he said it, he wasn't ranting. He was mocking.

That's one thing I love about this board is to see/read the different perspectives.

Anyway, Calipari deserves credit taking a team who has one of the worst loses in UK's history, to winning the SEC outright.

K lost to Stephen F. Austin, but they might be a tournament team.

Our loss was way worse and therefor Cal deserves more credit.

Anyway, Calipari deserves credit taking a team who has one of the worst loses in UK's history, to winning the SEC outright.

K lost to Stephen F. Austin, but they might be a tournament team.

Our lose was way worse and therefor Cal deserves more credit.
Solid troll.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Why not? COY is a joke for the most part anyways....Guys like Self, Cal, K, Roy, Izzo, etc, etc....seemingly never win. Its b/c of who they are, and what they have accomplished. What they do is expected: Win. One of the biggest frauds there is, is this award.
I created a thread about this a few years ago. They usually pick somebody to win who deserves it but the finalists always seem to leave you wondering what their criteria was.

Calipari and K are tied for the most Naismith COY with 3. There's never been a coach with 4.

Calipari has 1.

1996 and 2008 were both revoked off his record because of the cheating.
I wonder if they come to your door and take back the trophies?

*also he was cleared by the NCAA and deemed a victim (by the NCAA).

First one to 4 wins.

I wonder if they come to your door and take back the trophies?

*also he was cleared by the NCAA and deemed a victim.
No. They let you keep them. They even let Milli Vanilli keep their Grammys so no doubt Calipari still has his illegitimate trophies, rings and banners laying around someplace in the garage.

Still cheating though.

No. They let you keep them. They even let Milli Vanilli keep their Grammys so no doubt Calipari still has his illegitimate trophies, rings and banners laying around someplace in the garage.

Still cheating though.
Clearly a victim (NCAA words not mine), of shit going on around him, which he had no control over.I'm glad he came to UK, we take care of that for him. and poof....nothing.

Moby_Dick.jpg

link

Clearly a victim (NCAA words not mine), of shit going on around him, which he had no control over.I'm glad he came to UK, we take care of that for him. and poof....nothing.
It will be interesting to look back on him after he retires. At this pace he will end up being the UCLA of elite HOF coaches. 4 Final Fours, 2 championship game appearances and 1 title all in just a half decade. But nothing really of note before or after while always having the cloud over his head that illegal things were going on.

None of that bothers me though. I still think he’s one of the best ever.

It will be interesting to look back on him after he retires. At this pace he will end up being the UCLA of elite HOF coaches. 4 Final Fours, 2 championship game appearances and 1 title all in just a half decade. But nothing really of note before or after while always having the cloud over his head that illegal things were going on.

None of that bothers me though. I still think he’s one of the best ever.
Agree. He needs at least one more championship.

So does Self.

ADVERTISEMENT