ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations U of L

cdbearde

Mar 9, 2017
Kentucky Strong. :cool:
Now don't get me wrong, we play you are the bottom scum scrapping BLAH BLAH, whatever, but I am proud to see you pick up a win. :p

Reactions: rockycard
Especially gratifying knowing we beat the three zebras as well.

Reversing a double dribble call? On the most obvious double dribble possible at that.

Update on Malik? I’m in a group chat with some friends, most of them Louisville, and I saw he got hurt again. Sad to see, I was hoping he could make an impact at the end of the year.

Anytime you can beat Duke on their homecourt is a good win fo sho.
Well. It goes down as a win at Duke. But let's not pretend that it is anything special to beat Duke this year. Home or away. Any team that gets swept by a team that lost to an average unc team by 45 points isn't worth bragging about beating.

Update on Malik? I’m in a group chat with some friends, most of them Louisville, and I saw he got hurt again. Sad to see, I was hoping he could make an impact at the end of the year.

No lie man, tough. Mack said he stepped on someone’s foot and was feeling pain, which he tried to play through, but you could just tell it was hurting him. Outlook can’t be good I don’t suspect but obv have no clue just knowing how much trouble he’s had with the same injury now for two seasons, and it is really sad to see. Not so sure he was 100% coming back, but he could have been and conditioning bothered him. But yea gotta feel for the kid, he’s a warrior.

And apparently, for those who previously asked about Igehon, AI has something medical goin on, non-covid related, that could be potentially career threatening, so thus the coaching and medical staffs are scared to play him. That’s just message board info though, hippa and such, so don’t shoot the messenger. I’d hazard a guess something with his heart bc that’s somewhat common with big men but that is pure speculation I have no clue. You would think they would want to just announce it if for nothing else to get jackass fans off his back.

Just terrible luck, looked like coming in we’d have a great bc and serviceable front court, and I’m definitely not saying Withers hasn’t done a greatjob, but we are just better with him at the 4 so williamson can slide back to the 3, but we’ve lost both true 5s and have had to adjust.

Well. It goes down as a win at Duke. But let's not pretend that it is anything special to beat Duke this year. Home or away. Any team that gets swept by a team that lost to an average unc team by 45 points isn't worth bragging about beating.

Transitive property is for multiplication, not basketball.

If we were as bad as we played @ unc, we wouldn’t have won a game all season. We didn’t come to play and gave up when we got our ass kicked. 20,30,40,45 an ass whipping is an ass whipping. Wisky did the same thing.

Look around, most everyone’s got a head scratcher this year sans gonzaga. We have 2-3 of em. I’m not sure who you root forbut I suspect they do as well.

Reactions: cdbearde
Teams are struggling if forced to layoff for COVID. They probably can't practice either.

Louisville has good guard play, but alot of issues like any other team. No depth. Without Williams no size. 3 pt shooting is no good.

Duke has problems but they had won 4 in a row seemed they were pulling together since dude quit. Hurt was doing whatever he wanted.

Louisville lost their captain in the middle of the game and Johnson had 4 fouls most the 2nd half. That was a good win given those circumstances.

Making the tournament would be a good achievement.

I love this team for real. Idgaf about the post Covid layoff games. Not playing for almost a month twice in the middle of the season, not being able to practice. Meh. I mean they were atrocious losses, but if we would’ve been at full strength...not having the pauses we wouldn’t of lost like that so w/e.
As for the Duke game. I hardly ever bitch about officiating but that reverse double dribble call (also not even checking the monitors after) was one of the worst calls I’ve seen in quite some time. Glad we got the win, and I think Williamson and Slazinski have really showed maturity as of late. I love Carlik Jones, the dude is a stud who’s imo one of the best guards in the country. DJ had a so so game, but his potential is insane. He just needs to slow the game down at times, and not force unneeded turnovers. Jaylen Withers is another player that has so much potential, and he’s really grown as the season has gone on. I hate what happened for Malik, but I hopefully he recovers and is back before tourney time. With him in at center, Jaylen at the 4, Sam at the 3 and David and Carlik at the guard spots, we look pretty damn good imo. Malik changes our defensive post presence immensely. We’ll need him to make a run in the tournament.

Transitive property is for multiplication, not basketball.

If we were as bad as we played @ unc, we wouldn’t have won a game all season. We didn’t come to play and gave up when we got our ass kicked. 20,30,40,45 an ass whipping is an ass whipping. Wisky did the same thing.

Look around, most everyone’s got a head scratcher this year sans gonzaga. We have 2-3 of em. I’m not sure who you root forbut I suspect they do as well.
I definitely get what you're saying. But I stand by my thoughts on it not being worth bragging about beating Duke. Especially as a Louisville fan. And I am not saying that any Louisville fans are bragging about it, btw. I am a Duke fan and this entire year has been a head scratcher. Lol.

What really got to me about the game the other night is that Hurt was our only guy scoring. And tired or not, they needed to keep getting him the ball but didn't. Goldwire started playing hero ball and that really screwed up our momentum. But either way. You guys got two W's vs Duke this year and definitely should celebrate that, despite Duke having a once in 20 years terrible year. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

No I totally understand.

It’s like finally getting another UK win and they are terrible as well.

What else can we do? Not enjoy it? Your still Duke. The name carries weight, good and bad.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Malik’s Williams out 4-6 weeks aka the rest of the year. Reaggrevated foot injury, smdh.

ADVERTISEMENT